KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » http://www.matrix-explained.com/

http://www.matrix-explained.com/
Started by: Tomkat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tomkat

I posted about this before, but it needed a better title.

Everyone should check out this site, and read the entire page. It deals with many of the issues discussed on this board, and it is very well thought-out and very well written. So much so that I am now CONVINCED that it is correct.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 12:37 PM
Tomkat is currently offline Click here to Send Tomkat a Private Message Find more posts by Tomkat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Very smug, very long winded, merely repeats what others have said, analytically unimpressive. It is NOT a balanced argument. He is only answering the questions he can answer, and ignoring the ones that would give him trouble. And he ABSURDLY complicates the Architect's statement that they have become very efficient at destroying Zion by saying this suggests it used to take them more than a 100 years, which is an entirely dense statement.

Poor. Anyone can write a website that seems to support their own view but in debate they would not look so hot.

There is nothing new here.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 3rd, 2003 at 01:09 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 01:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tomkat

I disagree.

The site lists many counter-points and counter-arguments, and adresses them well.

It is a very balanced argument, better than ANY I have seen on these boards.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 01:10 PM
Tomkat is currently offline Click here to Send Tomkat a Private Message Find more posts by Tomkat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, he has made a vague attempt to make it LOOK balanced, but has really only included the important things that make HIS point of view look like the correct one.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 01:12 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tomkat

Ush,

It is no secret that we disagree on the Matrix theories. However, why are you so mean-spirited when describing any arguments that do not agree with your own?
You come across as very pompous and arrogant, and I hope for your sake your theories are correct, or you will look like the biggest @ss if they are not.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 01:14 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No need for you to get aggravated. I call it as I see it- his style is biased and poor and it is not good argument and I see no reason why that should change anyone's mind about anything.

Just look at it. He counters all the arguments that do not support the idea he likes but does not counter the ones that DO support it. And his counters are imperfect in any case. And that comment about him thinking the Architect meant that it used to take more than 100 years to destroy Zion alone is enough to convince me that there is no staggering insight coming from this man. He says nothing that we have not mentioned here a hundred times already.

So as I say, I find it poor. You present it as the ultimate answer to everything- I absolutely reject that assertion.

He does not include some of the very basic points made here about why Zion is real and how Neo was able to affect the sentinles. And "Who says Ockham was right'? What sort of nonsense argument is that?

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 3rd, 2003 at 01:20 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 01:18 PM
Tomkat

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
No, he has made a vague attempt to make it LOOK balanced, but has really only included the important things that make HIS point of view look like the correct one.

I disagree that the attempts are VAGUE, open -ended maybe, but at least he has ATTEMPTED to answer the counter-arguments. It cannot be helped that the answers are sometimes open-ended as no theory can be proven conclusively until the third film.

None of his arguments are ABSURD, or some not as strong as others? Sure. Absurd? Hardly.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 01:20 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Also:

"Please note: Whatever reason comes out, how Neo stopped the sentinels, arguments for Theory 3 remain valid."

Translated: If I am wrong I am going to say that, intellectually speaking, I was still right.

Pah...

And he has made no BALANCED attempt to address the counter-arguments. He has not attacked his OWN argument with the vigour he attacks others.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 01:21 PM
Tomkat

Ok Ush,

How about you create a similarly-styled webpage, outlining all of the same points and counter-points, and adress them with YOUR arguments and counter-arguments, and then let's see how convincing you can be with only theories (no proof) to base your arguments on?

I'm not saying the site is the definitive answer, I'm just saying it's a nice collection of arguments in one easy to reference site, much easier than sorting through alot of the junk on these boards.

Whether or not you agree with the arguments is not the point, the point that just about all of them are there in one place, at least.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 01:30 PM
Tomkat

quote:
.....He has not attacked his OWN argument with the vigour he attacks others.

Perhaps there is not enough "evidence" to do so without getting overly complicated or too speculative.

Remember 'The simplest explanations are the correct ones.'

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 01:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I don't need to; I have already made my arguments here and they have already been either accepted or rejected by the people here; I don't care SO much that I also have to make a webpage about it.

I personally do not think the site is well-written; quite the opposite but if people like using it then good for them.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 01:33 PM
Tomkat

quote:
I don't need to; I have already made my arguments here and they have already been either accepted or rejected by the people here; I don't care SO much that I also have to make a webpage about it.

I personally do not think the site is well-written; quite the opposite but if people like using it then good for them.

OK, I can respect that.

I respect your arguments, so much so that you almost had me converted to the "Only 1 Matrix" belief. Even though I am not "converted" stick out tongue I still wouldn't mind seeing all of your arguments in one place, especially in a "point, counter-point" type format. But for now, we'll just have to wait and see how it all turns out.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 01:39 PM
Korri

kewl website thanx 4 the link

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 03:45 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

OK...His arguments really aren't better than any of yours. I still believe the whole "Zion is for the 1% who reject the matrix" theory. It's all just another system of control.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 03:50 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

u have a point

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 04:55 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

I think that site is pretty much all of what was said here we the difference that nobody can dispute is theories! I agree with Ush. Just same more BS.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 05:18 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

kewl

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 05:47 PM
knnknn

Hi, I found this page in my logs. I am the webmaster of
matrix-explained.com

Hey, thank you that somebody likes my site :-)

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

quote:
merely repeats what others have said

This is not true. While I picked up all arguments I could find on the web, I made up a lot of theories (and counter-theories to my own theories) that I couldn't find ANYWHERE on the web.

quote:
He is only answering the questions he can answer

That is partly true. For some questions there are no relevant theories or counter-theories. But as soon as see the ideas coming in I add them to my site.

quote:
and ignoring the ones that would give him trouble.

Now, THIS is a very naughty statement.

There is no single theory that I have read somewhere that I didn't add. I have added all of them. You can write me an email and I will add your theory (if it's new) immediately to my site. In fact a lot of counter-arguments to my own theories have been added this way.

You can also post in my forum. And I have added a link to the Polls after each section so you can vote for each theory.

As I write on my site:
Please note that there is no single theory here I claim to be correct.
It is just a collection of theories from forums and blogs and me.
Thus I love to hear everything you disagree with!

quote:
And he ABSURDLY complicates the Architect's statement that they have become very efficient at destroying Zion by saying this suggests it used to take them more than a 100 years, which is an entirely dense statement.

Huh? Where?

quote:
"Please note: Whatever reason comes out, how Neo stopped the sentinels, arguments for Theory 3 remain valid."
Translated: If I am wrong I am going to say that, intellectually speaking, I was still right.
Pah...

This is not how it should be translated. It rather translates as

"The truth could be a combination of Theories 2-3. Thus if Theory 2 is true, it does not exclude Theory 3"

Last edited by knnknn on Aug 6th, 2003 at 12:53 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 12:34 AM
knnknn is currently offline Click here to Send knnknn a Private Message Find more posts by knnknn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

I think the page its pretty cool smile

madee by.. the one himself love

pascuaLaaa rockss! Iam not so bad..once u get to know me angel

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 01:13 AM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

I think people are too focused on too many possibly minor details of the matrix. For example, the black and asian thing. For Gods sake what is the big deal with this!! So there are minorities in the future! Do people really see this as that big an anomaly!?! Honestly, I think the brothers did it because most sci-fi future movies have hardly any minorities in it. And the wachowski's planned it just to **** with people. *rant over*

anywayz I have more to say but I'll save it. As for Persephone being the mom of the matrix, check out NickDirtyriders posts on what will happen in revolutions.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 02:30 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote