KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Architect...

The Architect...
Started by: Ikobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

The Architect...

Well, this is probably really wrong and pointless but I'll spin it anyway.

The Oracle says that the programs that are doing their jobs are invisible (obviously the Agents need a physical form for destruction and combat, but the rest of the time, 'they are no-one', floating around in the Matrix, uh, invisible, apart from Smith, who's an exile, and can't disappear any more)- the exiles are visible (herself, the Keymaker, Seraph, etc.) - but the Architect, he's most certainly a program, isn't he? H e says that "we are getting exceedingly efficient at it [destroying Zion]", so I'm assuming he's a machine/AI/a program of some sort. However, he has his own image - is this simply because he's The Architect and he can generally do that kind of thing... or is he, in himself, an exile?

~AI

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 06:30 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crisis
Mr.Keanu Dude

On enter the matrix , theres a level on the highway, and an Agent says
" We should return to the primary target, the exile" maybe he means the Architect??

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 06:33 PM
Crisis is currently offline Click here to Send Crisis a Private Message Find more posts by Crisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Nah, he's talking about the Keymaker... in Reloaded, they start chasing after Trin, but give up to go back for him 'cause she's "unimportant". They'll have wished they hadn't said that when she kicks some serious arse later on, na?

~AI

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 06:40 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crisis
Mr.Keanu Dude

Morpheus Kicks butt cool

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 06:48 PM
Crisis is currently offline Click here to Send Crisis a Private Message Find more posts by Crisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Programs inside of the Matrix who do their jobs correctly are invisible..........

The Architect does NOT exist inside of the Matrix..........he is inside of the source, the system's mainframe........he designed the Matrix, how can he design it if he himself is inside of it?

As I said, the architect is inside of the source..not the Matrix.........the answer was so simple that they even gave it to us flat out in Reloaded.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 07:11 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

So, Backstage isn't technically the Matrix? I figured what I figured on a whim last night (so that'll explain the wrong-ness of it wink) 'cause Neo is in the Matrix when he goes through the door of light and meets the Architect... there are the two doors, one that leads to Trinity and the other to the Source, so I thought that the Architect was actually in the Matrix if the Source was through the door (on the right... I think).

~AI

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 07:14 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Neo doesn't actually go through the door of light if you noticed.......he is somehow sucked into it...........he is absorbed through it....like he is travelling through a wire.........then the architect says, "although the process has altered your perception, you still remain irevokably human".......

then Neo must take a door to get back to the Matrix.......

The source is not part of the Matrix........just like the programmers maintanence passage (white hallway) is not part of the Matrix.........this is why Link cannot see them when they are in either, he can only see what is inside of the Matrix because he's only looking at the code for that one program.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 07:33 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

So, the place where the Architect is, is neither The Matrix or The Source...? Because the worlds are either side of the room with all the TVs. Plus personally I'd be quite disappointed if the source was just that - a room of TVs. It could just be another pogram the Architect had written for the event of the One (assumedly) returning to the Source. I dunno.

~AI

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 07:36 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

The architect's room is the source............from the source there are two doors.........one that leads to the system's mainframe and another that leads to the Matrix program.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 07:50 PM
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Right. Right. I'm not stupid. I'm not. Honest. I just take a while to catch on. Not stupid. Just... *disappears*

~AI

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 07:55 PM
rysdigital
the end has come

nope, the source is behind the right door, it is NOT the architect's room.

the architect's room is just another program, not plugged into the matrix, just like the zion white room (from another topic).

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 10:14 PM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Also, the Architect says:

Although this process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human.

He doesn't say perception - quite a difference so I had to point it out smile

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 10:31 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

When the Oracle says invisible it’s not in the literal sense of the word. Houses, birds, cars, agents, and other programs doing what they’re supposed to just BLEND IN with the surroundings. The humans don’t see them as PROGRAMS.

The Architect wouldn’t be taken for anything than an elderly man should he decide to take a stroll down some lane or other. The room where Neo meets this Architect and the programmers back-doors are still programmed stuff, they’re just not part of the Matrix VR world that the rebels hack into. Neo is most certainly NOT outside the virtual reality when he goes through the back-doors, but he is somewhere between the VR and the actual physical main-frame machine computer when he visits the Architect.
The two doors leads the Source (The Architect says as much) and back to the part of the VR we know as The Matrix. If Neo had really been inside the Source the matrix would’ve been reset.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 01:45 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

um..........the architect's room is indeed the source.......if the movie Reloaded doesn't convince you then play ETM..........the oracle tells Niobe that Neo's mind and body have been separated because he touched the source............

Neo travelled to the source.......met the architect.......then had a choice to make. From there he could either enter the mainframe or he could go back to the Matrix.........he chose the Matrix.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 02:21 AM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
um..........the architect's room is indeed the source.......if the movie Reloaded doesn't convince you then play ETM..........the oracle tells Niobe that Neo's mind and body have been separated because he touched the source............

Neo travelled to the source.......met the architect.......then had a choice to make. From there he could either enter the mainframe or he could go back to the Matrix.........he chose the Matrix.

Jeez when you put it like that it kinda makes him sound like cypher

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 09:15 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by Ikobe
Right. Right. I'm not stupid. I'm not. Honest. I just take a while to catch on. Not stupid. Just... *disappears*

~AI

aww hen...u cannae be as mashed in the head as me smile

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 12:32 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead

i noticed that, it's an inconsistency, since the architect says:

"there are 2 doors. the one on your right leads to the source and the salvation of zion..."
leads to, implying the architect's room isn't (part of) the source.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 07:01 PM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

EvilDead> “Touched the source”. Not “in” the Source. Watch Matrix Reloaded. The Architect says, that “that” door leads to the Source an the salvation of Zion. He “touched” the Source when he went through the door made of light.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 11:22 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote