KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Quirrell vs. Snape

Who would win if Snape and Quirrell fought in book one?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Snape 8 61.54%
Quirrell 5 38.46%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quirrell vs. Snape
Started by: darthsith19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Quirrell vs. Snape

If Quirrell and Snape fought in book one who would win? Both are powerful wizards. Quirrell only pretends to be frightened by alot of things so people don';t suspect him to be evil. But I think Quirrell really was afraid of Snape. If he really was stronger than Snape wouldn't he have just finished Snape off in the Forbidden Forest? Unless he thought there was to much at risk for him to chance a fight, for he might lose. But at the Quidditch match Quirrell nearly had Harry off his broom, even with Snape trying to keep Harry on the broom, which suggests that Quirrell is stronger than Snape. Who do you think would win if they fought?

For now I'll say Quirrell and he only didn't kill Snape in the Forest because he wasn't entirely sure he could defeat Snape.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 09:44 PM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sasee tiin

quirrel was a pretty lame, medicore wizard, snape would, without doubt, beaten him easily.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 01:00 PM
sasee tiin is currently offline Click here to Send sasee tiin a Private Message Find more posts by sasee tiin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I voted Snape.

It's been pointed out that he is a very highly skilled Occlumens. I'm sure that would work to his benefit in a fight.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 04:15 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Re: Quirrell vs. Snape

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthsith19
If Quirrell and Snape fought in book one who would win? Both are powerful wizards. Quirrell only pretends to be frightened by alot of things so people don';t suspect him to be evil. But I think Quirrell really was afraid of Snape. If he really was stronger than Snape wouldn't he have just finished Snape off in the Forbidden Forest? Unless he thought there was to much at risk for him to chance a fight, for he might lose. But at the Quidditch match Quirrell nearly had Harry off his broom, even with Snape trying to keep Harry on the broom, which suggests that Quirrell is stronger than Snape. Who do you think would win if they fought?

For now I'll say Quirrell and he only didn't kill Snape in the Forest because he wasn't entirely sure he could defeat Snape.

In the noobish way most vs. threads opperate, Snape beat Harry, Harry beat Quirrell. no expression

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 08:57 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Quirrell had Voldemort for help though. So I would said Quirrell wins this.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 09:49 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HPRox90
Auror

Definatly Snape!!! If he was smart enought to fool Dumbledore, then he would definatly be smart enough to win that battle.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 09:53 PM
HPRox90 is currently offline Click here to Send HPRox90 a Private Message Find more posts by HPRox90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quirrel was a pretty lame, medicore wizard, snape would, without doubt, beaten him easily.
1. Without a wand he performed magic (In the man with two faces)
2. He would have stolen something from a high security vault at Gringott's had it been there
3. His curse was more powerful than Snape's counter-curse

What do you mean he was a Medicore wizard?!

Harry beat Quirrell.
1. Only because Quirrell was foolish enough to let Harry touch him. Had Snape been in Quirrell's place in SS Harry would probably have touched him, too.
2. Quirrell would still have killed Harry had Dumbledore not saved him. He told Harry he only arrived just in time to stop QWuirrell from killing Harry and getting the Stone, remember?

Yeah, but did having Voldemort possessing him actually make him stronger? I'd say it made him, if anything, weaker. It weakened Snake's enough that soom they died, it'd take a really long time but eventually wouldn't Quirrell die, too? He must have been getting weaker every day.

If he was smart enought to fool Dumbledore

Quirrell fooled Dumbledore, too, remember?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 12:29 AM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

1. Without a wand he performed magic (In the man with two faces)
2. He would have stolen something from a high security vault at Gringott's had it been there
3. His curse was more powerful than Snape's counter-curse

What do you mean he was a Medicore wizard?!

Harry beat Quirrell.
1. Only because Quirrell was foolish enough to let Harry touch him. Had Snape been in Quirrell's place in SS Harry would probably have touched him, too.
2. Quirrell would still have killed Harry had Dumbledore not saved him. He told Harry he only arrived just in time to stop QWuirrell from killing Harry and getting the Stone, remember?

Yeah, but did having Voldemort possessing him actually make him stronger? I'd say it made him, if anything, weaker. It weakened Snake's enough that soom they died, it'd take a really long time but eventually wouldn't Quirrell die, too? He must have been getting weaker every day.

If he was smart enought to fool Dumbledore

Quirrell fooled Dumbledore, too, remember?

Actually, that was all Voldemort's doing...

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 01:27 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Yes, Snape would eat him. I dont think it would even be a fight, it would be like The Hulk vs. Bill Gates.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 04:06 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sasee tiin

quirrel was a medicore wizard, no doubt. LV even say it himself, In GOF at the graveyard. He tells the rest of the DE that he met a foolish young wizard. remember that Quirrel in the beggining was good, but LV, as less than a spirit, easily fooled quirrel into the dark side. this prooves that quirrel had a weak mind, snape is highly skilled at ligilimency.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 08:58 AM
sasee tiin is currently offline Click here to Send sasee tiin a Private Message Find more posts by sasee tiin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cutie_pie13
4eva young

i think that snape would have won, coz i mean snape is a talented wizard and quirrel isnt really, besides why would they fight anyway their both on the same side as far as im conserned!!!

sig done by piggle

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 01:47 PM
cutie_pie13 is currently offline Click here to Send cutie_pie13 a Private Message Find more posts by cutie_pie13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sasee tiin

Originally posted by potty4potter
i think that snape would have won, coz i mean snape is a talented wizard and quirrel isnt really, besides why would they fight anyway their both on the same side as far as im conserned!!!

no they are not, Quirrel was good then evil and now dead, snape is still alive, and most likely good.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2005 02:45 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Actually, that was all Voldemort's doing...

What was? Fooling Dumbledore? Proof?

He tells the rest of the DE that he met a foolish young wizard. remember that Quirrel in the beggining was good, but LV, as less than a spirit, easily fooled quirrel into the dark side.

Voldemort said Quirrell was foolish before he joined Voldemort, but that doesn't make him weak. Anyways, who says LV's always right? He's wrong about Mudblood's being weaker than Pure-Bloods. He never said Quirrell was weak. And explain to me how Quirrell was able to break into Gringott's? In SS didn't it say it'd take a powerful wizard to break into Gringott's? And we know it's almost impossible to steal anything from Gringott's, especially from a top security vault.

this prooves that quirrel had a weak mind, snape is highly skilled at ligilimency.

he has a weak mind just because he was lured to the Dark Side? Then Snape and LV himself must also have weak minds because they were also lured to the Dark Side.

besides why would they fight anyway their both on the same side as far as im conserned!!!

In book 1 they're enemies/ Now Snape realises they were indeed, unknowingly, on the same side.

no they are not, Quirrel was good then evil and now dead, snape is still alive, and most likely good.

Mosr ethan 50% of HP fans believe he is evil.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 02:42 AM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Hmmm. I would give it to Snape, because I always got the sense in the books, the kind of between the lines stuff, that Quirrel wasn't ever a wizard equal to Snape, with or without Voldermort possessing him. In fact it seemed more like Voldermort only took him over with such ease because he was relatively weak willed, and about Dumbledore not suspecting, Quirrel said a some point about how hard it would be for anybody to suspect him, what with his image of being such a poor wizard and all.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 08:00 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

SNAPE

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 02:36 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sasee tiin

[B][B]Voldemort said Quirrell was foolish before he joined Voldemort, but that doesn't make him weak. Anyways, who says LV's always right? He's wrong about Mudblood's being weaker than Pure-Bloods. He never said Quirrell was weak. And explain to me how Quirrell was able to break into Gringott's? In SS didn't it say it'd take a powerful wizard to break into Gringott's? And we know it's almost impossible to steal anything from Gringott's, especially from a top security vault.

remember, quirrel had LV's knowledge. Even though LV was weak at that time, he still had a lot of knowledge, and was able to tell quirrel how to do stuff.

"he has a weak mind just because he was lured to the Dark Side? Then Snape and LV himself must also have weak minds because they were also lured to the Dark Side."

none of them was lured into the dark arts, they made up their own minds, and studied. Doyou think a dark Wizard fooled LV into the dark arts??

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 03:04 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

Quirrell, without the help of Voldemort, could easily be defeated by Severus.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 03:09 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sasee tiin

definetly!!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 03:14 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

*high fives*big grin

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 03:23 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Snape would win over Quirrel even with the Dark Lord's help. The Dark Lord indeed is stronger than Snape, but he was only sharing bodies with Quirrell because he was weak at the time, making Snape much stronger and more capable, but if the Dark Lord was using his own body then it wouldn't be rather hard to say. I mean Snape was clever enough to create his own spells...let's say that he made a spell that could kill multiple people, then he would win, it basically depends on who uses the unforgivable curses and who doesn't...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 09:40 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote