KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » It's happening exactly as before, well not exactly

It's happening exactly as before, well not exactly
Started by: nopy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nopy

Question It's happening exactly as before, well not exactly

In Smith's oppening appearence in reloaded after Neo whoops those three agents, two smiths turn up and say

Smith 1, Its happening exactly like before

Smith 2, Well not exactly

What is the significance of this, DOes this mean smith was there when neo Version 5 was manifested.

Thoughts on tis please !

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 08:34 PM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

We don't know how much Smith knows. I would be amazed if he knew it all because then he would have known that breaking Morpheus would NOT have gotten him out of the Matrix after all! Mind you, he could have learnt it all since going renegade. In any case, the difference this time- or at least one difference- is Smith himself.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 08:51 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crappybob
ww.crappybobandnicbig.com

Yes, last time I don't think Smith was copying himself all over the place. That is whats different.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 04:30 AM
Crappybob is currently offline Find more posts by Crappybob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I get the impression Smith knows many things. He knew about the first Matrix when he was talking to Morpheus in the first film...It seems that he knows certain key things but is missing the link on the rest. But since he has now become a virus, he seems to know much more...and definately things he shouldn't smile

One thing I do think though:- Smith is the key to the next film. That fight in the rain which is shown on the Teaser trailer is gonna be the big ending or final fight to decide what happens...whatever it may be. But I am pretty positive that no-one who has posted here will guess what will happen exactly (inlcuding me), the Wachowskis will give us a nice big surprise. (I have heard rumours the fight at the end with Smith and Neo takes place in the air as well as on the ground...now that WILL be something)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 07:16 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

So it'll be something like in DragonBall Z where they fight while flying? Cool!

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 07:22 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

and smith seems to become a much better fighter while becomig a virus. in revolutionsteaser you can see him fighting neo, and it looks like neo has hard problems to beat him.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 10:25 AM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Maybe as Neo is different from the other 1s when he blew up smith it made him different from his past incarnations.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 10:52 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nopy

We know that other programs that were exiles were not reloaded duriong previous runs of the matrix. Example, Oracle, merivingian, twins etc.

As smith is a program and his job is to trackdown rouge minds in thematrix, i would say he was there in at least the previous run of the matrix.

Smith's 'purpose' does not seem to have changed, he has always been tasked with trying to stop the one and he still wants to kill him.

In the rain scene in the trailer the small clip of the fight reminds me of the fight in the train staition in M1 ie Neo and Smith were pretty equally matched.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 10:59 AM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deimos_2003
Good Fur-nuthin' Slacker

It seems to me that Smith needs purpose. Even the other exiles have purpose - with the exception of the Merovingian who seems to do whatever the hell he likes. The two werewolf programs, for example (by the way, were they Cain and Abel? If so, it's a shame one of them died because they were good bad guys in Enter the Matrix) protect Persephone. The Twins do Merovingian's dirty work. Perhaps Smith has been an Agent for so long (possibly since the first Matrix) that his mind is irrevocably locked on his original purpose - hunting down and killing the rebels. In EtM he also has a go at Niobe and Ghost so he's not picking solely on Neo...

When he says that it is happening differently, I took that to mean the whole "path of the One" thing. Everything is happening as it did the last five times, except that Neo is slightly different. It is this difference that means that he acts in the opposite way to the other Ones when he meets the Architect.

Deimos

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 01:22 PM
Deimos_2003 is currently offline Click here to Send Deimos_2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Deimos_2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

It could mean that but what I think he means also is that what has happened to him is different - the whole virus thing smile

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 03:12 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

sifer, u say itll take place in the air? that means smith can fly now?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 03:19 PM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

They are the rumours I have heard yes. It actually shows Smith flying in both Revolutions Teasers.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 04:07 PM
Caliden

mayb it means thats Neo is able to kick agent ass but its different this time because smith knows he wont get owned by Neo this time as there is more of him, alot more

"I am the Alpha, of your Omega" - Agent Smith- enter the matrix

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 06:17 PM
Caliden is currently offline Click here to Send Caliden a Private Message Find more posts by Caliden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Maybe Smith is simply noting, that when Neo fought agents at the end of M1, one agent, namely Smith himself was destroyed, while during the fight at the beginning of M2, none are.
So it happened like before = agents fight the anomaly.
Not exactly = the agents are all still intact.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 07:11 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Another_Smithy

Smith seems to have gotten stronger from the tralier of Rev to Reloaded, maybe its because of his attempt to copy Neo?

Check out my fic "The Warrior to Unite"

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 11:29 PM
Another_Smithy is currently offline Click here to Send Another_Smithy a Private Message Find more posts by Another_Smithy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

it's obviously about the fact that there are more Smiths now.

"its happening exactly like before" -> we see one Smith now,
but when "well, not exactly" is said -> the camera pans to another Smith.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 01:50 PM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Yes, thats what I said!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 03:10 PM
Sifer

Also, remember he is not an Agent of the system anymore so therefore not limited to its boundries - Remember Morpheus' speech in the Agent Training Program in the Matrix?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 03:11 PM
rysdigital
the end has come

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
Also, remember he is not an Agent of the system anymore so therefore not limited to its boundries - Remember Morpheus' speech in the Agent Training Program in the Matrix?

indeed, i think the laughing scene at the Oracle's place has
something to do with this. for example, he realizes he has
become more powerful (a good reason for a bad guy to laugh
out loud like a madman).

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 03:31 PM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
They are the rumours I have heard yes. It actually shows Smith flying in both Revolutions Teasers.

kewl a dogfight!!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 05:08 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote