KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » An Oscar Performance?

An Oscar Performance?
Started by: GangusGrievous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

Question An Oscar Performance?

In your opinion, does the Matrix: Reloaded/Revolutions have a good chance to win an Oscar?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 02:30 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

visual effects, yes. anything else, no (except for something little like editing or costumes or whatever).

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 02:37 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

wut about Original Score?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 02:42 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

was it an original score? i thought most of that music already existed. but even if it was elligible for original score (it could be, i don't know), i doubt the academy cares much for techno music.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 02:58 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DRvoodoo
No...

its not all about the music ...its about the ideas and ...well ...look at all these threads about it smile

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 03:50 AM
DRvoodoo is currently offline Click here to Send DRvoodoo a Private Message Find more posts by DRvoodoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

Well I still think that it's original, cus I havnt heard it anywhere else

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 04:11 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

The Matrix win Oscars? eek! laughing out loud eek! laughing out loud eek!

Oh Christ, I'm going to be sick sick sick sick

Actually it could take one home for special effects. But the Matrix movies is quite possibly the biggest collaboration of horrible actors in holywood history.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 04:33 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

I beg the differ, maybe that commander Locke guy was terrible and maybe Will Smith's wife was bad too, but everyone else were pretty good. Keanu Reeves is da bomb. smile beer beer

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 04:41 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

never

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 05:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

i think it might win for visuals. but thats it... just like how LOTR will get snubbed again this year... the academy sucks

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 05:23 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

very true wink

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 05:25 AM
nickjs21

listen, if you're gonna stand by your opinion that the matrix deserves OSCARS other than effects, and go so far as to give kudos to keanu's acting . . . than that's slightly fanatical.

i mean . . . it's KEANU REEVES. yeesh. if he wins an oscar, i'm speeding to church to make peace with my maker before the world ends.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 05:34 AM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

#1. Reloaded will probably win a few non-televised Oscars........just like they did last time with the first movie.

#2. Cast win Oscars? Hell no..........The Academy only recognizes girly type movies most of the time........long drawn out love stories or dramas in general. If you have an action scene in your movie, you won't even be nominated.

#3. Are the actors bad? No........except Carrie Anne Moss.......I havn't seen her in anything else that I can recall and she doesn't impress me much in the Matrix.

Keanu Reeves.........Versatile.........he can play Ted Logan in the Bill and Ted movies ......or play in stupid sweet drama movies like A Walk in the Clouds............he can play characters like Kevin Lomax in the Devil's Advocate...........and he can play dry roles like Neo.......very wide range he has.

Larry Fishburn........Great Actor.......watch the movies: Boyz in the Hood, A Nightmare on Elm St. 3, Always Outnumbered Always Outgunned, Deep Cover............Morpheus is actually the worst role he's ever played.

Jada Pinkett........she was decent in Demon Knight I guess.....other than that , the only reason you even know her name is because she is married to Will Smith.

Hugo Weaving..........I like him.........dry delivery.....good actor.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 12:41 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

quote:
Originally posted by chica16
i think it might win for visuals. but thats it... just like how LOTR will get snubbed again this year... the academy sucks

the academy sucks indeed!!
i dont think m2 or m3 will get oscars for visual effects. GOLLUM WILL TAKE ITwink I mean, i think the LOTR (ROTK) visual effects are much better than the matrix-effects.
Maybe they got some awards for the script or the soundeffects..

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 02:16 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

quote:
Originally posted by AliasNeo15
wut about Original Score?

"Original Score"??? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud big grin big grin laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

howard shore wil got one. but not don davis.
i mean the soundtrack is not that bad. but not really new. its a cliché. and most of it is juno reactor, or rob dougan and other songs.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 02:20 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Originally posted by Evil Dead
#2. Cast win Oscars? Hell no..........The Academy only recognizes girly type movies most of the time........long drawn out love stories or dramas in general. If you have an action scene in your movie, you won't even be nominated.

Lots of movies with action scenes have won Oscars.

Keanu Reeves.........Versatile.........he can play Ted Logan in the Bill and Ted movies ......or play in stupid sweet drama movies like A Walk in the Clouds............he can play characters like Kevin Lomax in the Devil's Advocate...........and he can play dry roles like Neo.......very wide range he has.

If he could just stop saying "wow"! lol

I dont think they win the major ones. If the 1st movie didn't this wont either. Maybe special effects and sound.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 03:34 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

I still believe that it can win more then just sound. Plus, think of another movie coming out this year for the Oscars that has a better actor then what Keanu did in Reloaded. Maybe versatile, but he also put out a good performance in this movie.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 03:53 PM
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by nickjs21
i mean . . . it's KEANU REEVES. yeesh. if he wins an oscar, i'm speeding to church to make peace with my maker before the world ends.

nobody else could play the part of neo...the film wudnt be the same without him *sigh* love

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 04:12 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

ya, who else would play it, Alex Winter from Bill and Ted?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 04:13 PM
Kes
Philie

You guys say that cos you saw the movie with him and know cant see anybody else doing it. Thats all.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 04:15 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote