KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Huge ROTS update from Pablo Jan 29th

Huge ROTS update from Pablo Jan 29th
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

Warning Huge ROTS update from Pablo Dec 5th

** The next Episode III trailer will probably be March time.

** This is the same time as the release poster.

** R2D2 is holding a Jedi comlink in his "hand" in the teaser trailer.

** The Wookiees will not be subtitled in ROTS. As in the OT what they say will be conveyed by the reactions of the characters around them.

** Unlike Obi-Wan, Anakin will not start ROTS as part of the Council.

** The photo of General Grievous on the recent databank update is a completed shot from the film, it is one of several final shots -- the web resolution does not do it justice, though.

** Whilst the General's 'look' has been sorted for some time now, his voice has still yet to be determined.

** Tion Medon's voice in the current cut is provided by Bruce Spence, speaking basic.

** Anakin's evil sith eyes in the teaser trailer are NOT just a special shot for the trailer. The shot IS from the film.

** There were no shots which were created specifically for the trailer, although some shots were completed to a certain degree just for the trailer. ie some shots will probably look different in the final film.

** There is a shot in the trailer of Alec Guiness that has never been seen before. It was not used in Episode IV. The close-up of Obi-Wan saying "... the Jedi Knights were the guardians of ..." was taken from the film archives. It is the daily of Sir Alec saying that dialogue in his closeup.

** Pablo wanted to commend anyone who spotted it as he has not had anyone mention it to him.

** There were at least two shots of the twins played by a crewmember's newborn baby, doubling as both Luke and Leia.

** The reason why Darth Vader is not listed in the Episode III "by appearance" databank is because the databank is being added to bit by bit over the next few months.

** There were at least two dozen teaser poster concepts. The one that was chosen was felt to have the broadest appeal.

** The industrial "hidden headquarters" of Darth Sidious that is seen at the very end of Attack of the Clones does NOT feature in Episode III.

** The Clone Wars timeline will be updated in the Expanded Universe section of the site before the new cartoon episodes in March.

** The two Red Guards on the floor in the scene in which Yoda ignites his saber in the Trailer are NOT dead.

** If there's a "Musical Trailer" for this episode (and it has not been decided yet if there will be one), it would probably be ready around April 2nd. It is up to Sony whether there will be one.

** General Grevious' personal starfighter is NOT called The Invisible Hand. That's the name of his capital flag ship. His starfighter will likely not have a name.

** George Lucas collects SW comics art.

** A web doc about the trailers and the marketing dept is very unlikely.

** YODA DOES NOT FART IN ROTS!!!! There is no place in the film's cut where it could possibly be true. Pablo says it makes you ponder about why someone would propogate such an antagonizing a rumor. He says it sounds like someone is messing with us.

** The seperatist leaders are aware that Dooku's master is Darth Sidious. Dooku lied to Obi-Wan in AOTC.

** The Invisible hand does not have a cloaking device.

** Lucas did not use documentaries and other established films to set the pace and tone of the Opening Space Battle. Animatics replace the need for this nowadays.

** The animation process been running VERY smoothly. They've completed more animation for this movie so far than there is in the entirety of Episode II, and there are eight or so minutes of completed animation cut from the film -- more animation than made it into Jurassic Park.

** Anakin does have a disturbing future vision in ROTS similar to Luke's cave test in TESB. But it is NOT of himself.

** The webstrips will continue.

** There's no shot in the current edit that shows the full ring of 12 chairs in the Jedi council. So we'll have to wait to see exactly who's in and out.

** The Kashyyyk tree miniature that's been on the webcam is completely artificial. And it's actually huge too. Expect an article on it soon.

** There are unlikely to be anymore casting announcements. Everyone who has signed a deal memo that warrants such an announcement has been listed. However Pablo says that he will throw a bone for the panicky types that need placating:

Not everyone will necessarily be announced or credited for their role in Episode III.

** Rick McCallum will do one more webchat before film's release, schedule permitting.

** No news about Indiana Jone 4.

** Still no name for the Queen of Naboo in EP3.

** Rhen Var is not in Episode III.

** We can expect to hear more about and see images from the 3rd season of the Clone Wars cartoon VERY soon.

** George Lucas is NOT "contractually obligated" to make the movie PG, due to marketing agreements. There's no truth to that.

Last edited by ~JP~ on Dec 6th, 2004 at 02:59 PM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 02:54 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Some seriously cool stuff there mainly the part about Anakins eyes NOT being a special shot for the trailer! Very cool.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 02:55 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

i know this is a terrible question but, ive heard alot about pablo and everything he says is usually accurate yet, whats his connection to lucas and the production company? ive heard rumors from him dating back to 2002 about this movie so whats his deal. i know its probably common knowledge but i would like to know.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 03:21 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

No sincere questions are terrible.

corn

The Moto Dork

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 03:30 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

taken from the OS

Pablo Hidalgo

occupation/company: Lucasfilm, Content Developer
biography: Writer & Internet Content Manager for Lucas Online, including starwars.com & indianajones.com. Writer for Star Wars Insider.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 03:30 PM
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

awesome, well at least i know. i REALLY hope that they have a musical trailer, i remember back in the day when i first heard the love theme for ep. 2. i was awestruck. i hope sony isnt going to be a bunch of dicks about it and not do it. it would be alot better trailer if it was scored because it wouldnt be as scetchy music-wise and they could make the trailer the way they wanted it to be and set the right mood/tone for it.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 03:34 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unknown hero
The Director

A Good read! Nice one Priestess...made my lunch hour a bit more interesting.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 03:42 PM
Click here to Send unknown hero a Private Message Find more posts by unknown hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

JP was it you who had the idea that the red eyes scene is from a dream that ani has abnout his future or something?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 03:45 PM
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

yea but it said that his "vision" was NOT of himself...which means that his eye shot was from a part of the regular film, not a dream or anything...he actually has the eyes.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Intresting.....

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

yeah I had that idea but apparently I was wrong. Damn thats twice in one month someone alert the media. messed laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:37 PM
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cool

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:40 PM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

I was way off the money on the Sith eyes thing....
The red guards NOT dead? This one is intriguing....
No Yoda Farts!!! Hooray!!!
& still no voice for Grevious......wtf?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:42 PM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mortanius
Just begin again

Finally something interesting to read in this forum!

Click here to Send Mortanius a Private Message Find more posts by Mortanius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Interesting.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eXSBass
Kill the nOObs!

Not bad. Not bad at all I might add.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:45 PM
Click here to Send eXSBass a Private Message Find more posts by eXSBass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

So is Vader going to have yellow eyes in the next version of ROTJ then?

EDIT: Aah, wrong thread. I could have sworn I pressed teh Sith eyes discussion thread. sorry.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
5knuckleShuffle
Restricted

Account Restricted

sounds good thanks jp

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:57 PM
Click here to Send 5knuckleShuffle a Private Message Find more posts by 5knuckleShuffle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

quote:
Originally posted by Morridini
So is Vader going to have yellow eyes in the next version of ROTJ then?

EDIT: Aah, wrong thread. I could have sworn I pressed teh Sith eyes discussion thread. sorry.

That's ok, it works in this thread, too.

corn

The Moto Dork

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 05:38 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote