KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » R2 and C3PO

R2 and C3PO
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

R2 and C3PO

I dont know about you guys, but I really was disappointed at the lack of C3PO and R2 interacting in Episode I. They are my favorite SW characters. They have the best chemistry in movie history. Anyways, I was wondering if we'll see more of them as 'friends' in EPII? I sure do hope so! smile

Old Post Aug 13th, 2001 05:28 AM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I agree. 3PO's lines weren't great either. He tended to repeat himself quite a lot. (Two lines in a row saying that Jar Jar was odd!)

I still think GL shouldn't have brought them back in the PT. They hardly serve any purpose.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2001 07:24 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by queeq
I still think GL shouldn't have brought them back in the PT. They hardly serve any purpose.

My personal opinion is that we shouldn't write off their PT involvement just yet. Something tells me that the importance of these two droids has been greatly underestimated....

There are still 2 PT films to go remember,

Old Post Aug 13th, 2001 07:53 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That's possible. But their part in Ep1 was totally useless.

And some of the lines 3PO has (or may have) are duplictaes of the OT as well. I did see that line "Sometimes I just don't understand human behaviour" pass by again. That made me worry. And there's a rumour of 3PO firing a blaster in Ep2. Is this exciting or worrisome? I dunno.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2001 10:30 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

the reason he repeats his lines are beause he has probably been programmed with certain repsonses. i.e. "I am c3po human cyborg relations" or whatever it he says.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2001 11:56 AM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Okay, I dig that particular line. But let's face it, 3PO's lines are not really all that great in TPM.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2001 01:13 PM
darthyogi
Bothan Spy

Well, I'm with R.C. on this one. I think 3po and r2 are going to turn out to be critical, not only to the PT but the OT in ways we don't really know yet as well... as I've said on a number of (very long) occassions. big grin

Old Post Aug 13th, 2001 01:48 PM
Click here to Send darthyogi a Private Message Find more posts by darthyogi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I hope so. And I hope it's not more repetitive saves like in the OT. my only fear really.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2001 03:03 PM
KJ
Sausages

Almost every character in SW has lines that they say over and over. Han Solo says "It's your imagination kid" in ANH and ROTJ.

Queeg how can you say that R2 and 3PO's involvement in TPM was useless? R2 saved the Queens ship and we found out that 3po was built by Darth Vader.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2001 07:01 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't like to be reminded of the latter, thank you? And why was that so important, anyway?

And if R2 hadn't saved the ship, some other droid would have. It was not as if he managed to dodge the laser beam best. I didn't see him dodge anything.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2001 09:51 AM
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

ah yes but he bipassed something or other and that little droid did it!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2001 11:24 AM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

He bypassed the main power generator; saving the day, and so we could see a WHOLE movie

Old Post Aug 14th, 2001 11:36 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And what makes you think one of the other droids couldn't do that?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2001 01:52 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Could you picture C3PO on top of the Naboo Cruiser trying to bypass the main power converter? Ohh, that would of gotten the biggest laugh. Well let's just be thankful that he wasn't up there, you know what they say, women and machinery just dont mix laughing out loud .........(I'm in trouble now!...Oh well, it was worth it) evil face

Old Post Aug 14th, 2001 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Well Queeg there is nothing in the O.T that another droid couldn't have done. So what's the difference?

In TPM, R2 was probably more of a hero than he has ever been.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2001 06:16 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Miffed King Jedi.........

.......I disagree. Wasn't it R2 that delivered the vital message to Obi in ANH. If it wasn't for him, we would have no Luke Skywalker, no destruction of the Death Star, no rebel victory. R2 is a hero in my book smile

Old Post Aug 14th, 2001 06:22 PM
Ratcat

quote:
And what makes you think one of the other droids couldn't do that?

Possibly the fact that they were slag metal, floating away from the ship....... laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 14th, 2001 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

quote:
I don't like to be reminded of the latter, thank you? And why was that so important, anyway?

Aside from the fact that everytime 3PO said "Thank the Maker" he was thanking Vader. I don't know if it will be turned into anything crucial but it is a nice joke non the less.

I wonder if Chewie found a "Made in Tatooine" stick inside when he was fixing him? laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 14th, 2001 11:53 PM
KJ
Sausages

laughing out loud

3PO the campest robot in the Galaxy was built by the baddest Sith. How do you think 3PO would react if he found out in the OT?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2001 04:44 PM
DJ Velocity
The one and only

GL has already said that TPM was just a film to break the ice, introduce the "new" fans to Star Wars and to give a background to some key characters.

With that in mind, I am quite glad R2 and 3 PO were in TPM. Didn't anyone else wonder how R2 D2 got so spunky compared to other R2 units?

The reason behind him bypassing the main power converter was to show that this droid is special, he doesn't think like other droids.

C3 PO. I don't know, he is very argumentative and pompous. Other protocol droids don't seem to have this feature. Maybe we will see a bit more of why he is the way he is in AOTC.

3 PO firing a blaster? That is really worrying. He is supposed to be a coward.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2001 05:23 PM
Click here to Send DJ Velocity a Private Message Find more posts by DJ Velocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote