KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Zero Wastes His Breath

Zero Wastes His Breath
Started by: Mr Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Zero Wastes His Breath

Y'know what you guys need - other than a girlfriend and better skin - you need someone with good taste in comics to steer you towards the good stuff you may not have picked up. Someone who you have come to respect both as popular figure at KMC, an arbiter of good taste and fine judgement and someone who you look up to, maybe even consider a personal friend.

Tough, you don't got that, you got me.

I know you are all addicted to your "men-in-tights" super-books. Yay batman! Yay X-men! Yay those superfreaks - we all love them, but it's not the whole story - so once in a while I'm going to tell you what the real cool kids are reading, and if you can get over the fact that it doesn't have a chick with big ya-yas in a skin tight top in it, you might want to at least pick it up off the rack for a look see.

I wanted to call this thread "Let go of your dick for a second fanboy" but I figured Paola would shut me down - so instead we can call it "Zero wastes his breath" ("LGOYDFASF" for short.)

I'll post my first tip soon. Not sure what rag it will be, but you may want to try to prepare yourself for the fact that Venom probably wont be in it.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 12:48 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

i dunno zero this doesnt seem like a godd idea.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 12:53 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, your so called taste in comics in merely opininated. though i am not much of a comic cat anymore i believe most mainstream comics are just tired and recycled crap. I think the best comics worth reading are not from Marvel, or D.C. this is just my opinion though. I am not going to pass it off as good taste in comics. I am not an x-men fan or superman fan anymore, but i recognize that i ounce was,and everyone has their journey through the world of comics. Even die hard fanboy's will graduate to matured reading in comics one day. well most times they do, or just lose interest all together, or yes become the comic book guy from the simpsons.

i know your probably overflowing with sarcasm. I am not totaly disagreeing with you. There are many great comics at the comic shop, that some people wont touch because it isnt a revognizable superhero in tights. you have to remember though that many of the concepts in the more mature comics are not very relatable or just not comprehensive to younger comic fans, so they stick to spiderman and the x-men which keep giving the readers the same metaphors they have since the beginning. I htink the best tip to give someone is to just break away from standard comic companies and see what else their is.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 01:35 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

i like dreamwave comics stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:30 AM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Yeah, your so called taste in comics in merely opininated. though i am not much of a comic cat anymore i believe most mainstream comics are just tired and recycled crap. I think the best comics worth reading are not from Marvel, or D.C....I think the best tip to give someone is to just break away from standard comic companies and see what else their is.

OI!!!!! Well said! I never liked to stick to Marvel and DC. Really, they aren't even my favorite.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:16 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

i personally dont like DC, but Marvel has always been a favorite of mine.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:18 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

BATMAN ROCKS HARD!!!!!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:33 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

WTF? At least wait till i post something before you all start bleating like lost sheep.

Shooo! get out of my thread you bratty kids.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:34 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Okay then.I wanna hear what u have to say...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:38 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jetspike
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:42 AM
jetspike is currently offline Click here to Send jetspike a Private Message Find more posts by jetspike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by jetspike
i dont

come back when you have an avitar noodle boy.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:43 AM
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

hahaha! "noodle boy"? well, Zero, you have some interesting insults.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:45 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jetspike
Restricted

Account Restricted

mr. zero has no balls.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:57 AM
jetspike is currently offline Click here to Send jetspike a Private Message Find more posts by jetspike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

like you would know what balls are...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:59 AM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by jetspike
mr. zero has no balls.

It's true -

But you're still calling me Mr.

aintcha noodle.

Eh?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:59 AM
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
WTF? At least wait till i post something before you all start bleating like lost sheep.

Shooo! get out of my thread you bratty kids.

I diddnt need to hear any of your arogant or biased opinions on comics. I got the point of your tunnel vision from your introduction.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 05:22 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

zero, you remind me of Newsgroup from bluntman and chronic, just don't start using the word "bollocks" every few words.
as for comics, i tend to stick to the people who actually are better writers: kevin smith, Anne Nocenti, Frank Miller, Brian Bendis, David Mack, and Alan Moore in the tights and fights realm, Jhonen Vasquez Tom Tomorrow, and Robert Crumb for other comics, and Elizabeth Wurtzel (whom I've met and is an incredibly nice person), Gabriel Garcia Marquez, George Orwell, Auldus Huxley, Samuel Beckett, William Shakespeare, and JD Salinger for traditional literature

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 08:41 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Mr Zero i see ur point. But ur arogance makes me wanna rip ur head off smile

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 09:39 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont see his point...but yeah, i still want to rip his head off.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 12:01 PM
Magee

Yea actualy i dont either. People can read whatever comics they want, and if u dont like that, then who cares?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 01:39 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote