KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » h/hr corner(harry and hermione shippers corner)

h/hr corner(harry and hermione shippers corner)
Started by: pumpkinpie4ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pumpkinpie4ever
junior griffindor member

h/hr corner(harry and hermione shippers corner)

hello this is for all my fellow harry and hermione shippers out there scince there isnt enough to spit at this is a place where h/hr shippers can share evidence and then we'll make a list of good vailid evidence and show it to the public.....we'll talk about new rumors and just plain hermione and harry!!!!!have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

i knew when we met that you were the one for me, it was so clear it could make a blind man see, and when we share our first kiss, i felt the emotion, the love the bliss,when you asked for my hand, i took it willingly this isnt a one night stand...poem by me! deticated 2 h/hr!duh

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:34 PM
pumpkinpie4ever is currently offline Click here to Send pumpkinpie4ever a Private Message Find more posts by pumpkinpie4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Reasons for Supporting H/Hr

(1) I have found many times R/Hr arguments revolve around HE likes her, HE gets jealous over her, etc., etc.
However there have been few times where her feelings are taken into account and after reading all five books I
really believe Hermione has feelings for Harry. I've given evidence of this so much; but I'm sure someone will
say where was that in the text; so I'll give one from each book.

PS/SS
I spoke about the ending scene in my last post and some persons completely missed the point. I specifically
said that I'm sure some would argue that for plot reasons Hermione had to go on with Harry, leaving Ron
behind. Sure enough some made mention of Harry being the hero and needing to save the day. Yes, but this
was NOT my point. The point of my referring to Ron's falling off the horse and Harry getting ready to go face
Snape/Quirrel was Hermione's REACTION to each. I don't think Hermione sees Harry as "oh he's the hero so my
reaction has to be more intense". The fact is BOTH boys were her friends and BOTH made decisions that could
have potentially ended in their deaths. For BOTH incidents we saw Hermione's reaction and the fact is deny it
all you want; but she was WAY more intense towards Harry than Ron. Hermione knew what Ron was going to
do just like she knew what Harry was going to do; so one can't use the argument that the whole thing with Ron
happened too fast for her to fully react. Hermione stood and watched Ron fall from an extremely dangerous
height and while she screamed; she didn't even stop to make sure the boy was alive. Nothing. Yet with Harry
he has to convince her to leave and that's after her full "you're a great wizard, etc." speech. Might have been
nice to tell poor Ron how brave he was before the kid almost got himself killed.

COS
Her reaction to him during the year-end feast. I'm not going in-depth with this again. Her immediate belief that
he was the hero, he saved the day, her obvious pride in him again. It certainly makes a very romantic image of
Hermione running towards Harry, wearing pyjamas (of all things) screaming "you did it". It parallels the
romantic imagery from early in the book with her waving at him from atop a white stairs and running down to
meet him; hair flying behind her.

POA
Hermione going to see Harry's game when she wasn't speaking to him. You know there were a number of
different things I could have used but I chose this because it's seemingly a little thing. However I've always
believed the little things can be just as beautiful as the big, dramatic demonstrations of love. Harry obviously
didn't see Hermione, which is why he asked her if she was even there. Thus, here we have Hermione who is not
even that fond of the game (witness her eventual boredom in the discussion about the World Cup in GOF), who
is technically not speaking to Harry and is mad enough to not run onto the pitch like the other members of the
house, yet she was there. I know many persons will just shrug it off as insignificant but obviously Harry likes
having her there or (a) he wouldn't even notice that she wasn't and (b) he wouldn't ask about it. Through all
that was going on with her (too much work, stress, fighting with Ron, etc), she came to see his game. I mean
really it wasn't like Harry would be lacking for support if she wasn't there; the whole Gryffindor house treats
Harry like a God when it comes to Quidditch and she obviously didn't come to make a point to him; or she
would have made sure he saw her. She did it because she WANTED to be there. She WANTED to see him play
and her words later are significant, when she tells him that she was happy they won and " I think YOU did
really well". One wonders sometimes if Hermione really watches the other players at all. I say that when you
consider her immediately being on the pitch before Harry had even finished saying he couldn't see with his
glasses because of the rain.

GOF
Her pride over his accomplishments in the first two tasks. I can understand being nervous and afraid but really;
nail marks on the face? That's a little intense, since she herself was well aware that DD would never allow for a
task that would get the kids killed. Then there was the Lake Task. I said this a long time ago, but Hermione
NEVER asked about Ron. Persons rushed to the whole "oh Ron was with Percy at the time" defence, but as I
said then; are you telling me Ron had to physically be in Hermione's presence for her to ask about him. The
boys were the LAST getting back, they were well outside the time limit; I mean even Percy was extremely
worried, yet all Hermione does is gush over how proud she was of Harry for figuring out how to get in the water
on his own and if something happened to him because he was so late coming back. Hermione is so preoccupied
with Harry that she barely even glances at Krum when he speaks to her and almost irritatingly brushes the
beetle off her hair. When Harry's marks are given she's just glowing at Harry like he's just accomplished the
unthinkable. No wonder poor Krum was annoyed. We can compare this to Ron's shining moments. When Harry
and Hermione realize Ron and the team won the cup, they both just smile up at Ron and as soon as he passes,
go back to worrying about their initial problem of Grawp. I mean honestly the boy just won after sucking SO
bad at the sport and that's the extent of her excitement?

(2) Respect For Each Other. Hermione DOES NOT dominate Harry and he DOES NOT dominate her. I love that
she will tell him the truth whether or not he wants to hear it. At the same time she can be extremely
sympathetic and understanding. Persons love to say how Hermione just coldly tells Harry when something is
not a good idea not thinking of how he is feeling but I'll refer to a moment in POA. When Hermione and Ron are
trying to convince Harry not to do anything crazy about Sirius, Hermione got to the point of getting tearful and
pleading. She WAS NOT lecturing, she WAS NOT nagging, she was pleading and breaking down, trying to reach
him. Hermione and Harry NEVER belittle or insult each other. EVER. They will have disagreements and as was
the case in OOTP some intense blow-outs but neither one aims to deliberately hurt the other or make them feelbad. Now compare that to Ron's yelling at Hermione at the Yule Ball. He had a look of satisfaction when she left
hurt and upset. A look of SATISFACTION. Yet persons defend this; all because the girl had a date. What crime
did Hermione commit to deserve that kind of humiliation from Ron? I want someone to answer that for me.

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:33 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

3) Equality. I am a HUGE believer in equality between the sexes and the fact is where Harry is weak, Hermione
is strong. He is extremely gifted but is extremely un-motivated to excel in his schoolwork. That's where
Hermione comes in. Where he is TOO emotional, she is his rational voice. Some persons say she is too rational,
that she lacks sympathy. I don't see that. I've always seen Hermione as the combination of thinking and feeling
person. She can be extremely intense and emotional at times but has the ability and knows when to separate
emotion and look at a situation calmly. Harry needs that in his life. Now MORE than ever. Many persons would
like to believe that he will pull away from Hermione in the next book, I don't see that but let's just say for
argument's sake he does. Do people really seeing Hermione allowing Harry to pull away from her; because I
don't. It's not in her character. She's too stubborn for that. I mean this is the same girl who argued about him
seeing Sirius up until the diversion was made and he was leaving; she was still arguing. Hermione people, will
NOT allow Harry to pull away from her. Period. Incidentally I don't see this happening because one, person’s
thought it would in this book and the kids only got closer. Two, if as an author you are setting up to minimize a
character and have the hero pull away from her, it would help to prepare the readers by slowly diminishing her
role from the previous book. You don't make her even more central in the person's life to suddenly yank her
away. The only character slowly minimized in this book was Ron. NOT Hermione, so if this is what some
shippers are hoping for to make their ship work, you'll be waiting well into the seventh book. In terms of
equality between the two again, Hermione is Harry's equivalent in many ways. She may not be exactly as
powerful as him but really he is the hero after all, so one wouldn't expect her to be.

(4) They are friends. Contrary to some opinions, Harry and Hermione are friends. She is not some person he
tolerates. He loves her and she loves him. He understands her and respects her for what she is. I'll use the
example of SPEW. In GOF we see Harry very much irritated with SPEW as Ron is, but before the book ends we
see him pretty much accepting of it as part of her. Witness his curiosity over how she felt about the menus. He
didn't turn around and poke fun at her, but was just genuinely curious and by OOTP we see him referring to
SPEW only when describing a look of Hermione's or wondering how she'd feel about something or another. In
other words Harry has long accepted Hermione's obsession with house-elves and just lives with it. Ron on the
other hand is still muttering snarky comments under his breath, or still being bothered by her obsession with it.
The girl wants to fight for house-elves, no matter how crazy, let her be.

(5) I like it. This is probably my most simple reason for supporting this pair but honestly, isn't most persons
ship preferences really about personal taste? What exactly appeals to you? The fact is many persons say that
Harry and Hermione is clichéd hero gets the girl; but that's where I disagree. Hermione is not the typical "girl"
in that cliché. She is not stunningly beautiful; she's not the super-popular, perfect girl. She's a bookworm and
in many ways a plain-Jane and that appeals to me. Why shouldn't she get the hero? Score one for bookworms
everywhere. I like that at the same time he has been HER hero. It's not everyday a guy jumps on 12-foot troll
for a girl. While he's been her hero she's never been a weakling and her strength is appealing in a female lead.
I am not close-minded to all other pairings. It's just that I read a scene like Hermione and Ron bickering over
who stunned who and it's mildly cute but that's it. Plus, they've been doing this since the first book and it has
really gotten rather tired. The fact is I like the idea that two people can get together without there being forced,
petty, non-sensical bickering added to them under the veil of some so-called "tension". I like the idea that we
can see two teenagers get together without the old girl likes boy-boy doesn't notice her-girl gets over boy-boy
realizes how truly amazing girl always was. I like the idea that we can see a popular source of entertainment
that shows two teens respecting, loving, supporting each other and that yes, they can fall in love. It is possible.
Finally persons always use to say how Harry gets everything and Ron deserves Hermione. I guess JK threw that
out by giving Ron Prefect and Quidditch Cup but I'm sure some will still see Ron as the poor, pathetic guy who
deserves to win the girl. Personally I hate that because it objectifies Hermione as some kind of consolation
prize, however I can argue that HARRY deserves Hermione. Many persons want to make Ron out to be some
poor guy and Harry as getting everything; but that really isn't the case. It astounds me when persons have this
view after reading the books and you take a scene like when Mrs.Weasley was reacting to Ron's being made
prefect. I'm sure in persons bid to believe poor Ron was finally being vindicated, no one stopped to think how
Harry might have felt in that moment. Now don't get me wrong, Mrs. Weasley had EVERY right to be proud of
her son but imagine Harry, orphan as he is, had to stand and watch Mrs Weasley fawn and be so proud of her
son; knowing he will never have that. Because the truth is no matter how much Mrs. Weasley loves Harry and
supports him and takes care of him, because she's naturally a mothering woman, essentially Sirius was right;
she's NOT his mother. She will never love him like Lily did and judging by how much people love Lily, she was
pretty ****ed amazing; but Harry'll never know that personally and I just shake my head at persons acting like
Harry gets everything. Right. That's why when it's all said and done, I think why shouldn't he have Hermione in
the end? Why shouldn't he be with the ONE person who has supported him, stood by him, loved him, defended
him, unwaveringly throughout?
Before I end I wanted to comment on persons attacks on Hermione's character for her disapproving of Harry
wanting to talk to Sirius. Need I remind persons who it was who convinced Harry to write to Sirius about his
name coming out of the Goblet? Hermione. Who was it again who helped Harry make sure the Common Room
was empty so he could speak to Sirius? Hermione; and while Harry outrightly didnot like the idea of Sirius being
so close to Hogsmeade, we NEVER heard Hermione going on about how risky it was or criticizing Sirius' being
there. Yet, just because the girl realized that it was indeed dangerous for both Harry and Sirius to
communicate, she's suddenly become this cold, emotionless person who doesn't want Harry talking to his
godfather? I wonder if some people conveniently forgot that Sirius was still technically a wanted criminal? And
I'm sure Fudge would have LOVED that; convince the public how much Voldie isn't back by bringing in one ofthe most dangerous criminals and his supporters. Besides that, you have Umbridge who was beyond insane,
Voldemort and his DE's on the loose and Dementors working on Voldemort's orders. Yet despite all this,
Hermione is cold because she merely told Harry that he couldn't put revealing information in a letter that could
be intercepted? She is cold because she tries to discourage him from talking to Sirius in a fireplace considering
a fireplace was where they'd almost been caught and where he was now planning to use the office of the
woman who was certifiably diabolical? She is annoying and motherly because she tells him the truth? That of
course being, that what he wants to do IS crazy and stupid but Ginny is the better partner because she voices
NO objections, simply goes running to her big brothers and gets THEM to solve the problem, giving him what he
wants, regardless of the risks? It amazes me that it hasn't occurred to anyone that this isn't all about Harry.
Some of his risky decisions and rash judgments; they affect more than just him. What was his thought when
Snape threatened to use the truth potion on him in GOF? That the things Snape would find out and the number
of persons that would get in trouble. I mean who was it again who used a time-turner illegally, helping Harry
EVERY step of the way to save Sirius? Oh yes, Hermione. As Lupin pointed out MANY people love Harry and as
such MANY persons lives do become affected by his foolish decisions. That's why I agreed wholeheartedly with
Hermione reminding him of DD running away from Hogwarts to save HIM; yet he was going to throw that back
in DD's face by taking such a silly risk. The fact is there are times when Harry needs someone to knock some
serious sense into his fool's head and it's a little sad that the ONE friend strong enough to do it, gets criticized
for it. Amazing.

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:34 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

hoping that no arguing will happen here big grin

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:39 AM
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Closed for now. Please use the Official Shippers Thread for right now.

Phoe and I are currently looking into creating a sub-forum so that each ship and character can have there own thread! We'll re-open when everything's together. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. cool

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 07:30 PM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote