KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Harry Potter Errors

Harry Potter Errors
Started by: The Unknown

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Unknown
Anomaly

Harry Potter Errors

Name any mistakes that you can find.

Here's one: In Book 3, it says that Voldemort's been feared for a hundred years, yet in Book 3, Voldemort is supposed to be around the age of 67 (seeing as he was around 16 when he opened the CoS, which occurred 50 years before Book 2).

Anyone have anymore?

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 01:12 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I believe they actually said something like, he was the darkest wizard for a hundred years, meaning that there has been noone more evil than him in a hundred years, not that he has been alive for a hundred years

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 11:00 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

It says the most feared dark wizard for a hundred years, but I guess may be right.

Any others?

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 09:26 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luna150

There is only one mistake i know of. All the others i could probably explain. Percey take house points of harry and ron but in the 5th book som1 says prefects arnt allowed to deduct points. I was thinking maybe head boys could but percy wasn't a head boy then or maybe you cant deduct points in your 1st year as prefect but by the second year you can. And i agree with pheonix the phrase " he is the most feared wizard for 100 years" Means that no one has feared a wizard as much as they fear voldermort for a hundred years

LuNa LoVeGoOd Is ThE bEsT

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 09:48 AM
Luna150 is currently offline Click here to Send Luna150 a Private Message Find more posts by Luna150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ariadne
Frodo Lives

There's a list of pretty much all the book mistakes at mugglenet.
http://www.mugglenet.com/books/mistakes/

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 07:27 PM
Ariadne is currently offline Click here to Send Ariadne a Private Message Find more posts by Ariadne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i know this isn't really an error, it's actually kinda interesting. Well anyway, I was watching Harry Potter 1 on HBO just now and i was watching the part where Hermione was showing Harry the trophy with his dad's name on it. Well in the middle it said JAMES POTTER on a little shield and right next to his name was a shield with the words M.G. McGonagall. Now i know the movie shouldn't be the reference, but wouldn't that mean that Minerva McGonagall was on James Potter's Gryffindor team when he went to school. I point this out because i was under the impression that Ms. McGonagall was a lot older than James.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 10:44 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luna150

welll in book3 mcgonnagal spoke about wat it was like to teach james and sirius etc so maybe she was the one who awarded him the trophy? or because she was gryffindor head

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 11:18 AM
Luna150 is currently offline Click here to Send Luna150 a Private Message Find more posts by Luna150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luna150

Here is a mistake on muglenet
When Tom Riddle was talking to Harry in the Chamber of Secrets he said that they were similar because they were both half-bloods. But Harry isn't a half-blood. Lily and James were both wizards and witches. (Many people say that because Lily was muggle born that makes Harry a half-blood, but that is not true. If both parents are witches and wizards you are a pure-blood. Half-blood means ONE parent is a witch/wizard and the other is a muggle.)
Actually pure blood means u have not a drop of muggle blood in ur viens like the malfoys. And muggles borns have muggle perants sos since ur either pureblood halfblood or muggle born the harry (bein niether pure blood or muggleborn) is half blood

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 11:28 AM
Luna150

Annother "mistake" on mugglenet
(NOTE: This mistake applies only to the US versions.) When Professor McGonagall took Harry to Professer Dumbledore's office, the password was "lemon drop", but then in the 4th book when he's going to tell Dumbledore about Mr. Crouch in the forest it says "...five minutes later he was hurtling towards a stone gargoyle standing half way along an empty corridor. "Sher-sherbet lemon" he panted at it. This was the password to the hidden staircase to Dumbledore's office- or at least it had been 2 years ago."
This is because in british version the passward 2 years about WAS sherbert lemon. So the mistake is thanks to the idiots who change j.k rowling work!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 11:33 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Did you email the people at Mugglenet to tell them Luna? Good spotting!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 04:49 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

God Bless America!...my home sweet home sad

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 05:51 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

in book 1 (ps/SS) hagrid says theres not a wizard gone bad that was not out of slytherin, at this time he thought sirius was evil, so that must mean sirius was in slytherin, dont you always get put in a ouse with ur best friends, because friends are the same type of person really

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 06:26 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anoushka
The Vampire Anoushka

he said that no wizard wich was frm slytherin did not go bad,not that all bad ones are frm slytherin...there's a difference,one's a subset of the otherwink

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 07:20 PM
Anoushka is currently offline Click here to Send Anoushka a Private Message Find more posts by Anoushka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ariadne
Frodo Lives

I don't think that every single evil wizard has come from Slytherin, but most of them have. Just look at Wormtail, who was in Gryffindor, along with all the Mauraders. Hagrid was probably just making a generalization about Slyterins.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 11:30 PM
Ariadne is currently offline Click here to Send Ariadne a Private Message Find more posts by Ariadne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luna150

Yes i did e-mail the mpheonix along with some possible reason fr other mistakes. But since many of the mistakes on mugglenet are mistakes of the publisher who changed it to american dont think they will put it on. I do think its rude though not to mention thease mistakes are not j.k rowlings fault.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 08:07 PM
Luna150

here is another mistake of mugglenet
On page 133, 4th paragraph, it says that Hermione lent Harry Quidditch through the ages: "She had also lent him Quidditch Through the Ages, which turned out to be a very interesting read." On page 46 paragraph 3 of QTtA, it says "The most successful Japanese team, The Toyohashi Tengu, narrowly missed a win over Lithuania's Gorodok gargoyles in 1994." However, Harry borrows QTtA in Book 1 which is set in 1991. -Thanks Rajan

Mugglenet shouldn't assume the books are is set in 1991 because that is when j.k rowling it. No where in the book does it say a exact year when the book is set so this paragraphs should be proof it was NOT set in 1991 not that it was and j.k made a mistake writing it.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 08:19 PM
Julie
The Student

I didn't catch anything.....but then again I only read the books through once

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 08:36 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luna150

nothe one from mgglenet
In book 5, page 117, 6th paragraph, it states, "Snape might refer their work as 'cleaning' but in Harry's opinion they were waging war on the house...." Shouldn't it be Sirius? After all, it was his house they were cleaning. – Thanks to everyone who sent this in
erm wheres the meistake?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 08:39 PM
Luna150

just typing in this thread so it stays on front page hehe

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 06:42 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

there are a million mistakes on mugglenut.com

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 12:08 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote