KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » ITS CONFIRMED!!! vader IS "Robocop!"

ITS CONFIRMED!!! vader IS "Robocop!"
Started by: bigsef3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bigsef3

ITS CONFIRMED!!! vader IS "Robocop!"

In a recent thread, I expressed my beleif that anakin skywalker DIES in EPIII. I beleive Palpatine "resurrects" him as darth vader. The crux behind that theory lies in the fact that i have never been satisfied with any explainations as to why GL introduced midichlorians in EPI. It just didnt make sense to me, UNLESS GL was trying to get accross the idea that a high midichlorian count=a powerful jedi. Since midchlorians are seperate beings than an actual person, it stands to beleive that they could remain alive for some time, after the "host" dies.

What am I getting to, and why do I feel my theory is now confirmed? Check out what i just saw on theforce.net, where the changes to the OT DVD's are discussed.

Empire Strikes Back:
- 50'56" to 52'05" : Emperor's hologram has been reshot with Ian Mc Dairmid. A new dialog has been recorded and Palpatine informs Vader about Luke's real identity!

Why would anakin SKYWALKER need the emperor to tell him that luke SKYWALKER, someone from his home planet, was his son?

The answer is simple, Vader doesnt REMEMBER that he is anakin. why not? because he died, and was resurrected.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 01:54 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Duffy

but what about in ROTJ when luke is talking to vader about his old identity and says something like
"i know you were once anakin skywalker"

to which vader replies

"that name no longer means anything to me"

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Duffy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Duffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i respect your theory, but it is still not fact.
calling the thread "confirmed" is way premature.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:08 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

also contemplate this:

beginning of ESB, vader says "thats it. the rebels are there, and i am sure young SKYWALKER is with them.

later, palpatine says "i am sure that the rebel who destroyed the deathstar is the offspring of ANAKIN SKYWALKER" a name vader recognises as his own.

so, vader knows he is a skywalker, and he knows that luke is a skywalker...do the math.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:10 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

err nope....you forget GL has said repeatedly that SW is the story of Anakin...hardly true if he dies and becomes "Robo cop" not to mention what happens when Luke removes the mask at the end of ROTJ. How do you explain that? That he turns back into a human after he's been a machine? Just doesnt wash for me.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 02:26 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

do you know anything about robocop? anakins BODY is under the vader suit. his "soul" if you want to call it that, is still there, but b/c he is "more machine now than man," anakin skywalker is buried deep within. as far as the quotes from ESB, the dialog was CHANGED. everything seems to fit that befor ESB, vader does not know (or remmeber) that HE is anakin.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 03:03 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Yes I DO know Robocop......and I realise that it's been said that he is more machine than man, but I prefer to think of it that the dark side has it's grip fully upon him and THATS what makes him forget his true self. I still am not buying your theory interesting as it may be.....of course Im willing to meet you back here next May and see who turns out to be right.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 03:06 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

When Luke says that Skywalker is the name of Vader's true self and that he's only "forgotten" it, he wasn't being literal.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

inconclusive, nonbias, nonopinionated, solid proof is in my last post.
take it or leave it, but the script is the script.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 03:33 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by PVS
inconclusive, nonbias, nonopinionated, solid proof is in my last post.
take it or leave it, but the script is the script.

psst!...I think everyone is agreeing with you.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, it was not aimed at anyone captain.

im just saying that there is no point giving this thread any
more life than it deserves.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 04:07 PM
Dropkick

Why would the midichlorian-driven, dark side powered corpse of Darth Vader turn on the Emperor at the end of RotJ and save Luke? Why would Vader want to have his mask removed to gaze upon Luke with his own eyes? Why would Vader say he has been saved by Luke? Was Anakin suddenly reborn in the "robocop" body right before the body died? After 20+ years did his amnesia finally clear up with a shot of lightning to the head?

It's a cool theory, I'll admit, but the end of RotJ doesn't jive with it.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 04:10 PM
Click here to Send Dropkick a Private Message Find more posts by Dropkick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This is 'confirmed' in an interesting sense of the word meaning 'not even vaguely confirmed at all'. Please don't call a theory of yours confirmation in the thread title as that only serves to confuse. Confirmed is if Lucasfilm says it is so.

PVS is correct; if Vader did not know he was Anakin he wouldn't have recognised that Luke is his son.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 04:15 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

yeah, all anakin did was take on a new persona. kinda of like how batman talks about bruce wayne (himself) like they are two different people.

"I don't give them hell, I just tell them the truth and they think it's hell."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 04:20 PM
Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
avex911

私は英文が見て分からないで、誰が私に柔し訳すように
手伝うことができる?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 04:24 PM
Click here to Send avex911 a Private Message Find more posts by avex911 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

did you not even read the post, ush? PALPATINE tells Vader/Anakin that Luke is his son! why would Palpatine tell Vader something he didnt know?

According to the quote from theforce.net, vader doesnt know luke is his son until Palpatine tells him

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 05:25 PM
zutalurs

quote:
Originally posted by bigsef3
did you not even read the post, ush? PALPATINE tells Vader/Anakin that Luke is his son! why would Palpatine tell Vader something he didnt know?

According to the quote from theforce.net, vader doesnt know luke is his son until Palpatine tells him

Because he thinks Padme died before giving birth. Therefore, he thinks he has no kids and it must just be a coincidence that Luke has the same last name. Or he might think "I'm related to this twerp. I wonder how." And Palps is letting him know, "you had a kid survive your force tantrum with Padme."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 05:29 PM
Click here to Send zutalurs a Private Message Find more posts by zutalurs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

he read your post, i read your post, everyone here read your post. it's proven wrong in the script.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 05:40 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
did you not even read the post, ush?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 05:41 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

as for me, my only gripe with Ush is that he forgot to close this thread laughing

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 05:42 PM