KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » So...what happened to TANK?

So...what happened to TANK?
Started by: Damien777

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damien777

Question So...what happened to TANK?

I realize that they briefly mention Tank's death in RELOADED...but exactly how does HE die?

Old Post May 28th, 2003 12:42 AM
Damien777 is currently offline Click here to Send Damien777 a Private Message Find more posts by Damien777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

I don't remember them saying anything about Tank in Reloaded, but we'll probably find out in Revolutions.

Old Post May 28th, 2003 02:07 AM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

yeah. i heard we find out what exactly happend to him. i remember something about him dying after a mission, or during one

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post May 28th, 2003 02:57 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

well the dude who played tank is sueing the wachowski bros. he probably asked for too much money so they wrote out his character.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 28th, 2003 04:45 AM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rin
Public Anemone Number One

Supposedly, there were some problems with the actor, so they wrote out his character and replaced him with Link.

It's a shame, because Tank is one of the most laid-back characters in the Matrix and I'm playing favorites.

Can you smeeeellll what the sun is cooking?

Old Post May 28th, 2003 04:53 AM
Rin is currently offline Click here to Send Rin a Private Message Find more posts by Rin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 29th, 2003 at 10:23 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2003 10:48 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he died?

Old Post May 28th, 2003 11:51 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

It was mentioned that he died. But the other posters are correct. Marcus Chong is sueing the Brothers. He has also been hanging about the studio while M.R. was being filmed I read somewhere. Not inside. Anyway, there was a big disagreement. Too bad. I loved his character too. Actually the only main characters are Neo, Trinity, Morpheous and Smith. That's it. Everyone else has been replaced. Reloaded and Revolution are actually one movie cut in half, so I am counting the replacement as only 2 movies... THE MATRIX and it's sequel.

Old Post May 28th, 2003 03:04 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

Worried Re: So...what happened to TANK?

quote:
Originally posted by Damien777
I realize that they briefly mention Tank's death in RELOADED...but exactly how does HE die?

i'm not quite sure but in the revolutions trailer, i thought i saw TANK'S back with the curled hair siiting in front of the matrix grid monitor of a ship..yeah he was busted by the wachowskis but i read somewhere that he might return in revolutions...check the trailer..sure i saw him!
Happy Dance

Old Post May 28th, 2003 08:02 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

I'll do that. I need my Matrix "fix" again. I'm getting the withdrawal sweats again. sad Time to see M.R. again!!! big grin

I'll look for him in the trailer. big grin

Old Post May 28th, 2003 08:32 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Yep its true. He is suing the two studios involved for not hiring him.

Zee (Tanks sister) did mention him when she was talking to Link. Something about losing her two brothers (Dozer and Tank).

Read more here: http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,11831,00.html

Old Post May 28th, 2003 09:54 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The link I posted tells you all you need to know.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2003 09:55 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

That link doesn't work for me.

Old Post May 28th, 2003 10:26 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damien777

Well, DAMN...that is not right. Marcus was DENIED a great opportunity (to have such a SUCCESSFUL series under his belt), I realize that there are great opportunities for him in future roles...but, he really should have been in the sequels. Tank held his own in the FIRST MATRIX and survived!!! Tank really was full of energy...AND SURPRISES!!! It is a shame he and his character were so CHEAPLY written off...after all, if it wasn't for TANK saving Morpheous and crew...there would be no SEQUELS to speak of!!!

Regards,
D

Old Post May 29th, 2003 01:19 AM
Damien777 is currently offline Click here to Send Damien777 a Private Message Find more posts by Damien777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
squarn

that article said he was an anarchist

"Why suggest that either my faiths of anarchy must be chosen or my goals for profit." Marcus Chong from the eonline article

there is a god, and her name is Eris!!!

FNORD

Old Post May 29th, 2003 08:40 AM
squarn is currently offline Click here to Send squarn a Private Message Find more posts by squarn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HotPizza

Goddamnit. I loved tank. I agree with Damien totally, i hate it when characters get writ off like that with bearly any explanation and other something so petty as money!? Money shouldn't be an issue when working on something like the matrix. Oh well, Link's alright. Not as good as tank but he's okay he adds an element of innocence to the crew that i feel is lost with Neo realising himself as the one.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 10:49 PM
HotPizza is currently offline Click here to Send HotPizza a Private Message Find more posts by HotPizza Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Marcus Chong didn't so himself any favours with his attitude to things. Still, regardless of whether the film was the worst for it I believe the brothers were working on the principle that an actor should not set his own salary unless he is indispensable.

BtVS

Old Post May 29th, 2003 10:51 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The links not working for me either.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 03:06 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Duh! Silly me, THREE ts in 'boycott' and 'the'!

Sorry guys. Check it out NOW, then:

www.boycottthematrix.com

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:41 AM
evilelvis

when.............when will any of the forums here lead to the truth?

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:47 PM
evilelvis is currently offline Click here to Send evilelvis a Private Message Find more posts by evilelvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote