KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » A Note from the Mods!

A Note from the Mods!
Started by: ~Air Angel~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Tongue Cleaning Up Hp

Last night I started going through our forum and I have seen a TON of threads that were a year old and they didn't have much activity so I deleted them.

If they were topics that I knew already existed within other threads then I merged them.

If they were topics that had one or two responses then I deleted them.

I will be going through and "bumping" some other threads back up that might be interesting to talk about.

I'm sorry if I have upset anyone with my closing of threads. I'm not doing it to be a meanie. If I close the ones that aren't being talked about then it leaves new room for other topics and I know this forum is going to have TONS of new threads once HP3 hits the theaters next month!!!

big grin

Air Angel

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post May 9th, 2004 09:28 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

Hm... but if a thread is closed does that mean that takes no space any more?

If yes, then fine, but if a closed thread continues to occupy space then I don't know whats the value of closing it ?

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post May 9th, 2004 02:57 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

well after I get all the closed threads I will send a message to Raz to confirm deletion from the system. big grin

Old Post May 9th, 2004 03:56 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

do you intend to close ALL the threads?????

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Old Post May 9th, 2004 05:47 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

no....no....just ones that really didn't go anywhere. I closed threads that I had started as well...they were from LAST summer.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 06:17 PM
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

i c now.. 10x

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Old Post May 9th, 2004 06:22 PM
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

big grin

Old Post May 9th, 2004 06:29 PM
celestial_moon
celes

this does need 2 b cleaned out

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 9th, 2004 08:01 PM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

yep, give me three more weeks and I'm on study leave, and me and angel are gonna do some spring cleaning! wink

Old Post May 9th, 2004 08:05 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

If anyone notices any multiple threads, please PM me or airangel, or post the links here

Old Post May 10th, 2004 09:12 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix
I work in mysterious ways

Hmm, so if there is a need to make space especially in anticipation of the upcoming movie - how many pages or topics per forum are we allowed?

Official Gryffindor Lawyer

Old Post May 10th, 2004 02:11 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Good quezzie RP....I'm not sure...but I know that it's like wasted space if the threads are just sitting there not being used...especially if there are other similiar topics that are BOOMING with discussion! big grin

3 weeks sounds good to me Phoe b/c I test for Staff Sergeant in 2 weeks and after that I can BREATHE........finals tomorrow................FUN!!!! no

Old Post May 10th, 2004 03:49 PM
RebelPhoenix

Okie dokie smile - I understand that you want to clean the place up abit and if you're going to delete the ones you've closed then that's cool because otherwise it would be pointless bring them up to the front page and causing clutter just to close them - so that's good thumb up But just one thing - would be possible to re-open threads that aren't spam or multiples because they are still relevent even if they have been inactive for a long time? That way, we wont have to post them again if there is ever a need and miss out on all the things people already said plus, I think it's safe to say many of us didn't even know they existed because they were so old so now that we've seen them we might like to post in them sometime. Basically, if something is valid then it's valid and should be kept for reference at least, just my opinion though.

Oh and good luck with your exams - remember to eat before hand to prevent embarassing stomach talk wink smile

Old Post May 10th, 2004 08:58 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Sure - if there's anything you feel strongly about, either PM the link and reason to me or angel, or post it here.

Old Post May 11th, 2004 12:52 PM
RebelPhoenix

Thanks Phoenix smile

There are a few I'd like re-opened but I thought I'd ask the others and see what the general consensus is first so hopefully they will post their requests in here too.

Official Gryffindor Lawyer

Old Post May 12th, 2004 12:46 AM
RebelPhoenix

Also, may I ask why so many old threads are now being bumped, because amongst those and all of the ones that have been closed our 'new' ones are falling into obscurity messed Wouldn't it have just been easier to close and delete all the ones that were spam or irrelevent and merge the duplicate ones rather then closing old ones just because they were inactive and bringing loads of old ones to the front? I mean, this way wont the old ones be revived (not necessarily bad but not exactly fair to the makers of the new threads and people who were participating in them) and the 'new' ones go to the back unless bumped too and hence become inactive which seems to be a valid reason for you to close them, it'll turn into an inefficient cycle messed

Plus, it's kinda hard to try and figure out which ones should be re-opened when all these other ones are coming to the top, not to mention keeping track of our House threads! messed It's obvious you know that the ones at the top tend to get attention and replies to and that once they slip onto the second page they have to keep being bumped to keep going i.e. our House threads so basically why not leave threads to go their own path without shifting the balance of the forum, making new ones fall behind and liable for clsing later and the old ones forward when to cover up a second page which is filled with crossed out titles. I'm sorry if I sound really critical here, I don't mean to be rude or anything, I'm just unclear about it.

Last edited by RebelPhoenix on May 12th, 2004 at 01:41 PM

Old Post May 12th, 2004 01:31 PM
Tassie

angel or Phoe, can one of you close this thread, please? It's just a request wink
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t293852.html

There are about a million and one threads concerning hp relationships, already messed

Old Post May 12th, 2004 09:18 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

yah close any of those threads and leave like one thread 4 r/hr and one thread 4 h/hr

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 12th, 2004 09:20 PM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

I think that thread already got closed tassie...I coudln't access it...??

ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

Sorry if everyone feels like I am destroying HP but I have read enough of all the new threads and read and created some of the old threads to know what has or hasn't been said. I didn't delete any HUGE theories or anything.

If anyone wants to access any of the older threads just start by going backwards....from the LAST page.

I'll try to bump some up tonight so you all can start new convo's in them...okie! big grin

Old Post May 13th, 2004 03:37 PM
shaber
schizoid

Congratulations on your promotion

Old Post May 17th, 2004 04:31 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote