KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Siding with the Sith

Siding with the Sith
Started by: palpy_666

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Angry Siding with the Sith

It is my honest opinion, when Episode III comes out, a lot of us will begin to question the Jedi and their supposed monopoly on what is "right" and "wrong". I believe as we see Palpatine explain the Sith and their goals to Anakin that we will slightly begin to gain sympathy for old Palps and the Sith Order.

I believe Palpatine has a genuine case against the Jedi from what I've read in the graphic novel. Believe it or not, I've always found the Dark Side misunderstood and I've always sided with it.

What do you all think?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 04:20 PM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I side with the Imperials and the Sith too. stick out tongue

My nickname is Imperial Boy.

From reading the novel, Palpatine had many great points. The only real reason he is a bad guy is because of the way he manipulates people and does them harm.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 04:22 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yes indeed! That, and he wants to take over the galaxy and wipe out a whole Order of Jedi. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 04:28 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

you changed your name Lance!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 04:30 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
you changed your name Lance!

I have no idea what you're talking about. whistle

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 04:31 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Originally posted by Captain REX
Yes indeed! That, and he wants to take over the galaxy and wipe out a whole Order of Jedi. stick out tongue

True, BUT you must look at things from the Sith's perspective. To them, the Jedi Order is evil. I believe Palpatine genuinley wants to bring peace and justice to the galaxy in his own way, by forming it into a Monarchy. In a way, this is a good idea seeing that many democracies in our world have done us no justice at all. Anyways, in order for Palpatine to peacefully rule without any attempts at his life or threats of the destruction of his Empire, the Jedi MUST be eliminated. The Jedi would never understand the Sith's point of view. To them, the Sith are the enemy and their prime goal is to eliminate the Sith. That is why I believe Order 66 is vastly justified.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 04:32 PM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prod
Portman lover

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
I have no idea what you're talking about. whistle
laughing out loud

U really did change your name??? laughing

http://rapidshare.de/files/2178551/e3-sample.avi.html

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 05:01 PM
Click here to Send Prod a Private Message Find more posts by Prod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Good point there, Palpy...of all the people to stand up for... stick out tongue

But yes, that makes good sense. Though, the term isn't Monarchy, it's Dictatorship.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 05:10 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Originally posted by Captain REX
Good point there, Palpy...of all the people to stand up for... stick out tongue

But yes, that makes good sense. Though, the term isn't Monarchy, it's Dictatorship.

Hmm... Well, in a way, a Monarchy is a dictatorship. Palpatine having Royal Guards, Imperial this and Imperial that, Empire and Emperor, these are terms associated with Monarchism.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 05:19 PM
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

What the hell? Do we call you Lance? Do we call you Ken?

How about, "Your Modship?"

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 06:22 PM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I personally think the Jedi Council was pretty arrogant in their dealings.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 07:15 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

I can't believe what I am reading here, this is lunacy. I'm not sure if any of you remember a little group of people called the Nazi's? They too wanted to bring "Peace and Order" to the world "in their own way." Unfortunetely, that required that everyone alive that opposes them MUST DIE !!! I see no peace and justice at all when the only way to gain it is to KILL EVERYONE opposed to your views.

The empire, led by Palpy and Vader, are out to kill everyone and everything that does not share their beleifs. The death star is designed for the sole purpose of mass destruction and death of all who oppose them. Anyone who says the Empire is justified in any way in what they are doing are either incredibly evil Mofo's, or have not learned a damn thing by our own "real world" tragedies associated with Groups of people thirsty for Power.

The Sith and everything they stand for are pure evil, no two ways about it. They don't debate, they don't reason, they don't negotiate, THEY KILL on a mass scale. They eliminate entire worlds with a click of a button.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Originally posted by Vanquish
I can't believe what I am reading here, this is lunacy. I'm not sure if any of you remember a little group of people called the Nazi's? They too wanted to bring "Peace and Order" to the world "in their own way." Unfortunetely, that required that everyone alive that opposes them MUST DIE !!! I see no peace and justice at all when the only way to gain it is to KILL EVERYONE opposed to your views.

The empire, led by Palpy and Vader, are out to kill everyone and everything that does not share their beleifs. The death star is designed for the sole purpose of mass destruction and death of all who oppose them. Anyone who says the Empire is justified in any way in what they are doing are either incredibly evil Mofo's, or have not learned a damn thing by our own "real world" tragedies associated with Groups of people thirsty for Power.

The Sith and everything they stand for are pure evil, no two ways about it. They don't debate, they don't reason, they don't negotiate, THEY KILL on a mass scale. They eliminate entire worlds with a click of a button.

I guess you can call me an incredibly evil mofo. lol.

But, this argument raises a good point. You state that Palpy and Vader are out to kill those who disagree with their viewpoint... Hmm.. Well, doesn't the Republic want the same thing? Think about it. The Seperatist's have their own perspective on things, but it is not what the Republic wants, and so the Republic goes after them.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 07:30 PM
Vanquish

No, at no time have the Jedi ever violently intervened in anything, even if it opposes their views. They are the keepers of the peace, and they mean it. They dispatch Jedi to resolve conflicts peacefully. Only if it is absolutely necessary do they actually draw lightsabers. It is impossible to draw any paralells at all between the Sith and the Jedi. They are polar opposites in almost every way.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 07:37 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Originally posted by palpy_666
Hmm.. Well, doesn't the Republic want the same thing? Think about it. The Seperatist's have their own perspective on things, but it is not what the Republic wants, and so the Republic goes after them.

Yup...actually you can insert any real nation/ideology in either the Republic or Seperatist spot and you have a glimpse at the world's political state right now...

Remember there are heroes (and naturally corruption) on both sides.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 07:37 PM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stefan Kojic
The most powerfull Jedi

The difference is that the Sith do not care if they need to destroy countless systems until they destroy the rebels( I'm talking about Episode IV, V, VI), and the Jedi try to end the conflict with less casualties.

Made it myself

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Stefan Kojic a Private Message Find more posts by Stefan Kojic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

The Jedi's have NO natural corruption at all on their side. The only Jedi's that have ever commited evil acts are fallen jedi, or dark Jedi. They fall from the Jedi order, and are then capable of comitting the evils that a pure jedi could not. Dooku is an example. While he was a Jedi, i'm sure his heart was pure. Once his views strayed however, he became a dark Jedi because he now does not share the views of the pure Jedi's.

I'm not saying that former Jedi's aren't capable of evil things. In fact, quite the contrary. Many Jedi's have fallen from the order to become evil, and commit terrible acts of violence. However, for you to actually imply the Jedi have ever commited these acts, or are even capable of them is rediculous. They simply are not.

Jedi's are purely good, with no room for anything but. Siths are evil, with no good thoughts or compasion in them.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 07:40 PM
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Originally posted by Stefan Kojic
The difference is that the Sith do not care if they need to destroy countless systems until they destroy the rebels( I'm talking about Episode IV, V, VI), and the Jedi try to end the conflict with less casualties.

And look what happened to the Jedi.. lol

Sometimes "aggressive negotiations" are the only solution to extreme conflicts. If it wasn't for Vader switching back to the light side, then the Empire would've continued to grow stronger and stronger and would've lasted thousands of years.

War brings peace. Agression fuels results.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 07:42 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This is ridiculous. Star Wars is a simple morality tale of good and evil. The Jedi are good and the Sith evil. Any attempt to complicate that has missed the point of Star Wars entirely.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Well you just did a 180 there Palpy_666

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 07:44 PM