KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Justice League Movie!!

Justice League Movie!!
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

Justice League Movie!!

I guess they are going to try and push for a justice league movie, to compete with the avengers. but according to EP Daily, Christian Bale will not be doing Batman.

I'm a little worried about this, why not get Bale, and wait and see if the new superman is anygood before they push it forward?

Here's a link to one webstie reporting it.
http://www.moviesonline.ca/2011/03/...e-league-movi/#

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:32 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Because Bale won't fit in a JLA movie. They're rebooting Batman after Dark Knight rises, and the Superman in JLA won't be Henry Cavill.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 09:36 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i think marvel is doing the right thing.. they're casting the characters from their respective movies and putting them together in avengers movie.. they have been putting in the ground work by giving the main characters the proper intro.. a stand alone justice league movie could be a trilogy to tie in the death of superman.. other than that, DC should go the marvel route..

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 10:37 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Because Bale won't fit in a JLA movie. They're rebooting Batman after Dark Knight rises, and the Superman in JLA won't be Henry Cavill.

you know a whole lot of people get mad at me when i say this but while i live bales batman im happy for a re-boot....they can do the comic book friendly batman but do it better then burton and then a jla! that would be awesome....along with this is the flash script up for discussion....so i assume his movie would be tied into the justice league movie.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 10:42 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

So they cancelled this movie a few years ago because they realized the folly of having different actors playing Superman and Batman in different film series...but now they think it's OK??

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 02:29 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I'm okay with a different cast. I like the Nolan/Bale Batman, but don't see him on a JLA team with characters who have super powers.

If it's done right, it should be worth watching.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:09 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by super pr*xy
i think marvel is doing the right thing.. they're casting the characters from their respective movies and putting them together in avengers movie.. they have been putting in the ground work by giving the main characters the proper intro.. a stand alone justice league movie could be a trilogy to tie in the death of superman.. other than that, DC should go the marvel route..

The problem is this can ruin the stand-alone movies. Look at Iron Man 2... That movie was terrible because they were pushing the Avengers plot rather than the Iron Man one.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:36 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

TBH, I think that the DC characters can for the most part get away with having more than one actor playing certain characters. People like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and even the likes of Flash and Aquaman are recognisable by their costumes; i don't think many people are going to get THAT confused with two actors playing the role of the same hero.

DC is doing sort of the opposite of the Marvel route, by using a JLA movie to launch people like Flash and Wonder Woman in to their own movies. And to be honest, I can see the logic in such a move.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:47 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Aside from the Batman movies Marvel is handing DC their ass at the box office and now they're just starting to grasp at straws with this, the new WW tv show and of course being so desperate to hold onto the one good franchise they have going for them with Nolan, Bale and everyone leaving after the next one. They already planning a Batman reboot before the next film is even finished and ready for release!

They should instead be taking a cue from Marvel and try giving some of their other characters a decent shot with actors that fit the parts and writers/directors that actually care about these characters and are willing to do them justice like Nolan did with Batman and Favreau did for Iron Man and I believe Whedon will do for the Avengers. Take time to do the films right for the fans that made them famous and not just for a biggest opening weekend. Then work it into the movies to be intertwined into a huge JLA production.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 07:43 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by ares834
The problem is this can ruin the stand-alone movies. Look at Iron Man 2... That movie was terrible because they were pushing the Avengers plot rather than the Iron Man one.

I enjoyed Ironman 2. And it only hinted at the Avengers initiative at the end.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 10:07 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

if DC thinks they can treat their live action films like their animated direct-to-DVD ones - where every version is in it's own separate continuity - I think they are mistaken.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 12:58 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Badabing
I'm okay with a different cast. I like the Nolan/Bale Batman, but don't see him on a JLA team with characters who have super powers.

If it's done right, it should be worth watching.

I really like Bale as Batman but no matter who plays him Batman still doesn't have super powers and he doesn't in the cartoons either so that doesn't matter.

IMO they should push for Bale for Batman, and see how the new superman plays out, and if it's any good get Renolds for green lantern.
Have some continuity, instead of recasting and rushing it. lets see one flash movie and wonderwoman movie and then in 5 years do a JLA movie with Bale and renolds.

And to reboot something that doesn't need rebooting like Nolans batman is crap.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 04:24 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by the ninjak
I enjoyed Ironman 2. And it only hinted at the Avengers initiative at the end.

Nah. Remeber the entire Black Widow plot, stupid shit like this prevented them from focusing on Stark.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 05:37 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by ares834
Nah. Remeber the entire Black Widow plot, stupid shit like this prevented them from focusing on Stark.

No, the part of the plot involving her was in support of what was going on around Stark. It's not like she was acting in a completely different movie.

And we've been seeing it since the first Iron Man - story threads that are hinting towards the coming Avengers movie. All the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe are doing it. It's what makes it different from watching X-Men and Fantastic Four, all locked away in their own film continuity. I'm preferring it this way.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 06:51 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I really like Bale as Batman but no matter who plays him Batman still doesn't have super powers and he doesn't in the cartoons either so that doesn't matter.

IMO they should push for Bale for Batman, and see how the new superman plays out, and if it's any good get Renolds for green lantern.
Have some continuity, instead of recasting and rushing it. lets see one flash movie and wonderwoman movie and then in 5 years do a JLA movie with Bale and renolds.

And to reboot something that doesn't need rebooting like Nolans batman is crap.

batman fit in, in the cartoon.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 09:21 PM
darthmaul1

batman fit in, in the cartoon.

Agreed, just because he doesn't have powers doesn't mean he wont fit in the movie or the cartoon for that matter.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 09:26 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Agreed, just because he doesn't have powers doesn't mean he wont fit in the movie or the cartoon for that matter.

exactly. the only problem is that batman in the cartoons was altered to be able to work at that level. bale would need to be radically different than he was in tdk, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 09:28 PM
ares834

Originally posted by roughrider
No, the part of the plot involving her was in support of what was going on around Stark. It's not like she was acting in a completely different movie.

Never said she was. But the use of her character was detrimental to Stark and the rest of the characters in the Iron Man crew. That was the real problem for me, the S.H.E.I.L.D. plotline seemed to derail what should have been Stark's plight.

quote:
And we've been seeing it since the first Iron Man - story threads that are hinting towards the coming Avengers movie. All the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe are doing it. It's what makes it different from watching X-Men and Fantastic Four, all locked away in their own film continuity. I'm preferring it this way.

I'm perfectly fine with them hinting at it. What I don't like is having these "hints" becoming essential to the movie. I just hope Thor and Captain America don't fall to the same problem.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 11:20 PM
Caps Conscience

it will suck because DC sucks.

Using the Report function is Ghey.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 12:29 AM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

exactly. the only problem is that batman in the cartoons was altered to be able to work at that level. bale would need to be radically different than he was in tdk, imo.

Exactly.

This is the problem I have with Nolan's Batman. As a movie by itself, it is brilliant. But for people who know about the comics and animated Batman, its just not the same character IMO.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 01:15 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote