KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Matrix prequel????

The Matrix prequel????
Started by: hodgie723

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hodgie723
The One

Angry The Matrix prequel????

I have been hearing rumors about the Wachowski Bros. are making a prequel to The Matrix movies. Have you heard anything about that? If so or if not, what do you think would be a really good plot if there would be a prequel?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 11:48 PM
hodgie723 is currently offline Click here to Send hodgie723 a Private Message Find more posts by hodgie723 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

Re: The Matrix prequel????

.... what its prequel?? embarrasment

madee by.. the one himself love

pascuaLaaa rockss! Iam not so bad..once u get to know me angel

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 01:23 AM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

it's a sequel whose time frame takes place before the original.

see also star wars: episode 1, the phantom menace.

hodgie: guessing by the smilie in your post, i take it you're not open to the idea of a prequel? personally, i don't think there's a need for one. seems like a lot of money thrown into a pointless project. i have, though, heard rumors about comic books, novels, etc. that would expand on the matrix movies. just like all that star wars fiction we've got out there. although it would be pretty hard to get matrix-effect action sequences into books, a comic series could do it nicely. and for a lot less than a movie.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 02:15 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

yea they made a prequel, its the second reneissance

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 03:39 AM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crisis
Mr.Keanu Dude

a prequel would be cool, see how trinity and morpheus get unplugged from the matix, the second reneissance isn't a prequel , its the story of how the matrix was created.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 06:08 AM
Crisis is currently offline Click here to Send Crisis a Private Message Find more posts by Crisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hodgie723
The One

Stovenutts, for the love of God, try to be reasonable.

Yea nick, i have heard about the novels and comic books as well. Now tell me, IF they were to make a prequel.. what do you think it would be about? The past Ones? Morpheus? Neo as a teenager and him cooping with how he feels about how something is wrong with the world? Or something completly different. Tell me what you think.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 06:31 AM
hodgie723 is currently offline Click here to Send hodgie723 a Private Message Find more posts by hodgie723 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crisis
Mr.Keanu Dude

i think it should be called the matrix restarted

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 06:34 AM
Crisis is currently offline Click here to Send Crisis a Private Message Find more posts by Crisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
My name is Neo

imo if revolutions ain't good, the whole trilogy will be considered bad, you gotta start good and end good. There is no point to make a prequel if you can't get it right the first time, i won't even watch it if revolutions is bad.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 07:17 AM
My name is Neo is currently offline Click here to Send My name is Neo a Private Message Find more posts by My name is Neo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

I think that really, Sec Ren is bascially the prequel to the whole Matrix world... though perhaps a more in-depth-and-more-personal-to-the-main-character prequel, or anime, would be alright...

~AI

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 11:25 AM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I believe there will definetly be more Matrix movies.........with or without the Wachowski Bros. involved.........

Warner Bros. made something stupid like $400 million dollars profit from the first movie.............Reloaded and Revolutions were shot together with one budget, Reloaded alone has already made over $400 million dollars profit........and Revolutions hasn't even come out yet.....every dime Revolutions makes will be profit.

Those profit figures are only the box office takes world wide.........that's not even counting the after market profits they recieved from video, dvd, t shirts, posters, action figures, etc..........

Warner Bros. will surpass 1 billion dollars profit from the matrix quite easily..........if Revolutions does the same numbers Reloaded did then it will be closer to 1.5 Billion dollars profit.........

I think that pretty much makes it a no brainer that there will be more Matrix movies..........even if the Wachowski bros. are not involved......Warner Bros. owns the rights to the series and name and they are a company who's sole purpose is to make money. They will keep making Matrix movies untill it is no longer profitable.

that said.......

I think a couple good movies (prequels) would be..........

Second Rennaisance.......show the story from the beginning of the war....B166ER's trial.....the machines attempt at peace.....and finally the war.........all without the narration by the Zion computer ofcourse......

Trinity.......we know how Neo was freed.......they could go back and give Trinity's story.......

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 11:44 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

I can see that it might be good, but I'm not quite sure how well the Matrix genre would go without the Wachowski driving force and isnpiration behind it, sadly.

~AI

PS. Bring on the action figures, yeah!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 12:11 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

ohh more films woho!!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 12:20 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scifigunslinger

I don't think there is any need for a prequel, I think they just wanna milk the cow completely. But, it would be cool to see a prequel. I think a cool plot would be a movie about Morpheus' earlier years.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 05:52 PM
scifigunslinger is currently offline Click here to Send scifigunslinger a Private Message Find more posts by scifigunslinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

milk the cow..well put Llaughing out loudL

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 05:53 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nickjs21

in all likelihood, any movies after revolutions would probably not have any of the core actors in it (fishburne, moss, reeves). maybe fishburne and moss, but hasn't reeves said revolutions is it for him? i coulda sworn i've read that somewhere. so, most likely, a prequel movie wouldn't follow any of the pasts of our main three unless warner bros wanted to risk using other actors for the role. and that would be risky. of course, if they waved enough cash at them i'm sure they could entice fishburne and moss back. so who knows?

i'd like to see their stories. but i'd be more interested in seeing, say, other versions of the matrix. previous ones. they'll need lots of action to draw in wary fans, so i don't think they'd focus on thomas anderson's life.

just my two cents.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 06:14 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

if they make a prequel it will not be as good as the original... that being said it would still make oodles of cash. and thats what really matters! just ask george lucas.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 06:36 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

quote:
Originally posted by Alias Neo
the second reneissance isn't a prequel , its the story of how the matrix was created.

quote:
Originally posted by Alias Neo
it's a sequel whose time frame takes place before the original.

Wait...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 07:07 PM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Whats "the second reneissance " a book film or what?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 07:10 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crisis
Mr.Keanu Dude

the second reneissance is a story on The Animatrix-a load of short storys based on the matrix

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 07:16 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

... and its rubbish.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 07:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote