KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » A theory on how Neo stopped the sentinels

A theory on how Neo stopped the sentinels
Started by: NEO-RELOADED

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NEO-RELOADED
A Free Minded

A theory on how Neo stopped the sentinels

Well I'm not sure you are going to agree with me but I think this theory of mine makes sense.I think the reason Neo could stop the sentinels is because a small part of Neo is a code he got when he jumped into Smith's body in the first movie, just like Smith said :"I don't fully understand how it happened. Perhaps some part of you imprinted onto me, something overwritten or copied"...And I think that the machines/agents are programed to avoid destroying/killing other machines/agents by stopping or/and destroying themselves, so when the machines felt Neo's code they thought he was a machine/agent so they did the "self destruction" to avoid hurting him.
Well that's what I think , I want your opinions. laughing smokin' Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 05:12 PM
NEO-RELOADED is currently offline Click here to Send NEO-RELOADED a Private Message Find more posts by NEO-RELOADED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

makes sense

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 05:50 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

nice line of thought.

i think it's because his mind is still plugged into the matrix, though, like the oracle said.

but nice thinking. a fresh perspective. i guess we'll see.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 07:29 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by nickjs21
nice line of thought.

i think it's because his mind is still plugged into the matrix, though, like the oracle said.

but nice thinking. a fresh perspective. i guess we'll see.

Perhaps it's a little bit of both.....Maybe Neo DOES have machine code in him....I like this theory!......maybe the machines can sense that code BECAUSE he's still plugged in?? A possibility??... cool

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 08:58 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FluX

That sounds plausible to me, but it doesn't explain why he passed out just after he stopped the sentinels.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 09:31 PM
FluX is currently offline Click here to Send FluX a Private Message Find more posts by FluX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

quote:
Originally posted by FluX
That sounds plausible to me, but it doesn't explain why he passed out just after he stopped the sentinels.

Maybe when the machines self-destructed they did so by frying there circuits with electricity. Because the machines had gotten so close to Neo the elactricity shocked him into a subconscience state.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 09:48 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FluX

quote:
Originally posted by bigbadbike2
Maybe when the machines self-destructed they did so by frying there circuits with electricity. Because the machines had gotten so close to Neo the elactricity shocked him into a subconscience state.

Could be. Of course you can find a hundred of possible explanations for it.
We'll see when revolutions is out smile

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 10:11 PM
FluX is currently offline Click here to Send FluX a Private Message Find more posts by FluX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

We know from EtM that Neo’s mind is trapped somewhere between the Matrix and the real world. The Oracle says as much. What is the “mind” in the Matrix? It’s the mental projection of the digital self aka the avatar.
Maybe Neo copied his avatar (if Smith can, so can Neo probably) either willingly or by accident.
If Neo’s avatar is stuck in the Source it’s sitting right in the big remote control for once. So you don’t need a Smith code copied to Neo. It also doesn’t really explain how Neo was able to stop the sentinels.
All we do need to do, is explain how Neo’s mind being stuck in the Source, makes his real body/mind capable of sensing the sentinels… AND stop them (and please, no EMP’s or the Hammer was nearby).

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 11:22 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

neo look like hulk .. when he stop the centinels

madee by.. the one himself love

pascuaLaaa rockss! Iam not so bad..once u get to know me angel

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 11:22 PM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by bigbadbike2

This makes sense......I think the power shock on both sides was so strong, they all collapsed!! Maybe it's simpler than we think!!!! smokin'

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 01:20 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by gabimr2
neo look like hulk .. when he stop the centinels

Llaughing out loudL ROFL oh no ur so funny sis

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 03:52 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
Llaughing out loudL ROFL oh no ur so funny sis

hahahahahha!! embarrasment.. thats why Iam your sis angelangel

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 06:49 PM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

I like the EMP theory. Makes sense.

REMEMBER. These things happened in SEQUENCE. NOT all at Once.

1ST-Neo Senses them.
2ND-He Stops Them like Bullets.
3RD-Then EMP electricity becomes apparent..and both Parties are Knocked Out.

So it's not like the emp theory hold no weight.

But this new thoery also sounds good.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 12:41 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Watch the new Revolutions trailer and you will see a shot of Neo and Trinity in a Hovercraft [SPOILER - highlight to read]: with Neo wearing a blindfold. When the squiddie gets near the ship, Neo puts his hand up and fries the Sentinal

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 05:52 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

hmm.. I havent seen that part

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 06:59 PM
Dexx
wingless

Re: A theory on how Neo stopped the sentinels

quote:
Originally posted by NEO-RELOADED
Well I'm not sure you are going to agree with me but I think this theory of mine makes sense.I think the reason Neo could stop the sentinels is because a small part of Neo is a code he got when he jumped into Smith's body in the first movie, just like Smith said :"I don't fully understand how it happened. Perhaps some part of you imprinted onto me, something overwritten or copied"...And I think that the machines/agents are programed to avoid destroying/killing other machines/agents by stopping or/and destroying themselves, so when the machines felt Neo's code they thought he was a machine/agent so they did the "self destruction" to avoid hurting him.
Well that's what I think , I want your opinions. laughing smokin' Happy Dance

it doesn't make sense mr.....
Just from the simple fact that NO matrix piece of software is supposed to reach the sentinel area of influence. Even smith downloading into bane is an anomaly.. therefore...the sentinels wouldn't have anything to recognise a matrix software with.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 12:29 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
Watch the new Revolutions trailer

where can i get it?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 04:10 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Go to the official Matrix site....They updated it, so now eveyone can see it!!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 12:42 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

New Revolutions trailer...?? (BRB!!!)

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 01:30 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

yay! kewl!!!! eek!

but the music is all sad (please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Korri on Aug 22nd, 2003 at 04:12 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 03:40 PM