KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » MACE WINDU: I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi

MACE WINDU: I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi
Started by: Jedi Styles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedi Styles

MACE WINDU: I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi

Maces senses this plot... My inquiry is after Yoda says Carefull planning we must take...

What happened to the planning? Jedis in the temple get erradicated... Which is a shame but a big part of the storyline... Any thoughts.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 04:37 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

Yes i know, Disapointing movie

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 04:39 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Styles

anythoughts to why didn't plan on anything?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 04:44 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

Because the Jedi are Stupid and stick to there Old Jedi Ways While the Sith have moved on, QuiGon was the only Jedi to crarry out the New ways and not be on a stupid Political Jedi Council, lol

Last edited by DenKi on Jun 6th, 2005 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 04:46 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aluminum Falcon

Good ol' Qui-Gon.

I mis him.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Aluminum Falcon a Private Message Find more posts by Aluminum Falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by muserke
Good ol' Qui-Gon.

I mis him.

"Not a day goes by that i don't look to his wisdom for guidance"
-Obi Wan-

Ahem...as to the OT, most likely because of arrogance + lack of information

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 05:07 PM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

the jedi did seem a bit like a deer frozen in the headlights just waiting to get hit, no wonder anniken chose to join the other side.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Bicnarok
the jedi did seem a bit like a deer frozen in the headlights just waiting to get hit, no wonder anniken chose to join the other side.

that's a bit ignorant, though i'm sure you didn't mean for it to sound that way. I don't think Anakin joined the other side because they were fooled by the sith or anything. And not because they wouldn't take action (like in their teachings) or that they would take action (like when Windu threatens to kill Sidious). it was other reasons.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 05:17 PM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Their wait give them a hell of a bill to pay. And they've payd it dearly

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

they did waste a lot of time sensing sh!t around and doing video conferences. but you know, sith happens when you have a phantom menace skulking around in the senate.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:15 PM
Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Styles

Sure the DarkSide manifested to a point where it clouded everything that even the top Jedi Master's couldn't sense 1 Sith Master?... I find that hard to believe.. I think there was a flaw with what Lucas did in respect to the Jedi Demise....

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:36 PM
darthmaul1

The careful planning refers to what they will do if Palpatine does not give up his emergency powers, once general greivous is dead.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 09:31 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Quit dissing the Jedi like that. The ONLY mistake they made, was regarding Anakin. There is no way in hell any of them, not even Yoda, could have forseen what palpy was doing. That is basically his biggest strength. Conceiling his identity and carrying out his plan. Don't fault the Jedi for not seeing through him. As Yoda said several times "the dark side clowds everything"

As far as Anakin goes, that is 100% Obi wans fault for training him poorly. Anyone who spends that much time with the kid should have known exactly what he was thinking. Especially one as weak minded as Anakin. If someone else trained Anakin, the whole storyline wouldn't have happened, because Palps could not have done it without Anakin.

So don't fault the Jedi's for one error in training the one person that could bring them down. It had nothing to do with politics, or the old jedi ways. It was simply Obi wans failure as a master that led to all this.

Obi wan kicks ass, but he did **** up his job, and the Jedi's paid the price for it.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Vanquish
Quit dissing the Jedi like that. The ONLY mistake they made, was regarding Anakin. There is no way in hell any of them, not even Yoda, could have forseen what palpy was doing. That is basically his biggest strength. Conceiling his identity and carrying out his plan. Don't fault the Jedi for not seeing through him. As Yoda said several times "the dark side clowds everything"

As far as Anakin goes, that is 100% Obi wans fault for training him poorly. Anyone who spends that much time with the kid should have known exactly what he was thinking. Especially one as weak minded as Anakin. If someone else trained Anakin, the whole storyline wouldn't have happened, because Palps could not have done it without Anakin.

So don't fault the Jedi's for one error in training the one person that could bring them down. It had nothing to do with politics, or the old jedi ways. It was simply Obi wans failure as a master that led to all this.

Obi wan kicks ass, but he did **** up his job, and the Jedi's paid the price for it.

totally agree the dark side clouds everything (Yoda)
I thought I could train him just as well as Yoda...I was wrong (Obi-wan.)
How do you people enjoy these movies if you continually and purpousely look for stuff to pick it apart.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 10:18 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I don't think Obi Wan can be held totally responsible. He probably could have done a few things better, but Anakin made all his choices himself. His failure to listen to Obi Wan, Yoda, Mace and all the other masters was his main problem. He only wanted to listen to someone who agreed with him all the time and made him feel powerful, enter Palpatine. Anakins pride and selfishness are not Jedi traits they are more Sith, thats why Palpatine always had the upper hand.
Anakin didn't think of himself as an average Padawan or Knight he always thought he was better than the rest, seeking more power for his own reasons. Any other Knight would have been honored to be appointed to the council but not Anakin. He was easy prey for someone as clever and manipulative as Palpatine.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 10:29 PM
Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Uh... points made, but think about it.

If you were a slave, and rescued and taken away from your mother. Don't you think at some point, you would want your mother to be freed?

Give me a break. If that was Qui gon training Anakin, he would have been like, Dude, it's been a year, lets go get your mother and free her.

Anakins mothers death was really the thing that set him off. Can you believe that in all those years, Obi wan didn't take Anakin on a personal mission to at least make sure his mom was ok?

Obi wan fuked up, plain and simple.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Sidious01
Sword&WeaponMasterOfGSG

um did he not admit that?
"I thought i could instruct him as well as Yoda...I was wrong.."

Sig by Ast

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Sidious01 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Sidious01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Originally posted by Vanquish
Uh... points made, but think about it.

If you were a slave, and rescued and taken away from your mother. Don't you think at some point, you would want your mother to be freed?

Give me a break. If that was Qui gon training Anakin, he would have been like, Dude, it's been a year, lets go get your mother and free her.

Anakins mothers death was really the thing that set him off. Can you believe that in all those years, Obi wan didn't take Anakin on a personal mission to at least make sure his mom was ok?

Obi wan fuked up, plain and simple.

I agree about all Anakins feelings stemming from being a slave and all, but this just confirms that he was never really Jedi material in the first place. Yoda and the council were doubtful from the start, but they took a chance knowing that Anakin would have a hard time adjusting and letting go of his mother. If it was so easy to free his mother im sure Anakin himself would have gone back and done it. Im not saying that Obi Wan was blameless, but saying its all his fault because he trained Anakin the way he had been taught lets Anakin off the hook a bit too easily dont you think?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 10:57 PM
Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Styles

1. I'm not dissing the Jedi... Read the post. I think Lucas had a slight flaw. If anything I'm a bigger Fan of the Jedi than anyone else, being a Martial Artists and a Tae Kwon Do Instructor. I know what it's like when I've let down a student or a student has let me down...

2. I'm trying to make sense of all of it.

3. It is undestood that the things can be clouded by the dark side.

4. Obi-Wan did his best to teach Anakin, but he is really at fault for the Jedi's erradication or does the fault fall onto Quigon, or does it even fall on the council for letting Obi-Wan continue with Anakin's training? Who knows... But this is good conversation.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 11:13 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

If you start on the "who's to blame" train of thought it may go all the way back to whoever created Anakin. It was left a bit ambiguous as to where Anakin came from especially after the Opera scene, so instead of blaming Qui Gon for not seeing Anakins faults or Obi Wan for not being more like Qui Gon the blame should fall on Darth Plagueis or Palpatine if indeed Lucas was trying to put forth the idea that one of them created Anakin.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 11:29 PM