KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Ghosts of AOTC

Ghosts of AOTC
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Ghosts of AOTC

Check this out people. Spoiler stuff. Right here:
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#12096

Ush: it seems your theory is going down the drain. evil face

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 02:02 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

What was Ush's theory?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:01 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

The only theorie I know that Ush has is that Jedis disseapear and being a ghost are very strongly conected

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:09 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He and I disagree on the Jedi disappearing act. I say the Jedi have to learn it i.e. Yoda and Ben. And I also say that Anakin did NOT disappear when he died. If he did, why didn't they show us then. I say, Jedi should learn this or be purged by fire. Ush doesn't think the burning has got anything to do with the disappearing.

Anyway, I can't remember all the details right now. We talked about this endlessly. But it comes down to this: if QGJ appears as a ghost my theory is stronger than his. And he agrees. So, this is good news for me.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:10 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I don't think the Jedi have to learn it. Maybe it's something that they discover.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:13 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think it has to do with some kind of becoming one with the Force and that takes a lot of dedictaion. Both Ben and Yoda lived in seclusion for a long time, the disappearing was definately a surprise to Vader. So they find out somehow, anyway, GL said we would find out in Ep2 and 3.

And you're right, yerssot. Ush says that a Jedi ONLY appears as a ghost when they disappear. That is why Anakin's appearing as a ghost is evidence that he did indeed disappear, according to Ush. I think it has to do with some kind of deep devotion, some kind of laying down of dead works (to use a Christian expression) and if you've not learned that, you have to be purged.

So, QGJ did not disappear, he was burned (like Anakin) and when he appears as a ghost then it's not the disappearing that makes them a ghost and it's still very likely Anakin did NOT disappear.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:17 PM
KJ
Sausages

Here is what I think -

Sometime in AOTC or ep3 the Jedi are going to discover this by accident. Maybe Qui-Gon's ghost comes back and tells them. big grin

And I still think it has to do with destiny. Following the right path and the will of the force. If you do that then you are rewarded.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:21 PM
queeq
Chaos

That's very vague, KJ. But it's something along those lines.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:23 PM
yerssot

It is not in the movie, but now you HAVE to take the lines of GL or someone else, something like this;
"Someone asked us what happened after the death of Vader and after Luke took him in the shuttle, we were ready for the relise (?) so we did a quick scene in GL's mension, that was the burning of Vader"

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:25 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I hope it is vague. Then we can make up our own minds about certain things. I don't want Lucas to explain it in great detail.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:25 PM
yerssot

Sorry, but he WILL explain it. Otherwhise he wouldn't say that QGJ not dissapearing is an error

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:29 PM
queeq
Chaos

True. But the disappearing/burning/ghost thing MUST and WILL be explained. Not in detail, but in principle.

And yerssot, nice quote. But it's in the movie, that makes it canon. It was meaningless anyway, until they burned QGJ when he did NOT disappear in TPM. Now that scene is fairly crucial to the Jedi religion.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:30 PM
yerssot

There are a lot of explanations for that, there IS a reason.
It is a cannon because they realised it too late

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:35 PM
KJ
Sausages

It still has to do with the Heroes Journey. When the Journey is complete then they are rewarded by being sent to a place of eternal bliss with other Heroes. So somewhere in the next two films, the Jedi are going to realise this.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:37 PM
yerssot

That is still not proven, but it is generally accepted

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 03:41 PM
KJ
Sausages

It's what Star Wars was based on.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 05:16 PM
yerssot

explain

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 05:26 PM
KJ
Sausages

It's based on "the heroes journey" and the last part of that tells how once the journey is complete the heroe goes to a place with other heroes.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 05:31 PM
yerssot

They don't say it in the movie though

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 05:33 PM
KJ
Sausages

They don't say what?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 05:33 PM