KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » How is Neo different from his predecessors?

How is Neo different from his predecessors?
Started by: patman69za

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
patman69za

Question How is Neo different from his predecessors?

Assuming Neo is the sixth anomoly, what drives him to be different from the others? There is something though, in response to the architect's first question, the architect says "that was quicker than the others". Later when he makes his choice between left and right Neo prsumably makes a choice different from the other anomolies - love, and the others had a more general response.

Also the Merovingian says "I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you", but he was surprised when Neo stopped his henchmen's bullets.

Lastly who is the mother of the matrix???

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 04:51 AM
patman69za is currently offline Click here to Send patman69za a Private Message Find more posts by patman69za Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

the 'mother of the matrix' as the archictect put it was the oracle. there is a lot of question as to whether he was lying, we really dont know.
and i think that his reaction was different to the previous peoples reactions, i think the other six chose to save zion, not their trinity. i dont know exactly, wait til raz or yersott or dexx or someone answer. they seem to know an awful lot big grin or alternatively you could just wait til revolutions.

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 07:11 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Neo is definately different than the others as it is pointed out by:

The Architect (Which you have already mentioned)

The Merovingian:

You're predescessors had much more respect &
Ooookay the boy has some skill (with an expression on his face as if he has never seen it happen before) EDIT: I just noticed you already said this after I typed it.

The Oracle:

You have made a believer out of me kiddo.
I know the only way to get there is together - which leads onto what I think the Oracle is doing

I think she used to be a bad *****...basically creating the Prophecy etc. But now I think she has turned exile just like the Keymaker etc. I believe this because:

a: When Neo, at the beginning of the film, does his Superman thing. He is visiting where the Oracle used to be (in the first film). But he then say's "Where are you?". Why wouldn't she be there if she is the Mother of the Matrix?

b: Why does she need a Guardian? (Seraph)

c: Why is she in a park in what seemingly looks like in the middle of a cheap area of the city. If you notice Seraph is keenly looking about the environment looking for danger. Then he knows Smith will appear so takes her away from danger smile

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 07:41 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

There are alot more I feel, but they are definately some of the major points.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 07:44 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Telemicus
Wasted

Neo is different from the previous ones as he has love, love for Trinity that is. Hence he chose not to reload the Matrix, a choice that no other one had made before.

I think love has quite a big theme to play in the Matrix, surely it's an emotion completely unknown to programs, which is why smith is so unique, he has hate, he is Neo's alter ego. Smith is as important as Neo i'm sure, they are different sides of the same coin...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 11:04 AM
Telemicus is currently offline Click here to Send Telemicus a Private Message Find more posts by Telemicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Telemicus
Wasted

As for the Oracle, I still think she's working for the Matrix, why else does she eat a red tracer pill (the candy she offers to Neo) before departing just before Smith finds them, coincedence?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 11:07 AM
Telemicus is currently offline Click here to Send Telemicus a Private Message Find more posts by Telemicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

BTW, there was never any idea that the Architect said the Oracle was the mother but might be lying. The Architect did NOT identify the Mother; he seemed to scoff at Neo's idea that it was the Oracle and the question ois over whether that means she is or is not.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 11:09 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

as neo talked to the oracle, he told her that he saw that door, made of light in his dreams. it is the door that he will pass later when he comes to the architect.
Then the oracle ask him what he sees after passing the door and he told her that he would see trinity. This is what he will do after the conversation with the architect. So the oracle know what he will do after meeting the architect. finally, before the oracle and seraph leave, she told neo that now, after their conversation she believes in him (sifer wrote this before) and it´s because she know that neo (as the real one) will not save zion. not yet.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 11:16 AM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Ushgarak I thought the same thing at first. But after watching the film about 10 times I feel the way he says it is simply mocking in a sense. Watch it a couple more times, you will know what I mean. I can't actually think of the word at the minute cause I have been awake for nearly 48 hours straight...LOL

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 11:24 AM
turin

when i first saw it i definetely thought the architect meant the oricle was the mother of the matrix, but gowing back for a second time i paid special attention to that part (as well as many other) and the architect does seem very harsh to the though of her being the mother.

back to the thread topic, it is not only love that makes him different, but it is also the link he has to a program which i assume no other versions of the one had. what i mean is that him and Smith are connected, which wasnt present in the other versions.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 02:40 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I wasn;t being decisive one way or another, Sifer, I was just mentioning it is a disputed point.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 02:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Fairy muff smile

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 02:43 PM
Telemicus
Wasted

It's like hamman says, we need machines and they need us. You can't have one without the other. I don't think we'll see the end of either in M3. Maybe something new, Smith holds the key...

Maybe Neo and Smith have a baby together..... er, sorry. : )

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 03:06 PM
Sifer

The Oracle also says:

All that matters is the future
And the only way we'll get there is together.

Or something similar.

She is trying to work towards peaceful coexistence?

I also believe Smith is the key smile

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 05:36 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

The previous Ones were most likely different from Neo, that is, they didn’t look like him, and didn’t have the same thoughts emotions etc. And they were YOUNGER.
In M1 we learn that Neo is actually too old to be unplugged, but Morpheus does so regardless.
And I agree with those who thinks the Oracle is a “good guy”. She’s on the run and has many enemies, it didn’t seem that way in M1. And to me it still looks as if the Architect scoffs at the name humans have given the mother of the Matrix.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 02:06 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
BTW, there was never any idea that the Architect said the Oracle was the mother but might be lying. The Architect did NOT identify the Mother; he seemed to scoff at Neo's idea that it was the Oracle and the question ois over whether that means she is or is not.

oh. sorry. well i only saw it once.
quote:
Originally posted by telemicus
As for the Oracle, I still think she's working for the Matrix, why else does she eat a red tracer pill (the candy she offers to Neo) before departing just before Smith finds them, coincedence?

oh was that a tracer pill she ate? i thought it was just candy.

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 02:28 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Telemicus
Wasted

Well, it may have been just candy, but it did look exactly like a red pill, I don't think the brothers would have had it that way without some significance.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 08:14 AM
MemphisG1

Nope the mother of the matrix is not the Mother...the Architect laughed when Neo said it was her...She is the chick that Neo kissed...The Merovingian Wife...As far as his predessors choosing to reload the matrix..there's no proof that they made that choice...they could have chosen the same part as Neo and just failed cause they didn't have the skills he possess...the matrix would have still reloaded...u can't trust every and any word that came out of the architect...rem he is evil and tries to control Neo's progress...trickster like...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 01:25 PM
MemphisG1 is currently offline Click here to Send MemphisG1 a Private Message Find more posts by MemphisG1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
patman69za

Love blinds all logic, what the architect has feared, thus this matrix will take a path that has never been trodden before, and maybe Neo's coma is him actually Neo evolving into something more. Or he has not left the matrix yet and is trapped in another reality and it is up to the remainder of the crew to save him.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 05:29 PM
patman69za is currently offline Click here to Send patman69za a Private Message Find more posts by patman69za Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

im sure you are right. but maybe the architect was scoffing cos it was obvious. i dont know. i cant remember.
but why is everyone saying its persephone? why would they think that (again, not disputing it. just wondering.)

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 10:36 AM