KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Revolutions does not sound too promising

Revolutions does not sound too promising
Started by: husky321

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
husky321

Revolutions does not sound too promising

I have read the countless reviews that have come out today and most of them say revolutions is only a so-so movie. They went on to say that the movie does not really answer any questions we had. This is very disappointing. I was hoping for some sort of finality. I have no idea why they would not give any answers. People are going to be upset with the ending and the repeat business will not be so great. I wish they could hand the matrix over to more capable directors and redo reloaded and revolutions. The wachowscki brothers have ruined a movie franchise that could have been a classic. Now, the matrix will be remembered for what could have been instead of what was. It is sad too because reloaded and revolutions had so much potential.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 12:59 AM
husky321 is currently offline Click here to Send husky321 a Private Message Find more posts by husky321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manetheran

So in other words, you're giving up before you even see what seems like it could easily be a very great movie...

Second of all... more capable directors? It seems to me like the brothers have been doing fine (granted the first half of reloaded was a little slow), but the original matrix was a masterpiece, and the second half of reloaded wasn't bad compared to other movies (you are comparing it to the original matrix).

I think we should withhold judgement until we see the movie.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:07 AM
Manetheran is currently offline Click here to Send Manetheran a Private Message Find more posts by Manetheran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ITALIAN926

I sortve agree, but wait till you see it, you cant rely on critics, especially when we understand the movie much more than they do.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:07 AM
ITALIAN926 is currently offline Click here to Send ITALIAN926 a Private Message Find more posts by ITALIAN926 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
priestjim
Grovda

M1 is a classic. But M2 and M3 ruined it.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:10 AM
priestjim is currently offline Click here to Send priestjim a Private Message Find more posts by priestjim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
husky321

I just don't want to play online games and read comics and see other animated dvd's to finish the story, not too many others do either. They are trying to scheme more money from us.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:24 AM
husky321 is currently offline Click here to Send husky321 a Private Message Find more posts by husky321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Don't pay any mind to the critics. They would not know a good movie it it walked up and smacked them in the face.

Trust only what the true fans say. Thats all that matters in the end. wink

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:28 AM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

yes

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:29 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
husky321

I don't care that they say it sucked but I do care that they said the movie really does not answer our questions. This is the final movie and if our questions are not answered then they will never be answered, unless you play the games and read the comics, but that is stupid.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:31 AM
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Well... not for me at least... erm

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:33 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Ask yourself this.

What do critics really know?

Would they take the time to go over the movie with a fine tooth comb?

No!

So the answers they wanted answered may not be the ones we do.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:40 AM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

Mr. Reeves was on the Today show this morning and he said "The story of Neo is ending" Also that we will get answers to "All" the questions we have. So I don't know what the F'n critics are talking about...maybe they weren't paying attention like we fans will!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 01:43 AM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

From what I heard about Revolutions, it's got some awesome action and visual effects, but the story is sub par.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 02:51 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Husky

Let me tell you this, I've read many reviews too, and you know what I've found? They have relied on reports from movie goers, as ourselves, who have not even seen the movie yet!!! Not to mention, almost every one of the critics articles (and, so it seems the so called fans they interviewed) were more interested in LOTR than they were Revo.

So tell me how a critic who is only speculating, and does not want to think about the intratcate workings of the Matrix, going to know that it doesn't answer any questions when they aren't asking the right questions to begin with?

And your more capable directors comment?! The only thing I'm going to say is that this movie would not be what it is without the Wakowski Bros, and that, as the two who are the complete masterminds behind the whole thing - you couldn't have a more capable pair of directors!

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 03:00 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

Rolling Stone said that Neo goes off when they land at the machine city, like he sobs like there is no tomorrow. Does this sound good to u, Korri:/

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 03:04 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

*reads title of thread*
NO
*leaves thread forever*

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 03:05 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

yup, i think im doin the same thing. im never comin back!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 03:08 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HexSintax
Teh Rookie Biatch

i think is a big pile of BS!! people say trash just to get fans pissed off...we will know tomorrow for sure, dont read any reviews or itll put a downer on teh whole experience, you know how critics can be...we've all read good and bad reviews about any movie we've ever seen, AND Revolutions hasnt even come out yet!!! so these reviews could be BS....just wait and see, in time, we will know......

*some people say, "Hey, Neo is JUST like Jesus" but i say "Nay, Neo can kick Jesus' ass!"*
-Coming Easter 2004-
Neo -vs- Jesus
"Teh Awakening"

"...because Jesus was one crazy guy..."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 03:10 AM
HexSintax is currently offline Click here to Send HexSintax a Private Message Find more posts by HexSintax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

I won't be back to this thread either!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 03:16 AM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Yeah the reviews are bad and the trailer didn't look nearly as exciting as Reloaded's I'm still checking it out though.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 03:28 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
husky321

Here are a few of the reviews from rottentomatoes.

''The Matrix Revolutions" is awful. It's not merely hapless or disappointing - it's a total catastrophe.

"Visually stunning but a huge disappointment. The resolution sucked!

"Please someone, get me the blue pill. I want to forget that this ambitious and noteworthy series is ending so weakly."

"So disappointing they may as well have bussed in Ewoks to save Zion."

"A mixture of frantic but empty action and solemn, even more vacuous philosophizing that ends up simultaneously pretentious and puerile."

''At the risk of understatement, The Matrix Revolutions sucks.''

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 03:50 AM