KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Poor Matrik

Poor Matrik
Started by: ElvesRule24/7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ElvesRule24/7

Poor Matrik

Now I like the Matrik movies. But I was wondering if anyone felt the same way I do. Now I loved the first one, it had a great story with a good amount of action. Awesome movie. But in the second one, they tried to make it bigger and better. But only made it worse and just crappy. The third was good, but not even close to what the first one was. I'm upset that the Matrix sold out. I hope they dont make anymore.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:35 PM
ElvesRule24/7 is currently offline Click here to Send ElvesRule24/7 a Private Message Find more posts by ElvesRule24/7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

the first one is the best stand alone movie from the trilogys. this is often true of trilogy - also 2+3 are one big film so not as good on there own.

obviously your opinion is as valid as anyones but i enjoyed 2+3 especially now we can view them as part of one big whole.

what do you mean by 'selling out'? im pretty sure the matrix was always intended to be a trilogy

i doubt they will make anymore feature films. but it is likely to continue with 'the matrix online' game, and maybe comics/animations etc.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:52 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElvesRule24/7

When I say "selling out" it seemed to me that all they wanted to foucus on was just action, trying to make everything bigger and better. The first Matrix was awesome because it had enough action with a great story. The reason why the second one was so bad becuase the fight sceans would last way to long, all the action was over done and to long.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 06:14 PM
ElvesRule24/7 is currently offline Click here to Send ElvesRule24/7 a Private Message Find more posts by ElvesRule24/7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I enjoyed M1 and M3 overall. I didn't have a problem with the sequels.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 08:42 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

it was necessary for the developement of the plot...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 08:44 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 08:46 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Yeah. At least they made a second movie.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 09:22 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Otherwise we wouldn't have a third!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 09:30 PM
Clavis
HOT

well maybe you just didnt understand the second movie and the third maybe you should see it again...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 09:32 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Agreed.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 10:42 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElvesRule24/7

Nope I understood it, and it sucked. lol.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 11:49 PM
REXXXX
Networking

He's entitled to his own opinion. A lot of people might agree with him!

Or not...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 11:50 PM
ch0g0nda
Captain

I'm pretty sure he doesn't get it. For someone who truly get's it to say it sucked was either sat in a room and taught the story. Or he, as we suspect, didn't get it.

Anyway why post this? You trying to find other people who crawl around the matrix section who think it sucks?

Make way for intelligent discussion please.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 11:58 PM
ch0g0nda is currently offline Click here to Send ch0g0nda a Private Message Find more posts by ch0g0nda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

That's great elves. now you can go back to the LOTR forum, which you obviusly just came from.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 12:02 AM
audioheem

Reloaded was my favourite by far. I really can't understand why people don't like it, I've seen it 26 times and still love it.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 03:31 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by ElvesRule24/7
When I say "selling out" it seemed to me that all they wanted to foucus on was just action, trying to make everything bigger and better. The first Matrix was awesome because it had enough action with a great story. The reason why the second one was so bad becuase the fight sceans would last way to long, all the action was over done and to long.

the first matrix is all action from start to end.
then they had to top the scenes from M1 so did the freeway+100smiths but also had to introduce lots of different characters and concepts which means its not as pure so some might not like it as much.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 04:09 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I have an increasingly sneaking regard for Reloaded, actually. I think of all the Matrix films it is the one best designed for long-term appreciation.

First one still the best for me though.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 07:18 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

yeah, i think that elves belong in middle earth, but we like the matrix better, see yourself out of that nice pure white door and follow the long white corridor, oh wait, u dont undestand what im even talkin about do u? sry, find a cave and crawl into it. thx, later
BTW, reloaded is my favorite as well, its the most philosophical of them all. so many things to think about from it.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 07:40 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Elvesrule24/7+ matrix forum=incompatible system error
_Virus created_08Smith79
_96Seraph15_infected
_48Oracle11_infected
_Humans6,000,000,000_infected
_71Thompson90_infected
_08Smith79_ deleted by _323243Anomoly99798_

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 02:05 AM
ElvesRule24/7

lmao!!! wow i've never seen so many virgins get so angry. You people dont get out much do you. You've see it 26 times!!!! lol!!!!!!!! Man you need a girlfriend!!!! Yes I understood it, and many people, lots of people, thought the second one sucked. Your just to in love with the movie you cant admit it. But that's just my thought. Peace out virgins. P.S LOTR is 100 million times better than the last 2 Matrix movies will ever be.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 02:57 AM