KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » "You're making fun of me..."

"You're making fun of me..."
Started by: Lyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

"You're making fun of me..."

Alright. Firstly, I didn't make this thread to entice poor comments towards the lines/chemistry in Clones. Please remember who you're dealing with...((HC lover, fan of NP & AP)) stick out tongue wink laughing

K. When Anakin & Padme are having their romantic picnic in the Meadow on Naboo they have a little discussion concerning politics etc.

Padme:"I don't know, sounds too much like a dictatorship to me."
Anakin:"Well, if it works."
...Pause...
Padme:"You're making fun of me.."

Is that like, Anakin's saying he would support a Dictatorship??
Sorry if this is a silly thread.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

no it not silly

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Palpatine's been working on him.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Of course he supports a dictatorship! He's Darth freakin' Vader! He supports puppy-kicking, baby-eating and putting the toilet paper roll on upside down!

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 05:41 AM
Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

no he doesn't

he says that politicians need to sit around a table and discuss things, not ignore or what ever, eachother.
and if they DO ignore eachother, than they should be made to by someone else, someone wise. my first idea was that he would want yoda or mace as that person ("he's as strong as master ... and as wise as master ..." forgot the order of the names)
it's not that he wants a dictatorship it's that he wants a better system where people talk instead of being stubborn

all imho

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 10:52 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

he feels frustrated with people's inability to accept what is best for them. a fault that he himself is guilty of. he always tries to excel beyond his abilities and create emotional attatchment wether it be to Ob-wan as a father, Palpatine as a teacher, or Padme as a lover. This statement and anakin's fall to the dark side are just examples of anakin's frustration at being unable to control the destiny of those he cares for, much less his own

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RobBo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by roundisfunny
Of course he supports putting the toilet paper roll on upside down!

..............Now that IS evil....................!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 12:02 AM
Click here to Send RobBo a Private Message Find more posts by RobBo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

what is so evil about that, that is just mean whistle

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 12:30 AM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Felix L

Anakin is showing early signs of his disdain for democracy. He is arrogant because of his abilities, and is already somewhat under Palpatine's spell at this point. He backs off a bit when he sees Padme's negative reaction to his comments, but obviously believes what he said. He naively believes that one person calling the shots is not a dictatorship, but whether that person is wise or not, Padme realizes that is exactly what it is.

I'll refrain from commenting on the cheesiness of their "romantic banter". big grin

The Old Republic would let you put the toilet paper upside down, but the Emperor would zap you with dark power lightning if you tried that.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Felix L a Private Message Find more posts by Felix L Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

quote:
Originally posted by LordRevan
no it not silly

Good. Thanks LR. happy

quote:
Originally posted by roundisfunny
Of course he supports a dictatorship! He's Darth freakin' Vader! He supports puppy-kicking, baby-eating and putting the toilet paper roll on upside down!

laughing

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
("he's as strong as master ... and as wise as master ..." forgot the order of the names)

MY turn to nitpick!! ..."He's as strong as Master Windu ...and as wise as Master Yoda.." I think...confusedstick out tonguewink

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Jello
This statement and anakin's fall to the dark side are just examples of anakin's frustration at being unable to control the destiny of those he cares for, much less his own...

I understand what you mean by that, I thought it might have something to do with control in some form. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Felix L
He naively believes that one person calling the shots is not a dictatorship, but whether that person is wise or not, Padme realizes that is exactly what it is. I'll refrain from commenting on the cheesiness of their "romantic banter".

That's what I took from it too, Padme knows it's not right, he thinks it's the best thing that could happen to the Republic.
And Thanks...laughing

Thanks for replying people!! Happy Dance happy thumb up

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:09 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

really lyn? I thought it was the other way around stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 11:01 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

laughing Was it...

There I go again...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 11:12 PM
Darth Revan
-

Re: "You're making fun of me..."

quote:
Originally posted by Lyn
Alright. Firstly, I didn't make this thread to entice poor comments towards the lines/chemistry in Clones. Please remember who you're dealing with...((HC lover, fan of NP & AP)) stick out tongue wink laughing

K. When Anakin & Padme are having their romantic picnic in the Meadow on Naboo they have a little discussion concerning politics etc.

Padme:"I don't know, sounds too much like a dictatorship to me."
Anakin:"Well, if it works."
...Pause...
Padme:"You're making fun of me.."

Is that like, Anakin's saying he would support a Dictatorship??
Sorry if this is a silly thread.

Well yeah he ended up working in one, remember wink

Seriously though not all dictatorships are bad, they can be beneficial if done right...

Disclaimer: Darth Revan's comments do not necessarily reflect the views of KMC forums or its affiliates. © killermovies.com 2004. All rights reserved.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote