KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Spy Report: Grievous' injuries ties in Vader's suit

Spy Report: Grievous' injuries ties in Vader's suit
Started by: MF D00m

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Spy Report: Grievous' injuries ties in Vader's suit

This was on MF.com

quote:
The Tie that Binds

By now, most hardcore Star Wars fans know about the droid general Grievious. He is one bad motha trucka, mowing down Jedi in the cartoons, smashing up Obi-Wan in the opening battle, but who is General Grievous? Well, he's not Darth Maul... he's not Sifo-Dias... he's General Grievous!

Yes, unfortuantely his background prior to being machine-bound is not revealed to us, but he is essential to the plot. Although he dies fairly early in the film, Grievous has an impact that reaches far into even the Original Movies: Darth Vader!

Now, I know that it has been confirmed that Grevious is not meant to look like Vader. I heard George himself say this. however, the technology behind the cyborg does tie it all in... sort of.

You see, during the course of the film, Grievous is badly damaged by none other than Ewan MacGregor! After this, Grievous flees to the neutral, medical planet Utapau. Obi-wan follows him there and eventually kills him, but not after it is set up that this is indeed where he was 'born'. (Basically, he was saved by a radical procedure perfected there in which a barely living or sometimes recently dead being is revived when need be and melded with the mechanical to remain alive.)

Anyway, after getting directions to the place where Grievous is repairing himself from a member of Utapau's upper caste, Obi-wan follows him there where a fairly anti-climactic fight takes place and Obi-Wan shoots him.

Later on in the movie, this is where the Anakin Skywalker we know and love/hate becomes Darth Vader, in a room/cave very similar to where we see the general earlier on. This also establishes Darth Vader's dependence on his suit. It is established that it is a radical, life saving, procedure for those who would have otherwise died. not a way I'd want to live, but hey...

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 08:40 PM
Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

sounds interesting.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 08:49 PM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

Hey thats good stuff! Doom! seems like i read some thing along those lines in one of the insider issues. When I get home I will try and find it. I think it will back up your post nicely.

And Thanx for the insitefull post! seems like all of the recent posts have been a littl flat in that aspect.

I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 08:49 PM
Click here to Send jedijunky1138 a Private Message Find more posts by jedijunky1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

That's awesome. Thanks.

I like George.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
waynerobsonuk
Death Star Programmer

Top bit of info, if it's correct I take my hat off to you (if I had one)

Wayne...

www.DashDotSlash.net

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 10:22 PM
Click here to Send waynerobsonuk a Private Message Find more posts by waynerobsonuk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin2Vader

interesting....

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Anakin2Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin2Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

er...a bit of spoilers there messed

I'm a signature!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

quote:

he dies fairly early in the film

WTF, this sucks so so much...... sad

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 11:35 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthcraka
Dark Side Force Initiate

as long as i get to see some major fighting before he dies ill be saticfied

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 11:54 PM
Click here to Send darthcraka a Private Message Find more posts by darthcraka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

I am still looking for the insider issue that mentions this. I know its there but it is being a little allusive.

I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 12:53 AM
Click here to Send jedijunky1138 a Private Message Find more posts by jedijunky1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderdrew8

Nice info. Keep up the good work.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 01:56 AM
Click here to Send Spiderdrew8 a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderdrew8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Boring, but thanks anyway.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 02:02 AM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

I think its kind of interesting, actually, because I've suspected Grievous is in the movie to have some type of connection to Vader and his reconstructed body.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 08:19 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galaxy Ghost
quick and easy death

this sounds awesome!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Galaxy Ghost a Private Message Find more posts by Galaxy Ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whitewookie
Resident Histrionic

well i wonder why they decided to put vader's suit as black rather then the retro millenium silver of our pal Grievous! Bloody Utapu, have no respect for continuity!!

They cud of at least branded a copyright symbol into the base of his foot or something no expression

But anywho, intruiging news!!

Can anyone help me find MP3s of Samurai Sword sounds? Sheathing, slashes etc for fan film! PM ME! ty!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 03:37 PM
Click here to Send whitewookie a Private Message Find more posts by whitewookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote