KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Batman Begins or Sin City?

Batman Begins or Sin City?
Started by: Lord Melkor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Melkor

Batman Begins or Sin City?

Which film is better in your opinion?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 10:13 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

Sin City

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:15 PM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Why? I haven`t seen any, but I might have to choose between those.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 10:29 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Batman barely...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 10:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Batman is the best comic book super-hero movie ever made. Sin City is the best comic book movie ever made. Don't get me wrong, I loved Batman Begins, but it pales in comparison to the masterpiece known as Sin City.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 10:50 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Myth
Batman is the best comic book super-hero movie ever made. Sin City is the best comic book movie ever made. Don't get me wrong, I loved Batman Begins, but it pales in comparison to the masterpiece known as Sin City.

masterpiece? thats going a bit far isnt it?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 11:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by pr1983
masterpiece? thats going a bit far isnt it?

Not at all, I totally agree with Myth on that one.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:36 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Solo
Not at all, I totally agree with Myth on that one.

its a very good movie, but masterpiece? i do think thats a little ott...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 03:41 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Definitely Batman Begins... Sin City sucked IMO

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 04:33 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Sin City. Yes, it is a masterpiece.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 04:47 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_A_R_E
Heiress of Darkness

Batman Begins. I hated Sin City.

"I'll take the world when it turns on you. I'll set it on fire.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 04:56 AM
D_A_R_E is currently offline Click here to Send D_A_R_E a Private Message Find more posts by D_A_R_E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mavic19

As an art film: sin city was great. No complaints from me. It was a great adaptation of the graphic comic and Rogdriguez did a wonderful job with the cinematography and such. As a comic book film, I found Batman begins to be far more enjoyable. After years of sh1tty hollywood adaptations, this new Batman finally set the record strait. Batman Begins has summoned huge sighs of relief from all of us fans of the Dark Knight and I applaud Nolans success in doing so. Both are great films, but I give my nod to BB.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:35 AM
mavic19 is currently offline Click here to Send mavic19 a Private Message Find more posts by mavic19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I liked them both...and I've never read Sin City and I'm not a huge Batman fan.

I'd give the nod to BB. IMO, it's the best Batman film ever (including the original). I was actually able to identify with Bruce for a change, and thought they did a good job mixing drama with action. Bale was solid as the Bat, and Freeman, Caine, and Neeson were all priceless in their smaller roles. Not without flaws, but a surprisingly good film.

Like I said, I liked SC too, but somehow didn't 'enjoy' it as much, even if I can attest to its cinematic brilliance.

-DM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:12 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joazinho
A friend of musashi_sw

SIN CITY!!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 01:23 PM
joazinho is currently offline Click here to Send joazinho a Private Message Find more posts by joazinho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Batman Begins...by far the best live action batman movie...until the next one comes out that is.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:11 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Problems with Batman;

Action was sensored by camera angles that were too tight.
Gordon was comic relief.
Picky writers couldn't decide what parts to stay true to and what parts to alter, considering budget wasn't much of a problem.
Bale tried a little too hard to do the voice.
The mask could have been a little better.

Problems with Sin city;

It wasn't 4 hours longer.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 10:57 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DemonXangelX

definatly sin city

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 11:16 AM
DemonXangelX is currently offline Find more posts by DemonXangelX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Of course Batman Begins

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:37 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Batman nana nana nana Batman

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:38 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Batman Begins, lol I think calling Sin City a master piece is a little over board in my own. I mean dont get me wrong it was a great movie, but Batman just had more to it.

Both great movies and were much needed to the comic book movie franchise.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:45 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote