KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » the Bodyguard

the Bodyguard
Started by: Reep

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Reep

the Bodyguard

Something strange about the bodyguard? When Neo is in the matrix and looks at the code, he sees the agents as green like the rest of the matrix. I don't recall them ever showing what Neo would see trapped humans as.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: But, when Neo looks at the bodyguard, he sees him as yellow, right? Why is this and what does it signify? If the bodyguard was a program like the agents, wouldn't he also be green? We also don't know what the Oracle or other characters look like in code view do we?

Any significance to this?

Old Post May 21st, 2003 08:29 PM
Reep is currently offline Click here to Send Reep a Private Message Find more posts by Reep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I found that strange as well. And we saw Neo himself and Trinity in code view, both being green. Very strange indeed.

Old Post May 21st, 2003 09:54 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

I think Neo himself looked surprised that the bodyguard did not look green.

Old Post May 21st, 2003 10:56 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

because he was a program not linked to the matrix? like the oracle?

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 12:39 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

could be or maybe [SPOILER - highlight to read]: hes one of the "ones" that refuses to be replaced by the newer versions

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 03:42 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

yes. actually a friend of mine suggested that to me. i dismissed it thinking that he'd be way to old. besides, wasn't he supposed to start zion? so why would he be here.

I just saw the first movie, and Morpheus says that the year is closer to 2199. AI was created in the early part of the 21th century. So even if we take a 200 year time span, it's still only 200/6 = about 33.33 years on average. now that's pretty feasable. Maybe we'll find out what Saraph is all about in the next movie.

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 04:24 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I assume the Oracle and Architect both appear yellow, they just never show it.

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 05:13 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

yeah I would agree with that Tex.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 06:09 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

i know he's gonna be in the next movie. i've seen him roundhouse someone.

remember when we were all watching the attack of the clones previews, and as soon as we saw Anakin wielding two lightsabers we were like: whoa! there's TWO of them!

Saraph is gonna be wielding dual berrettas. That's gonna be awesome

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 08:18 AM
coolboarder98

My friends and I were going over the movie after we had watched last weekend and came up with this hypothesis:

Maybe the bodyguard is:a, a Firewall, set in place for the protection of the matrix, or
b: A Virus scan. The virus scan seems a lot more plasable because in order to figure out if those wanting to see the Oracle are viruses or not, he'd have to fight them(i.e. the Teahouse fight scene).

-Robert Plant, The Lemon Song, Led Zeppelin II

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 11:46 AM
coolboarder98 is currently offline Click here to Send coolboarder98 a Private Message Find more posts by coolboarder98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

I Think Seraph is "written" in another programmspeach or something. HeŽs different to the agents. for instance is he fighting much better. But like Tevesh i think weŽll find out a lot more aout him in the next movie. In some trailers you can see him fighting (and shooting) some guys with morpheus and trinity. weŽll see.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 12:06 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myndon
I'm the one who talks

Perhaps because he was a different program altogether, he was not linked to the matrix and he was not part of his operating systems, he might have been someone created by the oracle

Ergo, open your yapper one more time and i'll architect a world of pain all over your candy ass! Ergo! Concorditly! vis-a-vis!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 12:20 PM
Myndon is currently offline Click here to Send Myndon a Private Message Find more posts by Myndon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

all the characters on Matrix that dressed in White were roghe or rude dodnt u noticed that.
Switch- she was rude
Twins- i hate them
persephone- shes got it very deep hiding something
architect-hmm?? we have to analize him
Seraph- hes very convincent
Who else???????

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 02:25 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

HEY???

quote:
Originally posted by Tevesh
yes. actually a friend of mine suggested that to me. i dismissed it thinking that he'd be way to old. besides, wasn't he supposed to start zion? so why would he be here.

I just saw the first movie, and Morpheus says that the year is closer to 2199. AI was created in the early part of the 21th century. So even if we take a 200 year time span, it's still only 200/6 = about 33.33 years on average. now that's pretty feasable. Maybe we'll find out what Saraph is all about in the next movie.

33 years.... that was Jesus age. So every 33 years the one died and resurrect agin and again. But EVERY 33 years.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 03:41 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tuur

Doesn't make sense. The One picks 23 people. Zion has 250.000 (if I'm correct) inhabitants. They're not rabbits you know....

[edit - hold on: they also free people. But i still think 33 years is far too short, the old One would still be there... Hm.]

Last edited by Tuur on Jun 5th, 2003 at 08:10 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 08:07 AM
Tuur is currently offline Find more posts by Tuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tuur

quote:
Originally posted by Tex
I assume the Oracle and Architect both appear yellow, they just never show it.

Dunno. Neo looked surprised.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 08:08 AM
Tuur is currently offline Find more posts by Tuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xeeva

[edit - hold on: they also free people. But i still think 33 years is far too short, the old One would still be there... Hm.]

Anyone else think that Merivinginian is an ex-ONE?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 08:44 AM
Xeeva is currently offline Click here to Send Xeeva a Private Message Find more posts by Xeeva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

yes..i beleive both the merovingian and the seraph are former ones.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 09:25 AM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

we know that the french guy is not a former one. he says himself, "Listen up boy, I have survived your predacessors and I will survive you as well."

did he survive himself? of course not. He is a traffiker of information. Persephone wants to feel loved again like she used to. That's why she goes around asking for a kiss from everyone she meets, including Ghost and Niobe. (great scenes from the game)

Saraph might be a former one, but I severely doubt it. As far as we know, all 5 previous ones have been taken to the source where their code that makes them "the one" has been deleted (no humans actually carry and code, but whatever part of their mind that lets them do the wacky things they do, when plugged into the matrix, converted into code is removed), and they are lead to be free in Zion with 23 others.
They are known to be the "first" person to escape the matrix. Morpheus refers to the "first" as well. When Neo discovers that he is in fact that sixth, he says himself, "Either no one knows, or no one told him."

The people who knew (Oracle, french dude, persephone) didn't tell him. (french guy hinted at it, but didn't blatantly say it)

Morpheus, Trinity and all others part of Zion didn't know, which leads me to believe that the former "one" did not know as well, otherwise they would all know that the cycle has been repeating. Neo is the first to know of this cycle.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 10:37 AM
Tevesh

oh. guys. as for the 33 years, i think i am mistaken on that. Morpheus said it was 2199 (give or take, remember they don't know for sure) giving them about 200 years between when the matrix was installed and up and running. BUT, they don't know that the cycle has repeated itself 6 times over now. so i am thinking now that every cycle is 200 years. As i posted right before, people don't know about the cycles, if they did, Neo would have.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 10:41 AM