KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » There is only one Matrix people........

There is only one Matrix people........
Started by: Evil Dead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

There is only one Matrix people........

you guys are confusing as hell............there is only one Matrix program. it is the program that humans are supposedly "jacked" into to keep their minds fooled into thinking they are in the real world and have choice. That is the only Matrix, by defenition given by Morpheus in the first movie.

The "real world" is another computer program. It is either another program running parallel to the Matrix or a larger computer program that the Matrix is actually running inside of (much like your web browser is a smaller program running inside of your Microsoft Windows program).

I'm trying to read some people's posts and they have Matrix as every other word and it's kind of hard to understand exactly what they are saying.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 05:55 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor_Pessoba
Lulu's Man

Zion is a program

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 05:56 PM
Senor_Pessoba is currently offline Click here to Send Senor_Pessoba a Private Message Find more posts by Senor_Pessoba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I disagree..........I believe Zion is part of the same "real world" program which includes the fields of humans being grown, the power supply towers, and the sewage tunnels that lead everywhere........and to Zion. If Zion were it's own program they could not just fly through the tunnels into it, they would have to access it somehow.........much like they have to jack in to access the Matrix program.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 06:01 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

So basacly what you are saying is that you belive zion isn't real?!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 06:01 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

It isn't real..................nothing in either movie so far is real.

If Zion is real, Smith would not have been able to replicate himself into a human then exit the Matrix via hardline and attempt to kill Neo (with Knife before the Kid interrupts him)......Smith is a computer program......he is code........all he is is a bunch of ones and zeros......this would have no affect on a person outside of a computer program, so he couldn't control him.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 06:05 PM
Metroplex

zion isn't real because Neo's powers worked against the robots at the end and agent Smith somehow got into Zion. It is impossible for Neo to use his powers unless he is still in another matrix. And it is impossible for a program (smith) to leave the Matrix and enter Zion unless Zion is another Matrix

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 06:07 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Well my theory is that Smith downloaded himself just like they download the kung fu program.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 06:08 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I too argued the point that Neo used his powers to disable the sentinals at the end of the movie..........but I kept hearing people say that he actually did nothing, the approaching ship used it's emp to disable them.......I still believe Neo did it but we really don't know for sure so I don't use that reason anymore.

The Smith reason however is irrefutable.........a program (Smith) can only exist inside of a computer program.........since Smith existed in the "real world" we know for sure that the "real world" is just another computer program.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 06:11 PM
Metroplex

Well Neo said that he felt the machines coming, so his powers work in the real world.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 06:14 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

'Know for sure'.You are my new hero!
My friend you dont know nothing until you see the next movie.
the wash. bros can do whatever they want. its a movie.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 06:14 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Kes.........you are proving my point.......those downloads only work inside of computer programs.........the construct, the Matrix, training programs, etc...............if you notice when Neo said, "I know Kung Fu" and Morpheus said, "show me", the fought inside of a program.......not right there on the ship. Neo only knows Kung Fu inside of computer programs because the information is a code inside of his brain...just ones and zeros my friend.....you must be inside of a computer program to apply computer code. I can get the code for Microsoft windows and say it outloud or memorize it, I still can't turn my room into Microsoft Windows........I must use a machine (computer) that decyphers the code and displays it.......

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 06:16 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Based on both the rules of reality.......and the rules preordained in both Matrix movies I can say with confidence that the "real world" is a computer program........for sure. Ones and Zeros can not magically float through the air taking on the appearance of a man.......it can only be done inside of a computer program which decyphers the code for the ones and zeros to appear as a man.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 06:19 PM
FLIPMODE

Yes but dont you see, all the slaved people who were at one time within the Matrix has Port holes over the entire Body. Those alone ALLREADY make them Part Machine!

Those holes allow them to Connect to Machines. Those Port holes allowed Smith to attach himself to Bane. No Rocket science Needed. Every Matrix born Person will Allways have an attachment to the Matrix.

They're allready Part Machine!

So in actuality there's no reason why Somone as powerful as Neo, Would NOT be able to be as powerful in the the Matrix AND out. But he is the one, so there's your answer.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 06:26 PM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
Kes.........you are proving my point.......those downloads only work inside of computer programs.........the construct, the Matrix, training programs, etc...............if you notice when Neo said, "I know Kung Fu" and Morpheus said, "show me", the fought inside of a program.......not right there on the ship. Neo only knows Kung Fu inside of computer programs because the information is a code inside of his brain...just ones and zeros my friend.....you must be inside of a computer program to apply computer code.

They fight inside that program cause thats where he can bend the rules. thats where it matters!
Besides he knows the moves and stuff but only in the matrix would is body be strong enough.

quote:
I can get the code for Microsoft windows and say it outloud or memorize it, I still can't turn my room into Microsoft Windows........I must use a machine (computer) that decyphers the code and displays it.......

you cant compare real life to a movie.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 06:35 PM
Sifer

Please tell my why it isn't possible for a program (actually, he aint a program, he is a virus) ( very important reference: First Film, Smith Conversation with Captured Morpheus...listen to what Smith say's) to be uploaded to a Human Mind. If you remember what Neo says about what he felt when Smith was trying to change him.

Trinity: What was he doing?
Neo: I don't know, but I know what it felt like. It felt like I was back in that hallway. It felt like dying.

So this way Smith could kill the mind of the person while taking over it and using the body as a Shell. That brings me to my next point:

Watch Ghost in the Shell (movie) & Cowboy BeBop (series). Both Anime.

But another point:

It's possible to let your mind be downloaded into the matrix, but you can't upload a mind from it? It seems entirely plausible to me.

And another thing, how do you know that Neo ONLY knows Kung Fu inside the Matrix? There is no situation he has been in to prove otherwise.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 10:45 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Also, it is not that his powers work in the real world (I think). It is due to his mind being trapped between the Matrix and the Real world. This is found out in the game smile Also in the 2nd film in a sense:

"Although this process has altered your consciousness...you remain irrevocably human"

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 10:48 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

No, Zion is real. The arguments against that are:
1) How could Smith infect Bane and enter the real world?
2) How could Neo stop the sentinels?
We learn in M1 that the avatars in the Matrix are “mental projections of your digital self”. They are programs. Programs can be taken over by a virus as someone else already pointed out in this thread. Our thoughts are biochemistry and electricity. So Smith infected the Bane-program and downloaded himself into Banes mind.
In Enter the Matrix the Oracle tells Niobe, that Neos mind is caught between the real world and the virtual world, he touched the Source=machine mainframe=big remote control. After the visit to the Architect and after leaving the Matrix, part of Neos digital self was still IN the Matrix mainframe. That’s how he stopped the Sentinels.
And if Zion was just another part of the Matrix, why did Smith and co want the codes for Zions mainframe in M1? If the city was just another VR, why bother?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 01:53 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Agree!big grin So Zion is real!smile

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 01:55 AM
Excalibur

i think the real world is really real;-) if its not you can ask again: what is out of the "real World" why isn´t that, what is out of the "real world", another computerprogram? and you can go on and on this way and never come to an end. because of that i guess the wachowskis thought of something more exciting and something that let the story end.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 07:38 AM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I'll try to answer these in order:

1. Your mind can enter the Matrix because the Matrix is simply computer code that is transmitted through the ports in the person's body into electrical impulses......electrical impulses are the signals sent to our brain which controls the way we percieve reality. This allows the electrical impulses sent into the brain from the Matrix to fool the brain into thinking they are naturally occuring electrical impluses that we use everyday to see, hear, feel, etc.

This cannot be done in reverse as the human body has no program inside of it to decode a computer program and transform it into electrical impulses. The Smith program could not invade a human's body because the human body does not have software to read the code....a computer program is needed to decypher the code (like the Matrix.....it decyphers the code when a person is jacked into it).

I'm sure you've all played ROMs on your computer with an emulator......why won't roms work without an emulator?.....the code is there for the game....so why won't it just play? It won't because you need the program installed on your computer that decyphers this code...this program is called an emulator.

An easy analogy: Smith is a Rom.......the Matrix is an emulator.....Smith can exist in the Matrix because it decyphers the code for his program. He however can not exist in a real world because the human body does not have an emulator program to decypher his code...it has no programs at all......it has only a brain and nerves in which information travels throughout the body.

2. We still don't know if Neo actually stopped the Sentinals......it could have been the aproaching ships e.m.p. ................if he did, it is just as plausable that he realized that he was still inside of a computer program and used his powers to stop the sentinals as your explanation was.

3. Why do the agents want the codes for Zion in the first movie? Because that is their program.......in the Reloaded the architect tells us that Zion must be destroyed as it has the previous 5 times.......the agents are programmed to try to get the codes so this can happen......

or

The agents only function (as seen in the movies and the Animatrix shorts) is to stop people from waking up and realizing they are in a program (think of the Animatrix short "world record")........if they destroy Zion, there will be no more rebels hacking into the Matrix to free people's minds. There job will have been done................what makes you think that an agent program would even know that Zion was another program in the first place? Wouldn't they be more efficient if they thought Zion was real........that there was a real threat?.....programs only know what their function is.......they do not know what other programs in the same system's function is.............my solitaire program on my computer has no clue what the function of my Adobe photoshop program is...........if solitaire was programmed to try to stop me from opening Adobe Photoshop, it would try to do just that. Every program in the Matrix is a piece of a puzzle..........none know what the other's function's are (and they all have one as the Oracle says, "nothing is coincidence....everything serves a purpose") the only ones who can put the puzzle together are the audience.......we can because we see each program functioning and can realize their purposes........I'm sure the agents don't even know what Persephone's or the Oracle's functions are inside of the Matrix, but we do.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 12:36 PM