KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » AOTC and EPIII Music

AOTC and EPIII Music
Started by: bigsef2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bigsef2

AOTC and EPIII Music

i must say one of my biggest dissapointments with TPM was the soundtrack. there was far too little of the score from the original movies. sure, there were a few hints, now and then, but all in all, the soundtrack was completely different. and i find that rather odd for something that is supposed to be one 12 hour long movie. dont get me wrong, i love duel of the fates, but what about the rest of the soundtrack? i understand the Imperial march obviously couldnt be in there because there was no empire, but there was no reason i can see not to have the "jedi theme" or the main theme that plays at the end of the movie. im not sure what its called but its the most recognizable. it was all throughout the original movies when luke was kicking ass, but we just get a snippet of it when we see "directed by george lucas" at the end of TPM. i see no reason for that.

what is everybodys predictions for AOTC and EPIII. will GL have John williams use the same basic themes as in TPM, or will the music from the OT gradually be used more and more?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 09:01 PM
Click here to Send bigsef2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Patience my dear, Big....
I think when the empire comes around.....the Imperial march will be ressurected smile

Personally I liked TPM soundtrack. It was good w/o reusing too much old material.....but I do think you'll get you wish in AotC and Ep III big grin

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 09:29 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef2

actually, although i greatly regret not using the same music throughout, i would prefer gl NOT to ressurect the old soundtrack. i dont like the whole "gradual progression to epsidoe IV" ideas about how the movies will be. it makes the prequel trilogy seem more like it only exists to set up the OT. id much rather the prequel be its own thing. sure, in the end, its one 12 hour long movie, but with two separate, and distinct parts. the OT is to "closed" to interfere with.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:04 PM
Click here to Send bigsef2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

A piece of the Imp. March is used in the Anakin theme...

And Dual of the Fates is used in EpII (watch one of the trailers for that)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:06 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

hmmm..I see your point....however...the Imerpial march or some rendition of it might be used....just to tie the movies together.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:08 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef2

yeah, you can hear the music in the trailers, but that doesnt necessarily mean anything. if you look at the old TPM trailers, they had the imperial march in them... but i agree that duel of the fates is a theme that will be in all the prequel trilogy movies.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:08 PM
yerssot

ok ... get the dvd and watch the comment of GL, he clearly said that Duel will be in EpII

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:10 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef2

i didnt dispute that at all. i just said that the fact that its in the trailer doesnt prove anything because the imperial march was in the TPM trailer

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:11 PM
yerssot

and I tell you that he said it on the DVD!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:15 PM
Julie
The Student

i didn't know that, but it's an interesting observation.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:16 PM
bigsef2

ok, so its on the dvd. i still dont seem to see where were are disagreeing.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:20 PM
yerssot

Don't know, just wanted to say it again and again smile

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:29 PM
bigsef2

hey, lets choose some post and just say the same things over and over again and see how bad we can piss ush off

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 11:12 PM
Julie
The Student

evil face that's cruel.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 11:14 PM
bigsef2

its be funny though. all these people going to the thread, being like, wow, look at these dumb-asses. they keep saying the same stuff.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 11:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Imperial March WAS in there. In a form. Anakin's theme IS the Imperial March, altered. The idea is taht as time goes by it will become more and more like the Imperial March. So we will listen keenly to the ep.ii version.

And the main theme from the end of the movie... that IS there, isn't it?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 11:25 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ok, I already told the imp march and anakins theme!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 11:27 PM
bigsef2

yes, as i said, all the themes from the OT are in TPM in a FORM, just not in their former glory. and the one at the end of the movie IS there at THE END of TPM, not in parts DURING the movie, as it was on the OT.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 11:28 PM
yerssot

a snippet as someone said from the imp march was in Anakins theme

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 11:32 PM
bigsef2

yes, as i said, all the themes from the OT are in TPM in a FORM, just not the whole things. this includes anakins theme having a bit of the imperial march

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 11:51 PM