KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Comments?

Comments?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

Comments?

I was lookin at the Episode III reviews on amazon.com and some guy named Ryan Lockwood had this to say:

"George Lucas clearly did not make the original Trilogy because the most recent incarnations of Star Wars are not only the worst in the series, they are the worst movies ever made.

If you don't agree with what I'm saying, ask yourself this question: "If this movie wasn't based in the Star Wars universe, would I still think it's so great?" Clearly the answer is no. These movies are terrible and George Lucas should be dragged into the street and shot."

Well If I tried to imagine watching Star Wars for the first time by watching episode 1 first, would I still like it? Well yeah I think so. It still has more imagination than Dude Wheres My Car, and could be argued to be better than The Matrix Trilogy. Why would I, and probably many more would still like it.

2 Words: Light Saber

That weapon, and the duels alone will make you interested in watching the whole saga. Also no other sci-fi movie will ever use a laser sword, and if they did, they are only doing a comedic parody. Believe it or not Star Wars has never been a great emotional expierences from great actors, instead they have basically always been great eye candy, and entertainment with an amazing story and great characters in a fantastic world. And episode I has all of that, if you think about it.

I have always been interested in finding out how future generations will look at these films. Mainly because they will have a different outlook, and I think their opinions will be more honest, and not so much biased like Ryan Lockwood's.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 04:00 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Duffy

he should be shot

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 04:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Duffy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Duffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Who?

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 04:14 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

whats wrong with this moron?

he says the PT are the worst movies ever made, then compliments episode 1.

why even post this nonsense?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 04:22 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Cain
Neophyte Sith Lord

Some people thrive on negativity. They crave it.....

There some things here and there that could have been better with these movies, but the main story is interesting.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 05:37 PM
Click here to Send Darth Cain a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Cain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
waynerobsonuk
Death Star Programmer

looks like the reviewers are getting walmed up already to trash ep3 when it comes out no matter how good it is sad
I just hope they give it a chance and not load every review with mentioning how 'awful' the other prequels were (but why dont I think that is going to happen???)

Wayne..

www.DashDotSlash.net

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:26 PM
Click here to Send waynerobsonuk a Private Message Find more posts by waynerobsonuk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He says it's the best eye candy ever, but the worst movies.... Hmmm, sounds arguable. evil face

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:29 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

its just a silly review, pointless to even ponder it.
if it brought up any points, i would say different, regardless of their opinion.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:29 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Cain
Neophyte Sith Lord

The thing to remember is that none of the Star Wars have ever gotten great reviews that I can recall.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Cain a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Cain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

How... neutral of you. big grin

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:32 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, im willing to lend an ear to a well thought out arguement.

this is just mindless rambling though.

i feel like i've lost some braincells just from reading it.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:36 PM
zutalurs

Hey folks. Read what's being "QUOTED" and what's the original poster's own words. Adobe QUOTED (it's a little thing that happens when you use these signals,", to indicate something someone else has said or written) the bad review and then went on to defend Episode 1 with his/her own comments about the laser swords and the eye candy.

Learn to read and maybe we won't have so many trolls fighting all over the place.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:43 PM
Click here to Send zutalurs a Private Message Find more posts by zutalurs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

A review with no meaning! how could you take it out of its setting?? hmm how errrr interesting, it seems to be the fashion for reviewers to slate star wars, this ryan guy should have at least thought about what he was going to write and maybe use constructive criticism? smokin'

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:49 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

he was jst posting his opinion because he probibley not even a starwars fan hell if I met him I probibley punch in the face because if george lucas had'nt made ILM we would'nt have most of movies we have today so he really should rethink who he is talking about.

Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

A review with no meaning! how could you take it out of its setting?? hmm how errrr interesting, it seems to be the fashion for reviewers to slate star wars, this ryan guy should have at least thought about what he was going to write and maybe use constructive criticism? smokin'

F**k you Loggins

PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by zutalurs
Hey folks. Read what's being "QUOTED" and what's the original poster's own words. Adobe QUOTED (it's a little thing that happens when you use these signals,", to indicate something someone else has said or written) the bad review and then went on to defend Episode 1 with his/her own comments about the laser swords and the eye candy.

Learn to read and maybe we won't have so many trolls fighting all over the place.

whatever ther case, there are no trolls on this thread.
nobody is bashing adobe. no need for anyone to be put in their place here.

i misunderstood, is that a criminal act?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:53 PM
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Negative on the troll front, wasnt havin a go at adobe just the reviewer

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 06:57 PM
zutalurs

quote:
Originally posted by PVS
whats wrong with this moron?

he says the PT are the worst movies ever made, then compliments episode 1.

why even post this nonsense?

Calling him a moron for YOUR mistake? Sounds like bashing to me.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 07:08 PM
Click here to Send zutalurs a Private Message Find more posts by zutalurs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i was referring to the reviewer, seems like you should follow
your own advice.

and furthermore, a patronising tone like the one you take, instructing me on what quotation marks are, are insulting.

so is telling someone to learn to read.

just a pointer

Last edited by PVS on Aug 20th, 2004 at 07:12 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 07:10 PM
zutalurs

quote:
i was referring to the reviewer, seems like you should follow
your own advice.

If you actually read the review that was posted, you would see that the original reviewer, i.e. Ryan, never complimented Episode 1, but only bashed it and said it was thought great due to it's association with the SW franchise.
Therefore, you back-tracking now is obviously a lie.
Admit you made a mistake and stop being so defensive. How hard is it to apologize to someone and admit you were wrong?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 07:16 PM