KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Chernobyl

Chernobyl
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Chernobyl

New HBO mini series, solid cast, acting and writing. Highly recommend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9APLXM9Ei8

This week's ep was brutal.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 05:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Also really enjoying this. Those poor bastards that were exposed,,,,,sheesh.

By Stoic

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 12:29 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, first it's explained what happens to the body; then we see it. F**k.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 24th, 2019 05:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Loving this show

Old Post May 25th, 2019 01:52 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Heard good things about this show from someone at work.

And f#ck... Yeah, after watching the trailer is looks intense.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jun 1st, 2019 at 01:20 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 01:16 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

It really has been tremendous. How you make such a gripping drama about fighting an enemy you can't see, hear, smell or touch really is a testament to how good the writing, acting and directing is. I've read a lot and watched a lot of documentaries and Valery Legasov as well as the liquidators and it is mostly very accurate. The roof workers had one of the shittiest jobs in history. 90 seconds of work and a lifetime of terrible health problems. They even make Dyatlov the thoroughly unlikable ******* he was. Unbelievable to think that was his second major nuclear accident in which he received a massive dose of radiation and nearly died.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 10:55 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don’t mean to take this political but the actual writer is trying to suggest that his own show makes him think about Trump.

Pretty disgraceful, I will still watch the show but god damn, why can’t he keep politics out of his show?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 11:59 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

been meaning to watch this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2019 03:37 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll pass, I don't like shows with radiation.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2019 11:18 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It really has been tremendous. How you make such a gripping drama about fighting an enemy you can't see, hear, smell or touch really is a testament to how good the writing, acting and directing is. I've read a lot and watched a lot of documentaries and Valery Legasov as well as the liquidators and it is mostly very accurate. The roof workers had one of the shittiest jobs in history. 90 seconds of work and a lifetime of terrible health problems. They even make Dyatlov the thoroughly unlikable ******* he was. Unbelievable to think that was his second major nuclear accident in which he received a massive dose of radiation and nearly died.

Yeah, it's a genuinely brilliant show. I think it'll go down in history with Band of Brothers and other miniseries as one of the best of all time.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2019 08:52 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Today is the season finale though. It’s over

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2019 12:58 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Best show so far this year.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2019 03:54 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
I'll pass, I don't like shows with radiation.

Radiationophobe.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 08:07 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I did catch the first episode and I was actually quite impressed. I mean, yes, you can make the obvious jokes about the British accents and all, and I don't know how much artistic license was taken with some of the personal interactions. But damn, it's been a while since a pilot episode of something actually got such a strong response from me. Like, for example, you genuinely feel a sense of dread and horror for those people [SPOILER - highlight to read]: watching from the bridge, totally unaware of what is actually happening to them in that moment. So, I definitely plan to check out the rest.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 08:10 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I did catch the first episode and I was actually quite impressed. I mean, yes, you can make the obvious jokes about the British accents and all, and I don't know how much artistic license was taken with some of the personal interactions. But damn, it's been a while since a pilot episode of something actually got such a strong response from me. Like, for example, you genuinely feel a sense of dread and horror for those people [SPOILER - highlight to read]: watching from the bridge, totally unaware of what is actually happening to them in that moment. So, I definitely plan to check out the rest.

Everyone who watched from that bridge died in real life. It's actually now known as the bridge of death.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 01:50 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

How long are each of the episodes?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 02:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Radiationophobe.

I decided to watch an episode to see what all the fuss was about. It wasn't bad by any means, but I expected to be blown away. Maybe it gets way better.

Of course we see Jared Harris [SPOILER - highlight to read]: hang himself again. Poor Lane Pryce.

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 5th, 2019 at 03:18 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 03:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
How long are each of the episodes?

The exact time varies, but they are around an hour. Wiki says 60-72, the episode I saw was 63 minutes.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 03:17 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Good to know. Thanks. thumb up

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 03:26 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Watched first episode and it was excellent. Will plan to continue..

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 12:12 PM