KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Why the HELL wern't Reloaded/Revolations nominated for any Oscars?

Why the HELL wern't Reloaded/Revolations nominated for any Oscars?
Started by: Random_Hero777

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Random_Hero777
Mr. Flanderson

Why the HELL wern't Reloaded/Revolations nominated for any Oscars?

I want to know why LOTR gets 11 awards and Matrix dosn't even get a nomination? Is the Matrix too complicated to get an award? Forget LOTR, that movie is unoriginal and uncreative. The Matrix Trilogy gets everything in my view

Made by the mad man himself... Venomfan. Why?... PURPOSE!!!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 04:57 AM
Random_Hero777 is currently offline Click here to Send Random_Hero777 a Private Message Find more posts by Random_Hero777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

Dude, it is the Q that will never be answered correctly becus the academy looked at the acting, the ending. Since it was a two piece movie, they may have not known which one deserved the oscar. I believe that the Matrix should have atleast deserved a nomination over friggin Master and Commanderlaughing out loud

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:07 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

it wasnt submitted is the answer that circulated around here in numerous threads...
i can believe that...cant explain, but i can believe it.
anyway, Keanu Reeves coulda at least been nominated for best actor...Revs was a hell of a lot better than some other movies.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:13 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

M&C was a good movie, if you ask me... Anyways...
Well, quite simply, they just weren't good enough... The original Matrix kicked ass, these two were just "good"... On a scale of one to ten, I'd give it a 7.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:13 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Though Keanu Reeves should've been nominated for best actor he's awesome
So is Carrie-Ann Moss
I thought that it'd at least get nominated for the acting

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:14 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaPtaInCLaUdiA
brunette and tanned <3

hmmmm...

she's miss california <3

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:15 AM
CaPtaInCLaUdiA is currently offline Click here to Send CaPtaInCLaUdiA a Private Message Find more posts by CaPtaInCLaUdiA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

i mean, Keanu did more work than any of the other Actor nominated. He went through 2 and a half years of straight work. He deserved atleast a friggin nominationlaughing out loud

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:17 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

n sean penn did wut, liek 3 months? lol wait, penn won rite? Johnny Depp shoulda won over him too...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:38 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Here's the scenario that I've read about:

Matrix did not recieve nomination because it wasn't submitted. Why? Because of the release of two movies within one year on the same topic for one - it would end up competing with itself making the nominations in things like "Special Effects" "Costume Design" and a few others limited to Matrix Revo, Matrix Reloaded, and LOTR-ROTK.

Other sources say that Warner Bros only submitted Revolutions to keep the two films from canceling each other out.

Another aspect that coincides with these two is that the First Matrix won several awards: Best Sound, Best Sound Effects Editing, Best Visual Effects, and Best Film Editing. While LOTR, won only visual effects in 2002 and 2003 and was expectant to pull a clean sweep this year - and they did. Like they held off and the oscars this year for the LOTR was like saying "One hellava ride guys."

While I am a die hard Matrix fan, I believe that LOTR deserved what they got and would have hated to see either Matrix movie against LOTR - just as I hated seeing Pirates of the Carribean loose out.

So with the bits and peices that I've read, I think the Matrix movies were left out because there was a universal feeling of "You gave us a good show, and had a great run, but it's a year we need to recognize some others and give them a chance."

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 09:47 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Wow, very good thoughts on that Metamorphisis... thumb upthumb up

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 12:58 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

Meta> I love your big and genuine posts. love

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 01:53 PM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

Metamorphisis

good point

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 02:39 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

*walks in* LOTR ricks rock *runs out*

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 04:56 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by Barf Heaven
Though Keanu Reeves should've been nominated for best actor he's awesome

yeslove

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:17 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

no he isnt.
i like the films and hes good as neo but hes not a great actor.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:32 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

ssssh! ok just sssssh!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 05:41 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

quote:
Originally posted by mook
no he isnt.
i like the films and hes good as neo but hes not a great actor.
GOD, how many times hav i heard this. Neo is wut he acted. He's supposed to be like he was. He was a great actor when he cried like a girl when Trinity died. that was acting. i didnt think he could pull it offlaughing out loud

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 02:49 AM
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

Alpha

Wow...think that's the first time that anyone's ever said they like my LONG posts!! LoL eek!

JKozzy{/b]

Long time no see. how you been??

[b]Mook

Neo's not a great actor, huh? So going from laid back surfer-boy in Bill & Ted's Excellent adventure, to a young vigilante gang member opposite Keifer Sutherland in Brotherhood of Justice, to the preppy uptight FBI agent turned surfer opposite Patric Swazye in Point Break, to a strung out information smuggler in Johnny Mnemonic, to the dazed Thomas Anderson in Matrix 1, then the more confident and self aware Neo in Matrix 3, and ending as a young doctor who makes house calls and has a slightly grotesque interest in women more than twice his age in Something's got to give opposite Jack Nicholson does not show a range of ability?

Damn, then I guess that eleminates 90% of Hollywood off the list of good actors, including Jack Nicholson who always plays a nutcase, or someone with some sort of issue that causes him to be screwed up, Al Pacino who always plays a bad a$$, in your face mo-fo, and Rober Deniro who always plays the quiet, self assured, average Joe with a backbone rolls.

No, Keanu is a good actor who, like many, has gotten a bad wrap. I won't say he's the best, but his performance is always quite enjoyable.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree though...

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 03:44 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

everything u just said was....PERFECTeek!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 03:53 AM
Korri

omg *tear* that was well said my friend.....you have done the guy justice

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 04:09 PM