KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Chosen One

The Chosen One
Started by: Blind Searunner

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blind Searunner

Laugh The Chosen One

I was reading a discussion about the mystery surrouding the anakin's father. Someone mentioned the Obi-wan must have a father as only the chosen one could possibly be born of immaculate conception. (allegedly).

Now I assume the general concencus on the chosen one, is that it is he(or she) who will bring balance to the force.

I also assume that balance was brought to the force when the emperor was killed.

So who is the chosen one?

It was luke who sensed that there was good in vader and turned him to the good side. But it was vader (or anakin) who actually tossed the emperor to his fate.

If it was luke then the immaculate conception/chosen one theory is blown out the window, as he had a father!

Any thoughts!

ps - anyone worked out the origin of my username

Old Post Feb 16th, 2002 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Blind Searunner a Private Message Find more posts by Blind Searunner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err... didn;t we already handle this in Welcome?

Ok, first of all, the conception is not immaculate, the MCs are eminently biological.

Secondly, Anakin IS the Chosen One. George Lucas has said so. No arguing possible.

Luke, as GL put it, allowed Anakin to reflect on his life and decide to kill the Emperor.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 16th, 2002 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Deja vu wink

Like Ush said: chosen one = anakin

Old Post Feb 16th, 2002 09:49 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

A certain rougish Jedi one said....."He is the chosen one, I can feel it"....in reference to Anakin Skywalker

Old Post Feb 16th, 2002 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and who was that Julie?
I can't remember that quote

(QGJ: "He IS the Chosen One, you must see this!"

Old Post Feb 16th, 2002 10:40 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Thats the correct one yerss.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2002 05:59 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I never doubted that one cool

Old Post Feb 17th, 2002 09:30 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As I just said in the Welcome area; his name is a pun on Luke Skywalker.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 17th, 2002 12:15 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

HUh???

So I can't quote right *sheepish grin*

Old Post Feb 17th, 2002 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

uhuh stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 18th, 2002 04:38 PM
Julie
The Student

Oh well, we all have our tragic flaws......

All the world's a stage...etc. etc...blah blah

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 10:47 PM
master harmax

Here we go again ! Been there, done that ! wink

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 05:44 PM
Click here to Send master harmax a Private Message Find more posts by master harmax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kane_Starkiller
this party's over!

blind searunner - I get it. yeah, very good - although it's not very cool is it?

Anyway, for a 2nd post! ..... blimey!!

Better keep this on topic. anakinisthechosengeorgesaidso

"Beware the Bogan, follow the Ashla!"
- The Jedi Bendu Script Page, The Journal of the Whills

Old Post Feb 21st, 2002 12:17 AM
Click here to Send Kane_Starkiller a Private Message Find more posts by Kane_Starkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

uh huh....thanks roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2002 08:49 PM
Kane_Starkiller
this party's over!

roll eyes (sarcastic) yourself

"Beware the Bogan, follow the Ashla!"
- The Jedi Bendu Script Page, The Journal of the Whills

Old Post Feb 24th, 2002 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Kane_Starkiller a Private Message Find more posts by Kane_Starkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 28th, 2002 10:16 PM
Blind Searunner

OK - From the several posts it is established that Anakin is the chosen one. (Please no more!)

What I am still confused about is if anakin was spawn by the MC's themselves, what or who are they!

And what did shimi skywalker mean when Qui Gon asked of anakin's father she replyed something like (please do not correct if slightly wrong) "there was no father, I cannot explain it"

Please go easy I'm only a junior member

Old Post Mar 16th, 2002 10:01 AM
Click here to Send Blind Searunner a Private Message Find more posts by Blind Searunner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There is no more info about what the MCs are than is given in The Phantom Menance; that they are a symbiotic life form that reside inside living cells that make a person's link to the Force possible (though they do NOT actually create the Force themselves as some people have thought).

So one assumes that Shmi mysteriously falls pregnant. Qui-Gon thinks she was in fact impregnated by these microscopic beings, in keeping with this Prophecy thing.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 16th, 2002 at 11:53 AM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2002 11:46 AM
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Blind Searunner
What I am still confused about is if anakin was spawn by the MC's themselves, what or who are they!

Midi-chlorians are a microcopic lifeform that reside within all living cells and communicates with the Force.
They are in your cells. We are symbionts with the midi-chlorians.
Life forms living together for mutual advantage. Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to you, telling you the will of the Force
_____

Why can't I correct you? :'(

Well, she ment what she said, no father...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2002 11:48 AM
Amidala

you will find out about the prophecy in Episode's II and III. You will also find out that palpatine knows about the prophecy and assumes it has come to reality when annakin turns to the dark side. however, he is mistaken about a great many things.

I think Mace Yoda and OBI1 may have a chat about it at some stage....smile

Old Post Mar 18th, 2002 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Amidala a Private Message Find more posts by Amidala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote