KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » star wars novels

star wars novels
Started by: jimmy986

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jimmy986

star wars novels

i am new to star wars back story and Eu so iwas wondering if the novels the star wars movies are based off of that i keep reading about are novels in the traditional sense or if they are just like scripts/notes/ideas. if they are put into actual novel form i assume the movies are different or the anticipation wouldnt be much at all. so why did he decide to make movies? why did he change the story going into the movies? why werent the novels very popular? I am also wondering why the movies are based off of the books if the early movies for the scripts were (presumably written after the books) were so different i.e Luke Starkiller and he was a jedi knight from the very beginning? also where can i find these books?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 03:51 AM
Click here to Send jimmy986 a Private Message Find more posts by jimmy986 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

i think this question belongs in another forum. Im sure your question will be answered in the EU sectionsmile

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 03:56 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimmy986

i dont really think it counts as EU since i am referring directly to the movies and GLs early works on them. It has nothing to do with any EU storyline. I just want to know about the books GL supposedly wrote and based the books on.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 10:32 PM
Click here to Send jimmy986 a Private Message Find more posts by jimmy986 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

All novels are indeed considered EU for KMC forums purposes. smile

This site has alot of the books listed in chronological order.

http://books.echostation.com/

Last edited by ~JP~ on Feb 23rd, 2005 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 10:56 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimmy986

i am talking about the novels written by GL himself. i am not talking about any novels written by any other authors. i am talking about the very novels that i have heard are written by GL and that is what the movies are based on. i dont see how they would be considered EU. that would be like considering early scripts EU. They are really not EU they are just early versions of the star wars universe.i hope you now know what i am talking about.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 01:24 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

I have always know what you are talking about. What we are trying to explain is that this is the Episode 3 section. ALL BOOKS are in the EU section.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 01:51 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I have always know what you are talking about. What we are trying to explain is that this is the Episode 3 section. ALL BOOKS are in the EU section.

Yup. Its as the Priestess says......

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 02:02 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

thumb up

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 02:06 AM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimmy986

i just thought that if GL wrote a book that Ep 3 is based on it would have some merit in the Ep 3 forum.that makes sense to me but i will ask in the Eu section

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 02:36 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

And Lucas didnt write the ROTS novel, Matt Stover did.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 02:44 AM
jimmy986

well i was also wondering about the other novels. i always thought the novels were based on the movies not the other way around.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 01:21 AM