KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Short Daniel Radcliffe Interview - but interesting!

Short Daniel Radcliffe Interview - but interesting!
Started by: RebelPhoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RebelPhoenix
I work in mysterious ways

Short Daniel Radcliffe Interview - but interesting!

quote:
Radcliffe Suspects Potter Will Die

May 28, 9:37 AM EST

Harry Potter may never grow up. Daniel Radcliffe, who stars as the daring schoolboy wizard, said Friday that Harry may die in the last book of J.K. Rowling's magical series.

"I'm going to be really unpopular for saying this about Harry, but I've always had the suspicion — with everything that's going on — that he might die," Radcliffe, 14, told a news conference to promote the third film of Rowling's series, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban."

Rowling has remained silent about the fate of Harry in the seventh and final book.

But with each new installment, Rowling reveals more connections between the character and his archenemy, the evil wizard Lord Voldemort.

"Harry and Voldemort have the same core in them, we get to see that in the fourth film," Radcliffe said. "The only way Voldemort could die is if Harry dies as well."

Voldemort was responsible for the deaths of Harry's parents and left the young wizard with the distinctive zigzag scar on his forehead.

The pair have similar powers — including their wands and their fluency in Parsel — and Voldemort has been unable to kill Harry.

Rowling has hinted in the past that Harry may not survive. Asked whether she would write books about the character when he reaches adulthood, she replied: "You have to wait and see whether he survives to be a grown-up."

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," now in production, may be the last time fans see Radcliffe in the role of Harry, which has brought him a fortune estimated at about $18 million. He has yet to commit to a fifth film.

"I'm not going to lie and say it will be absolutely easy to see someone else play the part because it will be extremely strange after four films," Radcliffe said. "But if it happens it will be something I will have to get used to. I'm not saying it will happen but it's a possibility."

"The Prisoner of Azkaban" premieres in Britain on Sunday and goes into general release the following day. The film will open in the United States on June 4.

To see the everything in full and have access to other features go to:
http://entertainment.msn.com/movies...spx?news=159620

Official Gryffindor Lawyer

Old Post May 28th, 2004 06:19 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix
I work in mysterious ways

Assuming there will be a fifth movie, it would be really strange to see someone else play Harry! It would be strange to see any of the characters played by someone else because we've watched them grow up and know them as the characters they play. However, I can understand that when you grow older or play one character for too long there's the need not to get type cast, get so far into something that you can never play anything else or the audience can't accept you in any other roles. Ideally it would be nice to see them all stay to the end but when it comes down to it, their lives come first and they've made a hell of alot of money already, who knows, they might not want to act (might want to do something different or study etc) or work anymore, period! smile

Old Post May 28th, 2004 07:09 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadySlytherin
LadyBaron

i know! well he said that he'd do as many as he can considering his and harrys bdays are very close and that he hasnt grown very much so he still retains the "harry" looks...i hope he doesnt!!! <: (

it is n o t our dreams that show .[what].[we].[trully].[are]. ...it is, our c h o i c e s

S L Y T H E R I N B A R O N N E S S

Old Post May 28th, 2004 10:24 PM
LadySlytherin is currently offline Click here to Send LadySlytherin a Private Message Find more posts by LadySlytherin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

But one question:
he said, "The only way Voldemort could die is if Harry dies as well."

I only remember the prophecy saying Neither can live while the other survives confused So Harry doesnt have to die for Voldemort to die.... does he??

Old Post May 29th, 2004 12:35 AM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

there is going 2 b a fifth movie...in 2007 (which sucks). i dont know, tassie. we still dont know what the power is...i dont believe it's love but i think love has a part in it.

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 29th, 2004 12:58 AM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadySlytherin
LadyBaron

thats true tassie...its says "the other can not live whilst the other survives" so one of them is technically going to die in the end. do you think harry's powers that were transferred from voldemort would leave as well? like his ability to speak parseltongue, gifts for defense against the dark arts, etc? that would suck!!! : / i hope that doesn happen!

it is n o t our dreams that show .[what].[we].[trully].[are]. ...it is, our c h o i c e s

Old Post May 29th, 2004 02:08 AM
LadySlytherin is currently offline Click here to Send LadySlytherin a Private Message Find more posts by LadySlytherin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

i dont think so. it's in himself right now. it cant just get sucked back up.

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 29th, 2004 02:11 AM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadySlytherin
LadyBaron

well they are connected...somehow...ahh its late. 10:15 pm here i think im going to bed..cheers!

Old Post May 29th, 2004 02:16 AM
celestial_moon
celes

yes they are. and night!

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 29th, 2004 02:33 AM
Cepheus

don't u guys think JK would b upset 'cause all the information that daniel just gave 2 the press?? confused

Old Post May 29th, 2004 08:29 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadySlytherin
LadyBaron

morning!!! ^_^. maybe shes a tad disappointed...but then again its only his opinions,...we dont really know if any of that is going to happen tho...i duno : /

Old Post May 29th, 2004 08:50 PM
celestial_moon
celes

i dont think so. jkr said that even her daughter doesnt know what's going 2 happen next. what he did is basically what we do hear-he voiced his opinion.

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 29th, 2004 09:26 PM
I am not Harry
*****istration Team

Hmm.....

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 04:37 PM
I am not Harry is currently offline Click here to Send I am not Harry a Private Message Find more posts by I am not Harry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
«§hõnknêss»

blink

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You see, when we left Jack, marooned on the ship with a cuffed wrist and a hungry kraken, we forgot one very important thing mate-he's Captain Jack Sparrow... savvy?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 02:05 PM
«§hõnknêss» is currently offline Click here to Send «§hõnknêss» a Private Message Find more posts by «§hõnknêss» Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

I think if Dan goes then they'll all go..................

I don;'t want them to go...but they are getting way to old.

They need to start filming movies back-to-back..........plus I am sure the actors are getting bored playing the same roles.

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 06:23 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

Both JKR and Professor Trelawney wrote the prophecy VERY carefully! stick out tongue
(thats what JK says)

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 06:57 PM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

kewl

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 04:32 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote