KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The new generation vs. the old generation.

The new generation vs. the old generation.
Started by: TheForceSupreme

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheForceSupreme
The Force

The new generation vs. the old generation.

No idea if this is the right forum to post it in...if not please move it.

Come the end of 2005 all the episodes will be on DVD and that's where it starts. We the old generation have grown up with the OT and now near the end of the PT...so we have never known about the things that happened before A new Hope.

So just how will the new generation of star wars fans see star wars? I mean they will not experience it the way we did. Imagine for a sec that we all started first ep 1 and so on...would we see star wars the same way we do now?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 05:19 PM
Click here to Send TheForceSupreme a Private Message Find more posts by TheForceSupreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Dang thats a hard question. Times were so different in 1977. Going to have to meditate on this I will..............good Q Force. smile

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 05:23 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Well i personally feel sorry for the new Star Wars heads. But i also beleive it is up to us, the ol skool, to present it in the way it was meant (if we have the means of course). If you look at the OT vs the PT, theyre completely different types of movies. If i was introduced to SW via Ep1, i prolly wouldnt like it. I just would have watched because of NP sexy ass. But yea i think they see itin a completely different way.

I myself, have shown my 4 year old the OT before i let him see the PT, and he can tell the difference between them even at his young age. I mean he laughs at Jar Jars dumb ass, but then again thats why he was put in there. And thank you for a good thread finally. Most of these other ones stink of shit.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Well if I had seen Ep. I first I most probably wouldn't be a star wars fan.
Well actually like Subjekt said maybe for NP shifty

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

maybe a little out of topic...But if they made the classics now...the story would be a lot different....maybe even better!!! It would be an interesting topic, but I don't know where to place it...even ep III would be different.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I dont see how they could improve on the classics myself.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 06:24 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

I'm telling you, the story would be better/different if it was made in the right order...I don't say that it would improve so much, cause yeah the cast would be different and myeah you are never gonna find such a good cast anymore like harrison, mark and carrie

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yo_yoda
A Jedi Gone Retarded

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Well i personally feel sorry for the new Star Wars heads. But i also beleive it is up to us, the ol skool, to present it in the way it was meant (if we have the means of course). If you look at the OT vs the PT, theyre completely different types of movies. If i was introduced to SW via Ep1, i prolly wouldnt like it. I just would have watched because of NP sexy ass. But yea i think they see itin a completely different way.

I myself, have shown my 4 year old the OT before i let him see the PT, and he can tell the difference between them even at his young age. I mean he laughs at Jar Jars dumb ass, but then again thats why he was put in there. And thank you for a good thread finally. Most of these other ones stink of shit.

i agree... i did the same. i let my girlfriend see the OT first then the PT.
she never seen a starwars moive until we met. she wanted to expeirence epIII with me, so i let her watch the movies in the order i grew up watching.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 06:32 PM
Click here to Send yo_yoda a Private Message Find more posts by yo_yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Dang thats a hard question. Times were so different in 1977. Going to have to meditate on this I will..............good Q Force. smile

Yeah I think I remember me bringing this Question up in the temple, and you and few others promptly replied "who cares?"

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 06:33 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
But i also beleive it is up to us, the ol skool, to present it in the way it was meant

That's exactly what I mean! I'm a deep core star wars fan and love it! But the thing is...it's not made as it meant to be despite the fact how good it is! First of all...the Death Star wouldn't be blown up in ep IV. It would stay a remaining threat until the end of ep VI! The reason why it was blown up is because they didn't know star wars would become such a succes!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 06:47 PM
jimmy986

i think both ways provide a different experience. watching it from ep 1 through ep 6 you dont know that the republic is going to fall and that anakin turns to the dark side along with palpatine being evil. On the other hand watching it from ep 3-6 and then ep1-3 you know palpatine and anakin are going to turn but you dont know that anakin is luke and leias father. each way holds a different surprise but i think that the surprise of anakin being the father and leia being lukes sister is by far the most surpriseing part.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 06:48 PM
Click here to Send jimmy986 a Private Message Find more posts by jimmy986 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wallalupp
pppao riggadingding

TPM was the first SW movie I saw and I'm a hardcore fan now

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 07:32 PM
Click here to Send wallalupp a Private Message Find more posts by wallalupp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

impossible to tell.
only someone who has seen it for the first time in 123456 order can give you that perspective.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 07:34 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Which is the way my better-half will see it, by her decision....

"I am your father" will not have that same nerve shattering impact that
I was blessed with being a 456123 guy...
Nor will she have had the same hindsight I did (Knowing who Palps was from the outset, and knowing the ominous rumblings of the future when the clone army in ep2 was discovered... etc....)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 08:24 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

If I ever have kids I will have them watch the OT first and get really into it, then I will introduce them to the PT.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 08:34 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

I saw TPM, then I saw the OT, and then I watched AOTC in cinemas, now I'm going to watch ROTS. I saw TPM when I was about 8 years old, I was easily impressed. My brother who is a lot older, said that it was bad compared to the others and told me to watch the OT. I liked TPM, but it was only after I saw the OT that I realised how good SW was.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 10:44 PM
Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Sure you're supposed to see them 1-6, but watching them the way they were released is so much better. I appreciate the newer episodes because I was always curious how Anakin became Vader, how Palpatine took over, how bad ass Yoda and Obi-Wan were, etc.

That and I'm a Tarantino fan so I love things to be out of order.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 10:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheForceSupreme
The Force

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

"I am your father"

Exactly my point.

New generation Star wars fan's reaction to the quote.

Duhhhh... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I feel sorry for all those who watch the PT first.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:05 PM
Click here to Send TheForceSupreme a Private Message Find more posts by TheForceSupreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

guess what
this question has been asked before

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:08 PM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bill9d9
Tired of Choads

My kids will see them in the order I saw them as well. 4,5,6,1,2,3

Too bad it will not be in theatre like I did.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 11:14 PM
Click here to Send bill9d9 a Private Message Find more posts by bill9d9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote