KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » GAH! I STILL can't stand the confusion in my mind!

GAH! I STILL can't stand the confusion in my mind!
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Question GAH! I STILL can't stand the confusion in my mind!

Okey dokey people:

WHY wasn't Neo left in that crater at the end of Revo? We have seen from M1 and M2 that if you die in the real world, your RSI still remains in the matrix.

Now, we assume that the RSI's of everyone else {like the oracle} were still left after the smiths went kablamo - so where was neo? Why wasn't his RSI among the others?

RSI = Residual Self Image for newbies {if you don't know what THAT means than re-watch M1 big grin }

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 05:46 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShOota

Umm, Im not sure, wasnt he in there already?! If he wasnt who was in the middle of the pit?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 05:53 PM
ShOota is currently offline Click here to Send ShOota a Private Message Find more posts by ShOota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

After the explode-a-rama, we only see the Oracle lying in the crater. This is because the Smith that fought Neo had taken over her. But no, Neo was nowhere to be seen. But why?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 06:00 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShOota

To be honest no one will really kno becos it doesnt say in the film...

Like wheres Neo going at the end of Revolutions?? only Matrix Online will tell

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 06:03 PM
ShOota is currently offline Click here to Send ShOota a Private Message Find more posts by ShOota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Socrates

quote:
Originally posted by Ahnold
After the explode-a-rama, we only see the Oracle lying in the crater. This is because the Smith that fought Neo had taken over her. But no, Neo was nowhere to be seen. But why?

Maybe b/c smith and neo were part of the same equation, thus when they exploded, killing each other, only she was left, her not being apart of them.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 06:08 PM
Socrates is currently offline Click here to Send Socrates a Private Message Find more posts by Socrates Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

The Oracle doesn't have a Residual Self Image because she is a program.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 06:26 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Socrates

Ah so true.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 06:58 PM
Socrates is currently offline Click here to Send Socrates a Private Message Find more posts by Socrates Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yes, however, we can assume that all humans were left lying like Sati and the Oracle, because the Matrix is still going...so, my theory still stands...Neo is now apart of the Matrix, he has ascended, as the lotus-blossom suggests...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 07:13 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Neo's code is spread throught the Matrix. It no longer takes on a physical form. What his code will do is TBD (maybe in TMO).

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 08:39 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I don't know whether keanu will WANT to be in TMO. Hold on a sec:

Studio Exec: Mr. Reeves, we want you to come back to the matrix series, and do something called "The Matrix Online". Whaddaya say?

Dude-Meister: Hell, no! I'm a serious AC-TOR now! I can't be doing matrix stuff anymore. I'm sorry, but I'm doin nothing but serious drama from now on! And possibly "Bill And Ted 3". But that's it!

Studio Exec: Let me put it this way: see that dumptruck outside your front door? It's full of dollar bills. Now - whaddaya say?

Dude-Meister: Sure, what the hell

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 08:44 PM
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

I'm not saying he'll be in TMO, we just may find out what happens to his RSI. Any more TMO belongs in a different thread. You know that.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 08:46 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I know, I know. No need for the reminder. Just an afterthought big grin

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 08:48 PM
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Speaking of being kiled in the Real World, what would a MD say when he observes someone who died like that. No need for a lenghty explaination, just something short. I still think Neo's RSI is spread over the Matrix. Since your RSI is a mental picture of yourself, maybe Neo view himslef bigger than humanity and is an observer or something like that.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 09:02 PM
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Only the one can do something like that........

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 09:21 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

That who Neo is, the One, so he might be able to do that.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 09:24 PM
Sifer

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
yes, however, we can assume that all humans were left lying like Sati and the Oracle, because the Matrix is still going...so, my theory still stands...Neo is now apart of the Matrix, he has ascended, as the lotus-blossom suggests...

And as I suggested wink

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 10:14 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Ahnold> You don’t see any “Smith” either (as in – the FIRST original) after the Norton anti-virus killer was sent through Neo. So either the 1 and the –1 cancelled each other out, and Neos RSI was completely destroyed, or spread throughout the program Matrix.

OR the Deus ex Machina simply retrieved Neo’s SRI – mortally wounded, but intact – and had him sailed off to a place of healing. Since Neo’s body was glowing, he still has a Source connection (the anomaly). Neo and the Anomaly has become one. The program and the human has merged. Complete transcendence and attainment of the true function of the man and the code. Peace.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:16 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hmmm - I guess I hadn't thought of that, though I would not have expected to see any Smiths left behind anyway: after all, they all pretty much went kablamo.

A v. good argument. Heh - norton anti-virus big grin Ah, you really crack me up sometimes, Omega

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:35 AM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Hehe kablamo.. great word. So true... Neo lives, Smith is deleted, and the war's at peace.... but for how long? Only TMO will tell us...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:44 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Ahnold> That's o.k. that you didn't think of that. If you spent your time thinking of reasons who then would we go to for a phone conversation between a Studio Exec. and the Dude-meister. big grin

Last edited by Lag on Dec 3rd, 2003 at 09:35 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 09:33 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote