KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Emp

Emp
Started by: Lag

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lag

Emp

This is just stupid, but I was watching Reloaded again and when it came time for the Neb to explode I wondered why they just didn't use the EMP on the bomb. It's electrical, we see it fly by itself before blowing the Neb up. Again this is just something stupid that I noticed, but hey maybe some of you will have something to say here.

This is what I think could have been done. They use the EMP on the bomb and the Squiddies would come after them and the Hammer would arive and EMP them. Then the Neb would still exist and be used in the Zion fight and Niobe would still have to give up her ship. The only big change would be no " I have dreamt a dream, but now that dream is gone from me." Oh well. Anybody?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 02:43 PM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The One Part 2

You can use an EMP on a real bomb, and it will still explode. Bombs are mechanical and chemical, not electronic. Even if the squiddie bomb was rendered useless, the speed it was travelling would have caused it to rip into the hull of the Neb. Even if it didn't explode, there would have been fatal damage to the ship.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:27 PM
The One Part 2 is currently offline Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

OOOOooohhhhhh. Not if they did it right when the bomb was released. it would have gone a few yards and dropped it would have never been able to turn.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 07:01 PM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yeah, but they threw it while out of EMP range, remember?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 07:06 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Yeah, "They are 'JUST' out of EMP range" This means the second it was thrown the bomb is in range.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 07:13 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

um, no...go back and look at the 3D hologram of the tunnel...they are far enough out of the range of the EMP that the Tow Bomb would have to travel a few seconds before reaching EMP range, then, by the time they shoot the EMP, it would have been too late...remember that the EMP trigger is at the Operators station. In order for them to shut off the ship, charge the EMP, and shoot it, they woulda had to have been sitting in the cockpit talking, see the Squiddies, and immediately run to charge it, and i don't think they woulda had enough time even then...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 07:23 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Yay. I'll take it. I didn't think about the charge time, probably because I didn't know there was one. I think I do remember Mopheous telling someone to "charge" the EMP in M1 or maybe it was "ready" the EMP I'll have to go back and look.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 07:34 PM
ShOota

Omg, some people.....

EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED, HAPPENED FOR A REASON!!!!

THINK!!

like Morph said in Reloaded after he saw Merv.............................

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 10:33 AM
ShOota is currently offline Click here to Send ShOota a Private Message Find more posts by ShOota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freemind

Even if the bomb was useless and didn't hit there ship when they used the emp. The sentinels would have came and destroyed the ship.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 08:38 PM
freemind is currently offline Click here to Send freemind a Private Message Find more posts by freemind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

The Hammer was there though, but it doesn't matter anymore.

ShOota> Wow, you're smart. You told me to think, why didn't I think of that.....oh wait....that would have required thought. What would us cavemen do without you to tell us to think.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 09:00 PM
ShOota

U prob dont understand the matrix story at all do u....

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 12:53 PM
ShOota is currently offline Click here to Send ShOota a Private Message Find more posts by ShOota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Nope not at all.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 01:40 PM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

I've thought of this before, and I realized that the answer is simple:

The neb could have used the EMP, and the squiddies could have just thrown another bomb at them. Also I am guessing that Neo felt this and had them all leave the ship.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 07:48 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

ShOota> watch it...just because someone does not get why something happened does not mean they didn't get the entire movie...

Lag> The Mjolnir was quite a ways away...think about how much was done between the squiddy alert and the Hammer showing up...you can cover a bit of ground in that amount of time...Even if the tow bomb did not, by some chance, hit its mark, i'm pretty sure that the others would have had a tow bomb with them as well...but, assuming they didn't, they probably would have had time enough to charge the EMP and shoot it off, killing the attacking squiddy's, however, if you are talking about using the EMP to destroy the tow bomb, then no, they wouldn't have had an EMP to charge...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 07:52 PM
ShOota

Even if they did have it, The squidies were too far out of range......

Just like they said in the movie....

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 08:56 PM
sum1butno1
Transient being

Does anyone else think it's weird that it took the machines 500 years to figure out how to make a bomb?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 03:56 AM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

um, i dont think it took them 500 years, it is possible that they decided to up the offensive, using bombs rather than just Sentinels...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 04:28 AM
ShOota

Wasnt it wierd tht when Neo was in the Machine city its was un gaurded, there was nothing there, only little machines, The machines had no type of defence set up in there main city called 01.....

I was thinking Wouldnt the machines think that the humans would Counter-attack? because it would be the perfect chance since all the sentinals are attacking Zion?

i didnt see any Sentinals there at all :/

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 06:05 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

Obviously "all the sentinels" weren't attacking Zion, seeing as they were also attacking the Logos...

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 08:43 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShOota

Yes........ But there was no Machines defending the center of 01 where Neo went. I thorght the machines would atleast expect a counter attack at there city from the humans

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 08:46 PM