KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Golf goes Matrix!!!!!

Golf goes Matrix!!!!!
Started by: Tomkat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tomkat

Golf goes Matrix!!!!!

Did anyone happen to watch the "Battle at the Bridges" golf special last night? (Tiger Woods and Ernie Els vs. Sergio Garcia and Phil Mickelson) The show's opening production had a "Matrix" theme to it!

For example....

All the players were wearing black leather and dark sunglasses.

Screen shots of Matrix code spelling out the player's names.

"Bullet time" slo-mo shots of golf swings and player's dodging flying golfballs.

Shot of two hands offering blue and red golf balls.

Numerous movie-scene clips from "Reloaded."

Player highlights shown on numerous screens as in the Architect's room.

Jack Nicklaus as "The Architect"...appropriate because he designed the golf course where they were playing.

But the best one was....

Tiger woods playing out the scene as Neo holding up his and and stopping the bullets, but the "bullets" were golfballs instead!

It was awesome and very well done! Hope someone else saw it besides me!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 03:24 PM
Tomkat is currently offline Click here to Send Tomkat a Private Message Find more posts by Tomkat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

Crap. I wish I had it sounds funny.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 03:45 PM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

lol

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 04:26 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tomkat

I wish more people had seen it! They really went all out to make it look as much like the real movie as possible. They even made the movie clips from Reloaded sorta "interactive." For example...right after they showed a shot of Ernie Els dodging a golfball in slo-mo, they show the clip of Trinity saying "That's a nice trick" from when she first sees The Twins, but it's edited so she appears to be saying it to Ernie! The production was definitely top-notch, and they kept the theme throughout the rest of the show with Matrix-themed graphics and such!
I wish I had taped it!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 06:20 PM
Tomkat is currently offline Click here to Send Tomkat a Private Message Find more posts by Tomkat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

maybe some website out there has the clip ready for download... maybe the official pga golf site... i'll go hunting...

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 06:23 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

I gotta see this

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 06:24 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

i have to wait till i go home... my work firewall is not allowing me to goto sites that may have the commercial.... and i hate going on the pc at home... but i do want to see that. stay tuned

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 06:30 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tomkat

I e-mailed ABC inquiring if they could make the opening production available for online viewing, but I have yet to receive a response. I'll keep everyone posted.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 06:34 PM