KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Gravity on space ships

Gravity on space ships
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Gravity on space ships

Does anyone get what's going on on the Invisible Hand when it starts turning twowrds Coruscant? We see R2 sliding down, Anakin and OB1 walking through a horizontal elevator shaft.

So far I've only seen that all SW space ships have artificial garvity (who knows what side is up when in space?). And here we see droids and people falling towards the side the ship is leaning to. Odd...

Old Post May 26th, 2005 05:58 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it just made a need scene Lucas thought... he doesn't go and check on details eek!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 05:59 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, he should.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:00 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he also should take a diet, but you don't hear people complain about that wink

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:01 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

Yeah, this has probably always been a flaw with space ships that have gravity in the movies.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:03 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

It's fantasy. Just remember the scene in ROTJ where the Star Destroyer "dives" into the second Death Star.

Maybe it's the inertial compensators going haywire and they tilt along with the ship. (my fanboy idea)

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:04 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

also, large explosions noise in space---shouldnt really happen also if you notice when anakin shoots out the hands hangar bay sheild, nothing gets sucked out. It's my firm belief these things we must just take as truths in a galaxy far far away

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:07 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SithSpy
also, large explosions noise in space---shouldnt really happen also if you notice when anakin shoots out the hands hangar bay sheild, nothing gets sucked out. It's my firm belief these things we must just take as truths in a galaxy far far away

Yes, the ultimate answer. It's not our galaxy...stick out tongue

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:11 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Yes, the ultimate answer. It's not our galaxy...stick out tongue

:cry:
meanie!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:13 PM
darthmaul1

yes things were getting sucked out if you look closely and thats why the door closed after.
as for the ships gravity it was something wrong with the antigravity thingy that screwed things ups.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:19 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Bong
Perpetually High

What about the scene on the bridge of the Invisible Hand when Grevious breaks the window. It only took about a minute before Anakin and Obi-Wan were breathing oxygen again in the next scene, not to mention the fact that they woulden't be able to breathe while the window was open. smokin'

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Bong a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Bong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

exactly and if you wanna get really technical the bridge incident would only happen like that if they were flying IN atmosphere in space if a window broke and they werent wearing any space suit the pressure release would immediatley explode their heads

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:32 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Star Wars ships seem to have artificial gravity.

You'd need an artificial gravity device in order to do this. The Invisible hand was trashed, therefore we can assume it's gravity drive was wrecked.

The planet's gravity took over instead.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

umm i don't think there heads would explode, it is the air escaping the bridge and blowing them into space, there could still be some atmosphere in there.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 06:52 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

ohhh there heads WOULD explode trust me stick out tongue big grin laughing

Old Post May 26th, 2005 07:11 PM
queeq
Chaos

I dunno. The spaceship in ROTJ could have had its steering screwed up because of the blasts. Doesn't have to be an Endor gravity thing, could be the gravity of the DS though...

As for the air being sucked out, when a window breaks it doesn't immediately make everything vacuum instantly, there's still oxygen being vented.

And for Coruscant's gravity "taking over" that is so odd.

So yes, it's a different universe, but we do learn certain laws of this universe through the films. And one is: spaceships have artificial gravity. Otherwise you would NEVER be able to walk in them.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 07:13 PM
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Not necessarily, if the Emergancy Systems had enough time to kick in and seal off the bridge from the rest of the ship, the ES would have the window closed before all of the air escaped.

*The More you Know!*

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 07:15 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Just my point.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 07:18 PM
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

Originally posted by SithSpy
exactly and if you wanna get really technical the bridge incident would only happen like that if they were flying IN atmosphere in space if a window broke and they werent wearing any space suit the pressure release would immediatley explode their heads
And if you want to get even more technical, if GG could throw a metal poll and break the window, then surly the pressure would have broken the glass already it would seem. Even though GG could probably throw it very hard to break it having had cyborg parts, then he could have completely crushed Obi in the lightsaber battle (I'm not sure if this is all right since I haven't looked into it or anything, but that's what it would seem).

Old Post May 26th, 2005 07:23 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, but that is all SW magic. Plus tehre is Force power on OB1's side. The gravity thing is new.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 07:25 PM