KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » EW article...

EW article...
Started by: Verity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Verity

Smile EW article...

Hey guys!!!! There's an article from Entertainment Weekly that came out yesterday, and it's somewhat interesting.....Also there's a pic of Neo (that'll prolly start goin' around soon) where he's standing in front of a broken window, where I assume Smith crashed thru.....bcuz it is the same room where we've seen images of Smith charging at Neo from the hole in the wall!!...Looks to me like Neo whooped his ass, and Smith won't be incripting himself into Neo anytime soon, like I saw somewhere!!!!! stick out tongue Here goes nothin'!! smile

--NEO AND TRINITY GET MARRIED." Keanu Reeves is joking. Come to think of it, maybe he's not. Following "Matrix" publicity protocol, the star really isn't yapping much about the third and final (we think) installment in the sci-fi series. Still, he has a few general tips. "There's a battle between Zion and the machines," he says. "And the relationship between Agent Smith and Neo is resolved. And some questions of the journey of Neo as The One are answered. And lots of surprises." One of which, we're guessing, is a much-talked-about 14-minute, low-altitude helicopter chase. Most of our favorite characters are also back, including cyber-sexpot Monica Belucci as Persephone and Jada Pinkett Smith, whose Niobe continues to lead the rebellion against those oppressive scraps of metel. "I'm more involved in the story," says Pinkett Smith. "I help save the day, and you see my love story with Laurence resolved." Still, she adds, I don't think anybody gets married."
But let's go back and talk about "Reloaded" for a minute. The movie will gross $280 million domestically, but critics generally weren't pleased, and, as things played out, summertime audiences cared more about a talking fish than ass-kicking computer viruses. "The second movie is always the toughest one in a trilogy," says series executive producer Bruce Berman, who is confident that viewers will flock to the third installment. They'd better. Warner Bros. and Berman's Village Roadshow took a risk when they shot both "Matrix" sequels simultaneously over 18 months in California and Australia--a great plan if interest builds in the series (see "The Lord of the Rings"), but potentially deadly if people decide they've just had enough (Back to the Future).
Also complicating things is the continued silence of the Wachowski Brothers, who don't do any press. "Why would they want to give answers to something that's about searching for yourself?" says Reeves. He's got a point, but the shroud of mystery surrounding the writer-directors got a little tattered earlier this year when older sibling Larry showed up to "Reloaded's" L.A. premiere dressed kinda funny with a supposed dominatrix on his arm. "Did that happen?" Reeves asks seriously. "I don't remember that." So HE'S the one. WHAT'S AT STAKE The Wachowskis' future. Their reputation as Hollywood's most innovative filmmakers may depend on whether they can reload the wow factor they had with the first "Matrix."--

Hope u guys enjoyed it!! Although I'd like to stress that the comments made in this article, in no way reflect my thoughts and feelings about the movies!!! smile

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 04:51 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghastly_Twin

yeah, i've read that article, it was interresting! smile

that thing about Neo and Trin getting married maybe isn't such a bad idea after all... that takes away the chances of them getting killed off. (which i don't want to happen!)

but, i think it is inevitable, to quote Smith, that one of Morph, Trin or Neo has to die. I think it will be Morpheus, cause' he have completed his task of finding the One, and will go out in a blaze of glory, saving both Neo and Trin. But that's just my opinion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I also hope that my favourite characters return, The Twins! Rumors tell that they will, and will fight Seraph and that he perishes to one of their swords. eek!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 08:10 AM
Ghastly_Twin is currently offline Click here to Send Ghastly_Twin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghastly_Twin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DJMissPinkie
Formerly the MCElite

cool article.... i hope that trin nd neo gewt married cos then theyll be a cool dance scene in zion with wkd music...
ps gastly twin where did u get the pretty twin a....... thingy (insert word i can never spell here) the picture just under ur name??

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 09:29 AM
DJMissPinkie is currently offline Click here to Send DJMissPinkie a Private Message Find more posts by DJMissPinkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Your avatar.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 09:53 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghastly_Twin

i looked on the net. pretty easy to find, just search for "matrix reloaded avatar" or something on google. smile

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 09:57 AM
Ghastly_Twin is currently offline Click here to Send Ghastly_Twin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghastly_Twin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

MCL33T says thankee wink

~AI

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 12:56 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by Ghastly_Twin
that thing about Neo and Trin getting married maybe isn't such a bad idea after all

nooooooooooooooooooo!! (sorry)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 04:17 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clispin

lol louise wont be happy bout that, neo and trinity getting married oh dear fuzzles what has the wordl come to?

By the time they had diminished from 50 to eight, the other dwarves began to suspect "Hungry".

Elvis is dead, Mozart is dead, Einstein is dead, and I'm not feeling so great myself. wink
DANCE!! DANCE YOU FOOLS!!!!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 04:24 PM
clispin is currently offline Click here to Send clispin a Private Message Find more posts by clispin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 04:25 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
nooooooooooooooooooo!! (sorry)

hahahahahaa neo and trinity get married? hahahahaha
no ¬¬ that will be booooooooriiiiiiinggggggggggg!!
we want action no wweddings!!!!!!!! embarrasment

madee by.. the one himself love

pascuaLaaa rockss! Iam not so bad..once u get to know me angel

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 08:25 PM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Argh, no. No marriages. Please. That’ll ruin everything. This is supposed to be a dark sci-fi flick, not weddin’ of kewl black-dressed heroes. (Rips hair out).

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 11:37 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
Argh, no. No marriages. Please. That’ll ruin everything. This is supposed to be a dark sci-fi flick, not weddin’ of kewl black-dressed heroes. (Rips hair out).

lol..right!! wink

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 11:53 PM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega

I believe it says "Reeves was joking" ?...That was prolly just the journalist jumpin' to stupid conclusions that make no sense!!...Even Jada says that she doesn't think anyone will b gettin' married!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 01:08 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

they better not or there will be all hell to pay....how cheesy would that be sad

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 03:54 PM
gabimr2

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
they better not or there will be all hell to pay....how cheesy would that be sad

haha o_O if someone will get marrie with neo .. that person it will be you korri.. hahahaha wink

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 06:46 PM
Korri

oh of coarse lol

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 03:07 PM
nickjs21

you guys, the sentence after the marriage one says, "keanu reeves is just joking." der.

anyhoo, there's no time for a marriage -- there's far too much the w.bros need to explain to us.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 06:16 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chrome_shadow
the ultimate life form

hey!! i don't think neo kicked agent smiths behind. agent smith is the best character in the movies, and he has the samestatistics as neo, it would have had to be a really really really long fight for NEO of all characters to win!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 05:21 AM
chrome_shadow is currently offline Click here to Send chrome_shadow a Private Message Find more posts by chrome_shadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chrome_shadow
the ultimate life form

and i wouldn't mind a weddin for neo and trin in the 100,000,000th film!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 05:25 AM
chrome_shadow is currently offline Click here to Send chrome_shadow a Private Message Find more posts by chrome_shadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Whatever!!!!! Neo kix buttocks!!!!!!(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 12:56 AM