KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » What was the oracle talking about

What was the oracle talking about
Started by: icon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

What was the oracle talking about

In Enter The Matrix, When ghost meets with the oracle, she tells him why her previous "shell" was destroyed. Because a program couple gave the mero. the code to save the life of the program couple's child. The oracle knew of this yet did nothing because she feels the child will be important. Now it makes you wonder who the child is... In the first ingame movie with the oracle, She thanks Seraph for coming to her so quickly, to which he responds to with something along the lines of "It is I who is forever indebted to you." I doubt that Seraph is the child, but it could be a possibility. I also was reminded of "The Kid" from the Animatrix, who also has a few lines in MR, until i realized that the child had to be a program... or at least the child of two programs. Makes one wonder about weither the programs can reproduce... Anyone have any input on the situation?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 03:22 AM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I'm just shooting in the dark here, but since we have stated elsewhere that Micheal may be the Archangel, he may in fact be a program from the machine world, but that is helpful towards the humans, like the Oracle and Seraph. Before you yell at me for being an idiiot, think about it, because, eitherthe program of Micheal stepped into Micheal's body when Micheal died (fell from the roof), or Micheal was always the program, he was playacting, and he took over someone else's body that had already died, and changed his shell to look like the dead boy. I don't think machines can reproduce, but we have seen some pretty amazing things, so i dunno. thats one opinion, anyways.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 05:09 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Have any of you forgotten a certain little child at the end of the Second Renaissance?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 12:44 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theprophecy123
Resister

what i didnt get about that is that his parents turned into agents.. in the real world..

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 01:02 PM
theprophecy123 is currently offline Click here to Send theprophecy123 a Private Message Find more posts by theprophecy123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

“The Kid” is as much an arch-angel as, say, Michael Jackson is. He epitomises the age and circumstances under which most humans are freed, with the exception he did it by himself.
His sole purpose was to prevent Bane from sticking a knife in Neos back, and show the near-worship that Neo is subjected to in the real world.

Two programs who, in conjunction, write a program together may call that program their “child”. A child of their minds, so to speak. That means it can be ANYTHING as complex as a new Matrix.
“If I am the Father of the Matrix then she, undoubtedly, is its mother.”
Why would the Architect call himself the FATHER of the Matrix? Unless the Matrix is his CHILD.
So perhaps the child in question is either THE Matrix or a version of it.

Theprophency123> No one turned into agents in the real world.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 02:18 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Omega: Indeed smile

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 02:19 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icon

Another Question... Who were the children in the room at the oracles, and who was the lady at the door, I am speaking of the ones in M1 of course. They said potentials, but the children all seemed to look at Neo as if they could see his code, knowing he is the one as well. Then again, they may be looking at him strangely because he is older, and most are young... or something of the sort. Shed any light, Sifer?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 02:50 PM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theprophecy123
Resister

in second renaissance p2
near the end theres a boy playing in the snow in a destroyed real world
and he sees his parents and as he gets closer he sees they are agents
then through a stylist transition he is in a pod

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 06:00 PM
theprophecy123 is currently offline Click here to Send theprophecy123 a Private Message Find more posts by theprophecy123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
“The Kid” is as much an arch-angel as, say, Michael Jackson is. He epitomises the age and circumstances under which most humans are freed, with the exception he did it by himself.
His sole purpose was to prevent Bane from sticking a knife in Neos back, and show the near-worship that Neo is subjected to in the real world.

Theprophency123> No one turned into agents in the real world.

If that's the kids purpose, do u dismiss the theory that people die after their purpose is fulfilled?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 06:21 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

no, but that may not be his only purpose, i believe part of his purpose was to save Neo from being killed by Bane before seeing the Oracle. A person does not only have one purpose in life, but rather a string of events that make up ones purpose, and when the stack is empty, life is over.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 07:19 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icon

I think you misunderstood my second question. When Neo goes to visit the oracle for the first time, when she tells him he's not the one, who are all those kids?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 08:42 PM
theprophecy123
Resister

the potentials (to be the one)
and the woman was the 'priestess'

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 09:10 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Icon> The children in the Oracles apartment were the other Potential Ones. As the Oracles “child” told us (Please recall, the Oracle has “children”. “I’ll get one of my children to fix it,” is her reply, when Neo knocks the vase off the small table).
Neo wasn’t BORN to be the One. He chose to become the One. It might as well have BEEN one of the kids. They were all able to alter the Matrix program.

Theprophecy> But if the scene fades to a pod, the pod is in the real world, AND the family turning into to agents IS IN the Matrix.

Audiohem> I do not mean purpose in the strict sense, or in the sense used by forumites who advocate our protagonists die after they’ve fulfilled SOME purpose (even going as far as inventing a purpose for dead characters). I dismiss that theory, yes.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 11:43 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theprophecy123
Resister

it was in the real world and then when it turned to the pod it signified him being born into the matrix
i dont really think we should think anything of this its just a cool anime bit they put in for effect smile

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 12:29 AM
theprophecy123
Resister

soren and binary and whoever [the ones who dropped dead trying to disable the emerency yadada] died causing trinity to enter the matrix to save neo, who then saves her, and then resurects her...

was their primary purpose death itself?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 12:33 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

theprophecy123> (Nods) NO agents in the real world. It was just a drama-effect.

Second question: No.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 12:35 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

their primary purpose was not to die, but their LAST purpose was to die, causing Trinity to enter matrix,...

As for the kid and the Agents, it may just be that they were switching between Matrix and Zion, for what The Omega says, Dramatic effect.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:29 AM
Sifer

The Agents are there for a reason, not just for dramatic effect - remember, this one was written by the Wachowski's smile

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:33 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Sifer> The agents we’re talking about are from the end of “Second Renaissance”. Where you see a small child in a devastated city, walking to his house in the snow, to his parents, who then turn into agents. Then you see the kid in a pod.
Since the real-world equivalent of agents are sentinels, that scene obviously isn’t to be taken literally, as in “agents in the real world.” Or do you mean, there are agents in the real world?

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 11:46 AM