KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » "unable to speak"

"unable to speak"
Started by: mook

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mook

"unable to speak"

During the interrogation scene Smith causes Neo's mouth to 'melt' shut.

1.)how did he do this?
2.)if agents have this power over people, why not use it else where in the movies (glue their legs together for example so they cant run away)

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 02:41 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

It was a scare tactic so they could make bugging Neo easier, and if you're on about using this power on the rebels, remember that they are not directly linked to the Matrix (hence why Agents can't posses rebels and only people plugged into the matrix).

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 02:47 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
It was a scare tactic so they could make bugging Neo easier, and if you're on about using this power on the rebels, remember that they are not directly linked to the Matrix (hence why Agents can't posses rebels and only people plugged into the matrix).

yeah, i understood the point of using it and i accept that they cant do it to rebels jacked in on ships.

however, can an agent do stuff like that at will to anyone whos plugged in (unaware) i.e completely change there physical beings and manipulate there bodies? (i dont mean by 'possessing' them). because you dont see them use it elsewhere in the movies (i think).

Also, is it significant that it is in an agent interrogation room and the architect appears to be watching...?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 02:55 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

I think there is already a thread on your last point, not entirely sure myself.

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 03:30 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

what i mean is can they do the mouth melt thing

a.)because its in the agents room?
b.)or because the architect is watching and influencing somehow?
c.)or can they do it any time/anywhere?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:28 PM
Sifer

Actually, its a room which is connected to the Corridor (as seen in Reloaded) big grin

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:35 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
Actually, its a room which is connected to the Corridor (as seen in Reloaded) big grin

its still the room where the agents interrogate neo and its still viewed thru the architects screens.

also is that a known fact that its linked off the corridor or an idea that has been generally accepted?

and can it help answer my question;

"what i mean is can they do the mouth melt thing...

a.)because its in the agents room?
b.)or because the architect is watching and influencing somehow?
c.)or can they do it any time/anywhere?"

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:40 PM
Sifer

Neo was still hard-wired at that point. And it is fact that it's the White Corridor. Watch the DVD, pause it and watch frame by frame. You can in fact see the colour of the door and another door behind them, surrounded by white smile

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:45 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

The agents were trying to scare Neo to force him to cooperate in finding Morpheus. It was a kind of "gestapo" tactic. Remember that minutes after, Neo appears in his apartment thinking it was a dream.

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:51 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

Sifer>Neo was still hard-wired at that point. And it is fact that it's the White Corridor. Watch the DVD, pause it and watch frame by frame. You can in fact see the colour of the door and another door behind them, surrounded by white.

yep neo was still hard wired and, as i said, i accept that they cant do it to rebels jacked in on ships.
ok the thing about the door makes sense (although white is quite a common colour) and i will take that as a fact.

The One Himself>The agents were trying to scare Neo to force him to cooperate in finding Morpheus. It was a kind of "gestapo" tactic. Remember that minutes after, Neo appears in his apartment thinking it was a dream.

as i said, i understood the point of using it,
my question is not 'WHY?' it is 'HOW?'

'how did they melt Neos mouth shut?'

did the agents do it? can they do it anywhere or just in that room (off the White Corridor)
did the architect do it? is that why he was watching?

Last edited by mook on Dec 9th, 2003 at 07:50 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 07:44 PM
Real
I have more tech than you

i think it was the architect that did it. if it was in the back doors and arch was watchin, then he could have changed anything he wanted. it was "his realm" and he created the matrix, so for that reason, i think he could easily change the mouth of a plugged in person. a secondary question is why do you see space/a galaxy, when neo enteres the room of the arch, because i know it was mentioned by arch (...has altered your state of consiousness), but where did he actually go?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:11 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Good point.....

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 09:34 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Neo was still hard-wired at that point. And it is fact that it's the White Corridor. Watch the DVD, pause it and watch frame by frame. You can in fact see the colour of the door and another door behind them, surrounded by white smile

It's not the hallway of backdoors.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 09:50 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:

Can anyone post a screen.. plz...?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 10:18 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

That isn't the hallway, notice the doorknob...

(please log in to view the image)

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Last edited by The Unknown on Dec 9th, 2003 at 10:36 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 10:25 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Ohhhh...........

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 11:13 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by realworlddreams
a secondary question is why do you see space/a galaxy, when neo enteres the room of the arch, because i know it was mentioned by arch (...has altered your state of consiousness), but where did he actually go?

Maybe it signified that he was leaving the Matrix or going deeper into it.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 11:18 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Some things they did not do so that they could keep the Matrix realistic enough, in my opinion. It is only when Neo makes a break for it that the Agents take bodies in public in M1, because people would think it quite strange to see their short, skinny friend suddenly turn into a 6-foot, 400-lb, shades-sporting, gun-wielding, unstoppable guy who knows how to kill people with a single blow.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 11:29 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ch0g0nda
Captain

400lbs...

eek!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 11:53 PM
ch0g0nda is currently offline Click here to Send ch0g0nda a Private Message Find more posts by ch0g0nda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

quote:
Originally posted by Captain REX
Some things they did not do so that they could keep the Matrix realistic enough, in my opinion. It is only when Neo makes a break for it that the Agents take bodies in public in M1, because people would think it quite strange to see their short, skinny friend suddenly turn into a 6-foot, 400-lb, shades-sporting, gun-wielding, unstoppable guy who knows how to kill people with a single blow.

I believe that only people making physical contact or are very close to the person when they're taken over will notice. It appears that no one even sees the agents except for the little girl whose father is taken over.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 12:49 AM