KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Interesting Bk6 & 7 Theories i found

Interesting Bk6 & 7 Theories i found
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Question Speculations

Whaddya think'll happen in the subsequent books? have ya heard rumours or theories on the net? tell me all about it!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2003 05:41 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

i havne't heard anything yet...u?

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 03:46 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tonykames

My theory is that Wormtail will use his silver hand to kill Lupin as silver is the only thing to destroy Werewolves. Also I feel that Harry having to use blood in his detention may have some evil intentions. Thats about all i've come up with for now. Tony embarrasment)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 01:31 PM
tonykames is currently offline Click here to Send tonykames a Private Message Find more posts by tonykames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoseBloom
Defender of the Universe!

I really don't think that Lupin is going to get killed. Wormtail is too cowardice to even crawl out from under his hole. I also think that Harry's wounds won't give him too much trouble, partly because after they had heled Harry hadn't featured any real problems. I really suspect that Harry ad Hermione might get into a sort of relationship together, because in the OoTP Harry seemed to almost cling to Hermione is some situations. Luna is going to make big uprising and become an important character, I mea REALLY important. I think that Sirius will come back, and Neville is going to do something that no one suspects.

You heard the heart.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 10:58 PM
RoseBloom is currently offline Click here to Send RoseBloom a Private Message Find more posts by RoseBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

That does make sense though...IF Lupin were to die that is!!! b/c remember they are all inthe fight..........

i think you have a point rosebloom and I agree...about sirius coming back, and nevilled doing something that no one would suspect...and i too think that LUNA WILL HAVE A HUGE HUGE PART IN THE NEXT BOOK....HUGE.

However, Ron/Hermy is a definite.....JKR has even said so in an interview. When someone asked if they liked each other, she said something like WASN'T IT OBVIOUS IS BOOK GoF.........

So there's not very likely any chance of hermy/harry getting together...though they would be cute..... i would put $$ on it that they won't ever get together.

Ginny....well she's a whole other story.......there's loads of info linking them together at another place I belong to with LilyGinnyBlack.

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 12:43 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thelotrlovr15
you may call me SALAZAR!

yep

"I know half of you half as well as I should like... And I like less than half of you half as well as you diserve..."--Bilbo

" That'll be them, will it, Potter?"
He pointed with his thumb over his shoulder; his magical eye was evidently peering through the back of his hand and his bowler hat. Harry leanded and inch or so to the left to see where Mad-Eye was pointing and there, sure enough, were the three Dursleys, who looked positively appallled to see Harry's reception committee.
"Ah, Harry!" said Mr. Weasley, turning from Hermione's parents, whom he had been greeting enthusiastically, and who were taking it in turns to hug Hermione." Well-- shall we do it then?"
" Yeah, I reckon so, Arthur," said Moody.
He and Mr. Weasley took the lead across the station toward the place where the Dursleys stood, apparently rooted to the floor. Hermione disengaged herself gently from her mother to join the group.
" Good afternoon," said Mr. Weasley pleasantly to Uncle Vernon coming to a halt right in front of him. " You might remember me, my name's Arthur Wealey."
As Mr. Weasley had singlehandedly demolished most of the Dursley's living room two years previously, Harry would have been very surprised if Uncle Vernon had forgotten him. Sure enough, Uncle Vernon turned a deeper shade of puce and glared at Mr. Weasley, but chose not to say anything, partly, perhaps, because the Dursley's were outnumbered two to one. Aunt Petunia looked both frightened and embarassed. She kept glancing around, as though terrified somebody she knew would see her in such company. Dudley, meanwhile, seemed to be trying to look small and insignificant, a feat at which he was failing extravagantly.
" We thought we'd just have a few words with you about Harry." said Mr. Weasley, still smiling.
" Yeah," growled Moody." About how he's treated when he's at your place."
Uncle Vernon's mustache seemed to bristle with indignation. Possibly because the bowler hat gave him the entirely mistaken impression that he was dealing with a kindred spirit, he addressed himself to Moody.
" I am not aware that it is any of your business what goes on in my house-"
" I expect what you're not aware of would fill several books, Dursley," growled Moody.
" Anyway, that's not the point," interjected Tonks, whose pink hair seemed to offend Aunt Petunia more than all the rest put together, for she closed her eyes rather than look at her." The point is, if we find out you've been horrible to Harry--"
"-- and make no mistake, we'll hear about it," added Lupiin pleasantly.
" Yes," said Mr. Weasley, " even if you won't let Harry use the felly tone--"
" TELEPHONE," whispered Hermoine.
" Yeah, if we get any hint that Potter's been mistreated in any way, you'll have us to answer to," said Moody.
Uncle Vernon swelled ominously. His sensed of outrage seemed to outweigh even his fear of this bunch of oddballs.
" Are you threatening me ,sir" he said, so loudly that passersby actually turned to stare.
" Yes, I am," said Mad- Eye, who seemed rather pleased that Uncle Vernon had grasped this fact so quickly.
" And do I look like the kind of man who can be intimidated?" barked Uncle Vernon.
" Well..." said Moody, pushing back his bowler hat to reveal his sinisterly revovling magical eye. Uncle Vernon leapt backward in horror and collided painfully with a luggage trolley. " Yes, I'd have to say you do, Dursley."
He turned away from Uncle Vernon to surey Harry. " So, Potter... give us a shout if you need us. If we don't hear from you for three days in a row, we'll send someone along...."
Aunt Petunia whimpered piteously. It could not have been plainer tht she was thinking of what neighbors would say if they caught sight of these people marching up the garden path.
" ' Bye, then, Potter," said Moody, grasping Harry's shoulder for a moent with a gnarled hand.
" Take care, Harry," said Lupin quietly. " Keep in touch."
" Harry, we'll have you away from there as soom as we can," Mrs. Weasley whispered, hugging him again.
" We'll see you soon ,mate," said Ron anxiously, shaking Harry's hand.
" Really soon, Harry," said Hermione earnestly." We promise."
Harry nodded. He somehow could not find words to tell them what it meant to him, to see them all ranged there, on his side. Instead he smiled, raised a hand in farewell, turned around, and led the way out of he station toward the sunlit strret, with Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley hurrying along in his wake.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 03:09 AM
thelotrlovr15 is currently offline Click here to Send thelotrlovr15 a Private Message Find more posts by thelotrlovr15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mormegil
The Black Blade

I too believe that Sirius is going to come back... at least in some form or fasion. I don't think that he'll necessarily come back as fully as he was before (corporealy). There is a chance, however, that he will. I believe he will come back as either a person in a painting, probably not a ghost, and I think that Harry might try to get Sirius back in some way. Such as, I think Harry will try to find him as an echo in some place, like in Bella Lestrange's wand, or behind the curtain in the death room. As for these things about relationships, I have very little opinion.

However, I also believe that Black will be cleared of any wrongdoings (funny how it happens after he dies), and that Karkaroff will come back to Hogwarts in an attempt to save his life, hidng out from Voldemort. I also believe that Grawp will make another appearance, in some fasion or another. I think that, after his rampage against the Centaurs, Grawp will have run off into the wild. I think that Hagrid will be devastated, and won't be very cheerful in the beginning of the school year. I think that the Weasley's enchanted car will also come back, having been on some sort of adventure in the wild, and do something to help out. I think that Remus will swing back to the school for a little while, trying to help Harry cope with losing Sirius.

I also believe that one of the times that Harry comes face-to-face with Voldemort again that Harry will survive only because Wormtail will intervene and do something to save his life. Whether this be the final confrontation between Harry and Voldemort or not, I do think that something of the sort will occur. I think that, in the end, Harry will try to kill Bellatrix Lestrange, but decide to spare her at the last minute. I believe that it will be a great revallation to Harry, and that it will give him heart and strength.

My final belief is that Harry will kill Lord Voldemort, but not by magical means. I think that Harry, having been raised in the Muggle world, will chalenge Voldemort to something non magical by playing at Voldemort's pride, by saying something like, "what, afraid I'll beat you?" Or something to that effect.

I agree about Neville doing something great and unexpected, and I agree that Luna will probably have a big part to play in the events of the story.

Were so many that Evil flew
At the mere mention of his name
He who killed foul things for game

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 03:38 AM
Mormegil is currently offline Click here to Send Mormegil a Private Message Find more posts by Mormegil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thelotrlovr15
you may call me SALAZAR!

maybe instead of something non-magical... he might challenge him to quidditch...

"I know half of you half as well as I should like... And I like less than half of you half as well as you diserve..."--Bilbo

" That'll be them, will it, Potter?"
He pointed with his thumb over his shoulder; his magical eye was evidently peering through the back of his hand and his bowler hat. Harry leanded and inch or so to the left to see where Mad-Eye was pointing and there, sure enough, were the three Dursleys, who looked positively appallled to see Harry's reception committee.
"Ah, Harry!" said Mr. Weasley, turning from Hermione's parents, whom he had been greeting enthusiastically, and who were taking it in turns to hug Hermione." Well-- shall we do it then?"
" Yeah, I reckon so, Arthur," said Moody.
He and Mr. Weasley took the lead across the station toward the place where the Dursleys stood, apparently rooted to the floor. Hermione disengaged herself gently from her mother to join the group.
" Good afternoon," said Mr. Weasley pleasantly to Uncle Vernon coming to a halt right in front of him. " You might remember me, my name's Arthur Wealey."
As Mr. Weasley had singlehandedly demolished most of the Dursley's living room two years previously, Harry would have been very surprised if Uncle Vernon had forgotten him. Sure enough, Uncle Vernon turned a deeper shade of puce and glared at Mr. Weasley, but chose not to say anything, partly, perhaps, because the Dursley's were outnumbered two to one. Aunt Petunia looked both frightened and embarassed. She kept glancing around, as though terrified somebody she knew would see her in such company. Dudley, meanwhile, seemed to be trying to look small and insignificant, a feat at which he was failing extravagantly.
" We thought we'd just have a few words with you about Harry." said Mr. Weasley, still smiling.
" Yeah," growled Moody." About how he's treated when he's at your place."
Uncle Vernon's mustache seemed to bristle with indignation. Possibly because the bowler hat gave him the entirely mistaken impression that he was dealing with a kindred spirit, he addressed himself to Moody.
" I am not aware that it is any of your business what goes on in my house-"
" I expect what you're not aware of would fill several books, Dursley," growled Moody.
" Anyway, that's not the point," interjected Tonks, whose pink hair seemed to offend Aunt Petunia more than all the rest put together, for she closed her eyes rather than look at her." The point is, if we find out you've been horrible to Harry--"
"-- and make no mistake, we'll hear about it," added Lupiin pleasantly.
" Yes," said Mr. Weasley, " even if you won't let Harry use the felly tone--"
" TELEPHONE," whispered Hermoine.
" Yeah, if we get any hint that Potter's been mistreated in any way, you'll have us to answer to," said Moody.
Uncle Vernon swelled ominously. His sensed of outrage seemed to outweigh even his fear of this bunch of oddballs.
" Are you threatening me ,sir" he said, so loudly that passersby actually turned to stare.
" Yes, I am," said Mad- Eye, who seemed rather pleased that Uncle Vernon had grasped this fact so quickly.
" And do I look like the kind of man who can be intimidated?" barked Uncle Vernon.
" Well..." said Moody, pushing back his bowler hat to reveal his sinisterly revovling magical eye. Uncle Vernon leapt backward in horror and collided painfully with a luggage trolley. " Yes, I'd have to say you do, Dursley."
He turned away from Uncle Vernon to surey Harry. " So, Potter... give us a shout if you need us. If we don't hear from you for three days in a row, we'll send someone along...."
Aunt Petunia whimpered piteously. It could not have been plainer tht she was thinking of what neighbors would say if they caught sight of these people marching up the garden path.
" ' Bye, then, Potter," said Moody, grasping Harry's shoulder for a moent with a gnarled hand.
" Take care, Harry," said Lupin quietly. " Keep in touch."
" Harry, we'll have you away from there as soom as we can," Mrs. Weasley whispered, hugging him again.
" We'll see you soon ,mate," said Ron anxiously, shaking Harry's hand.
" Really soon, Harry," said Hermione earnestly." We promise."
Harry nodded. He somehow could not find words to tell them what it meant to him, to see them all ranged there, on his side. Instead he smiled, raised a hand in farewell, turned around, and led the way out of he station toward the sunlit strret, with Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley hurrying along in his wake.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 03:39 AM
thelotrlovr15 is currently offline Click here to Send thelotrlovr15 a Private Message Find more posts by thelotrlovr15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mormegil
The Black Blade

But how would he kill him in Quiddithch? Violent as it is, it's not a sport intended to kill your opponent. I was thinking on the lines of a sword duel, gun duel, or something of that nature.

Were so many that Evil flew
At the mere mention of his name
He who killed foul things for game

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 06:51 AM
Mormegil is currently offline Click here to Send Mormegil a Private Message Find more posts by Mormegil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

Arrow Interesting Bk6 & 7 Theories i found

i know i post really long threads here, but these r all different theories i found somewhere and i thought they were interesting so u can just read a few and tell me what u think wink :

1 We've all heard that Dumbledore knows pretty much everything that goes on at Hogwarts. He also didn't care if he lost all his acclaim except taking his face off the chocolate frog cards. Perhaps Dumbledore is using the chocolate frog cards of himself in the same way that the portraits of old headmasters spy on others. After all, look at all the times Harry and Ron have gotten chocolate frog cards with his picture on them. --Submitted by Sara
Emerson's Note: That's definitely possible, but maybe it was just a humorous quote JKR added to remind us why Dumbledore is so cool.

2 Harry and Voldemort can't duel because Fawkes's tail feather is in both wands causing the reverse spell effect. So Harry isn't going to be able to use his wand against Voldemort's wand; the power to kill him is going to have to come from somewhere else. Where or what it is, I don't know, but it can't be wand magic. --Submitted by Ashley

3 Sir Patrick Delaney Podmore (the head of the Headless Hunt) could be related to Sturgis Podmore from the Order of the Phoenix. --Submitted by Anka

4 Dudley beat up a ten-year old named Mark Evans, who, coincidentally, shares a last name with Harry's mother. I dont think he will be Harry's lost brother because he's 10 (meaning Lily didnt die "that" night - which is impossible due to her protection on Harry). However, maybe Lily and Petunia had a brother? --Submitted by Anka

5 From what was said in book five, it would be logical to assume that Harry is Sirius's heir. So not only will Harry inherit Sirius's fortune and properties, but he will be the owner of 12 Grimmauld Place, and Kreacher's master. Harry is therefore going to have to control his feelings regarding the betrayal of Sirius (from Kreacher), and will have more responsibilities. --Submitted by Oswaldo

6 Percy wrote a letter for Ron which attacked Harry and Dumbledore - or so it seems! If the letter is read in another way, warnings for the group begin to appear: advice about Umbridge taking control of Hogwarts; Possible removal of Dumbledore from the Headmasterīs office; the Minister of Magic trying to portray Harry as a psychotic guy; and lots of others. Could this suggest Percy is working for the Order (undercover), and perhaps Mr. Weasley and Percy, in the need of a cover staged the fight? --Submitted by Oswaldo

7 On page 861 of the American version of OoTP, Nearly-Headless Nick tells Harry, "I know nothing of the secrets of death... I believe learned wizards study the matter in the Department of Mysteries." I'm assuming that Nick is referring directly or indirectly to the veil that Sirius fell through. It's entirely reasonable for the veil to be a connection, gateway, portal, whatever, to another plane: the plane where people go when they die. The veil is possibly an experiment by such 'learned wizards' trying to contact the dead or make a connection to this other plane. In this case, as Sirius didn't die from Bellatrix's spell, but merely from crossing the one-way gateway into this other plane, then the whispering voices that Harry hears are the voices of the dead, and this leaves the 'veil' open for later contact with Sirius - assuming that if one gets close enough, he or she can actually talk with the dead.

8 I believe Mr. Weasley will become the Minister of Magic. The reasons are two: Fudge will probably be thrown out of office for not telling anyone about Voldemort; Ron said (in book 5 that "they have as much chance of winning the house cup as dad becoming Minister of Magic." And when Ron jokes about something, he's usually right. Who better for Dumbledore to place at the top than Mr. Weasley? --Submitted by Stevie

So.......?? even if u have read these already what do u think? smile and in relation to #8, JK had said that there would be another Minister of Magic, but i think it would be DD

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 07:10 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

love 1,6,7,and 8 not sure bout others but hey these are only my opinions,
reguarding dumbledore taking over as minister of magic its possible he will now voldy ( or as i call him pansy) is back out of the wood work big grin

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 07:23 PM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IBTonks

i think 7 is very good!

"I know that your hiding things, Using gentle words to shelter me, Your words were like a dream, But dreams could never fool me. Not that easily"

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 08:33 PM
IBTonks is currently offline Click here to Send IBTonks a Private Message Find more posts by IBTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArwensGurl

I like 4 and 8.... I've pondere both of them myself for a while now

"I'm just gonna go home, lie down, and listen to country music. The music of pain."

"I don't care what time it is, unlock his cell, unstrap him, and bring him to the phone!"

MEAN PPL SUCK

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 09:02 PM
ArwensGurl is currently offline Click here to Send ArwensGurl a Private Message Find more posts by ArwensGurl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

there are more if u want wink

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 10:03 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArwensGurl

that would be seet

"I'm just gonna go home, lie down, and listen to country music. The music of pain."

"I don't care what time it is, unlock his cell, unstrap him, and bring him to the phone!"

MEAN PPL SUCK

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 11:07 PM
ArwensGurl is currently offline Click here to Send ArwensGurl a Private Message Find more posts by ArwensGurl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

if u meant sweet, arwensgurl, then here it is...

In the first book, Hagrid told Harry he didn't think Voldemort had enough human left in him to die. In the fourth book, Voldemort needed human blood to bring him back to life. At the end of book 4, after Harry explained what Wormtail and Voldemort did to him, Dumbledore had a 'look of triumph' in his eyes, could this possibly be because Voldemort was human-enough to die? -Submitted by Lucy

On page 835 of the American verision of the OotP, Dumbledore said he protected Harry with old magic that Voldemort hated and underestimated, or in other words, Lily's lingering protection that flows in Harry's blood. Later on in the conversation, Dumbledore said the locked door in the Department of Mysteries has a force that is "more wonderful and more terrible than death." He also said that Harry has such quantities of that power and Voldemort has none. Voldemort couldn't possess Harry because "he could not bear to reside in a body so full of the force he detests." Dumbledore told Harry that he didn't need Occlumency after all because his heart had saved him. So could all of this mean that Lily's lingering protection was love? Could this type of strong love be the power in the locked room that Harry has and Voldemort doesn't? Plus, maybe Voldemort couldn't possess Harry because Harry's body was full of his mother's love. Voldemort couldn't stand to be in a body filled with motherly love. Voldemort never knew what a mother's love for her child is because his mother died when he was born. And he certainly didn't get any love from his father, who dumped him in an orphanage.
Note from Jamie: Maybe 'love' is just what JKR wants us to think and she has told us all this to throw us off scent. There may be another power that Harry has that resides inside the Department of Mysteries.

Could Harry be a metamorphmagus? In SS/PS JKR writes that Harry had grown back his hair over night after his Aunt Petunia had given him an awful haircut. You obviously have to concentrate on changing your appearance if you are a metamorphmagus, and Harry was concentrating very hard on his hair because he was worried about the way it looked. --Submitted by Amanda

Book Seven Theories
I think the outcome of book 7 is pretty well set. Voldemort will die, whether Harry goes with him or not is uncertain. Voldemort must die because if he lives on, with Harry dead, he will never die! No other person would be able to kill him due to what the prophecy said, he wouldn't even die of old age of disease because he isn't mortal anymore. He would just live on forever and eventually take over the wizarding and muggle world - No writer in their right minds would kill off the whole world! --Submitted by Nicole

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 11:16 PM
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

i agree totally tassie these are very good theories i hope your right i think were gunna be in for a real treat when books 6 an 7 are released then all will be explained

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 11:32 PM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArwensGurl

Those are some realy vaid points...
As for "No writer in their right minds would kill off the whole world" After Sirius's death, can we realy say JK is in her right mind??

MEAN PPL SUCK

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 11:55 PM
Member.

quote:
Could Harry be a metamorphmagus? In SS/PS JKR writes that Harry had grown back his hair over night after his Aunt Petunia had given him an awful haircut. You obviously have to concentrate on changing your appearance if you are a metamorphmagus, and Harry was concentrating very hard on his hair because he was worried about the way it looked. --Submitted by Amanda
it's ok, but didn't someone say that when potential wizards/witches concentrates on something really hard, or just has really strong emotions on something, they'd use magic without knowing it? the wand's just a tool to channel the magic and amplify it.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2004 01:27 AM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

Re: Interesting Bk6 & 7 Theories i found

ok, i was just browsing and i came across my old thread, and i really started thinking about some of these concepts

quote:
Originally posted by tassie
2 Harry and Voldemort can't duel because Fawkes's tail feather is in both wands causing the reverse spell effect. So Harry isn't going to be able to use his wand against Voldemort's wand; the power to kill him is going to have to come from somewhere else. Where or what it is, I don't know, but it can't be wand magic.

4 Dudley beat up a ten-year old named Mark Evans, who, coincidentally, shares a last name with Harry's mother. I dont think he will be Harry's lost brother because he's 10 (meaning Lily didnt die "that" night - which is impossible due to her protection on Harry). However, maybe Lily and Petunia had a brother?

Those are the two I was wondering if you guys had any idea, for the first one what it could be...
There's a theory that the power might not necessarily be love as we thought

quote:
On page 835 of the American verision of the OotP, Dumbledore said he protected Harry with old magic that Voldemort hated and underestimated, or in other words, Lily's lingering protection that flows in Harry's blood. Later on in the conversation, Dumbledore said the locked door in the Department of Mysteries has a force that is "more wonderful and more terrible than death." He also said that Harry has such quantities of that power and Voldemort has none. Voldemort couldn't possess Harry because "he could not bear to reside in a body so full of the force he detests." Dumbledore told Harry that he didn't need Occlumency after all because his heart had saved him. So could all of this mean that Lily's lingering protection was love? Could this type of strong love be the power in the locked room that Harry has and Voldemort doesn't? Plus, maybe Voldemort couldn't possess Harry because Harry's body was full of his mother's love. Voldemort couldn't stand to be in a body filled with motherly love. Voldemort never knew what a mother's love for her child is because his mother died when he was born. And he certainly didn't get any love from his father, who dumped him in an orphanage.
Note from Jamie: Maybe 'love' is just what JKR wants us to think and she has told us all this to throw us off scent. There may be another power that Harry has that resides inside the Department of Mysteries.

So maybe we've been theorising that 'love' is Harry's only power all this time, when he could posses another power, possibly one that Voldemort passed onto him, and in so doing, Voldy lost that power to Harry? confused

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 01:39 AM