KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Snape's Betrayal

Snape's Betrayal
Started by: starwarsfreak34

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

Snape's Betrayal

Okay, i've only started this thread coz i'm sick of reading drips and draps of HBP in various orders and picking up on things only a few seem to be doing. People are arguing with the things that seem the most likely and giving totally horendous reasons for snape being good/evil.

so, i ask you first, why then did snape not attack harry until the last possible moment as Harry chased him across the grounds after DD's death? why did he constantly defelct Harry's attacks and continue to run? surely snape could have killed him there and then?

also, people have mentioned the possibility that Snape made an Unbreakable Vow to DD. why can't people see that this is the most obvious reasons for DD's trust?

DD made snape take the UV after he defected to the Order and the fact that snape isn't dead means that he remains loyal to DD! and even if he didn't do it then, i think it could have been made some time during HBP year.

didn't DD constantly argue with harry over the Malfoy/Snape situations. didn't DD seem sure that he knew what he was doing... what malfoy was doing? i think its likely that DD knew what draco was up to because he had snape spying on him. Snape was reporting everthing to DD and they must have realised draco had to kill DD.

thus, knowing that he had made an UV to narcissa, snape realised that he would have to kill DD becasue there was no way draco would be able to do it. so snape must have made an UV with DD that cermented DDs trust in him, deeming that DD wanted snape to kill him if it seemed likely that draco would not suceed.

either way, this mean that DD would die and he accepted this because he knew that when Harry came to face voldemort that he would have to do it alone--or at least without an adult to protect him (which begs the possibility that ROn, Hermy and Ginny, poss neville and luna, will be with him at the end)

its like in star wars empire strikes back. "if you chose to face vader you must do it alone... i cannot interfere."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 01:40 PM
starwarsfreak34 is currently offline Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok, This is a repeat thread.....

The Trio of Fire lives!!!!! However the flame may filcker, it's light will guide the world!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 04:25 PM
JesuseyGoodness is currently offline Click here to Send JesuseyGoodness a Private Message Find more posts by JesuseyGoodness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HorseRiderxoxo
Magical

But Sanpe has to be a death eather! why does he away say " Dark Lord" only death eaters say that! and he stayed at hogwarts so he could gain trust to dumbledore. if sanpe isnt a death eater wont voldemort kill snape? because who ever turns voldemort down he will kill them so sanpe has to be a death eater

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 05:23 PM
HorseRiderxoxo is currently offline Click here to Send HorseRiderxoxo a Private Message Find more posts by HorseRiderxoxo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

This thread has been repeated so many times its not even funny. Also, he is good, people can call people something whenever he wants. Face it, he is good.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 07:49 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HorseRiderxoxo
But Sanpe has to be a death eather! why does he away say " Dark Lord" only death eaters say that! and he stayed at hogwarts so he could gain trust to dumbledore. if sanpe isnt a death eater wont voldemort kill snape? because who ever turns voldemort down he will kill them so sanpe has to be a death eater

As I said in another similar thread, Snape probably only calls Voldemort "Dark Lord" due to conditioning, which means that after doing it long enough, it becomes habit (like how if you ring a bell every time you feed a dog food for a long enough amount of time, it will drool when it hears a bell).
To answer your question about Voldemort killing any betrayers, Snape is a master at Legillimancy (keeping people form invading your mind). That is revealed in the fifth book when Harry takes private lessons from Snape to keep Voldemort out of his mind.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 08:33 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

if snape were really loyal to dumbledore he would have broke the vow and died. Any really loyal person would do that....onyl a selfish person wouldn't

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 03:54 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Not if he did as Dumbledore told him to.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 03:57 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emily_depp
Soon to be Mrs Grint

I think he has a point and you lot are soooo rude just respect peoples opions! mad

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 01:42 PM
Emily_depp is currently offline Click here to Send Emily_depp a Private Message Find more posts by Emily_depp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
air

not unles Snape was told by Dumbledore himself to kill him, this way he protects himself (the lok of hatred etched on his face = revoltion on the thing he has been sworn to do by Dumbledore he hates himself for what he has to do) and protects Malfoy and also Malfoys family, well this is my current opinion

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 01:52 PM
air is currently offline Click here to Send air a Private Message Find more posts by air Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

Originally posted by air
not unles Snape was told by Dumbledore himself to kill him, this way he protects himself (the lok of hatred etched on his face = revoltion on the thing he has been sworn to do by Dumbledore he hates himself for what he has to do) and protects Malfoy and also Malfoys family, well this is my current opinion

yes, yes! that is exactly what i am talking about. finally someone who has caught on to THAT! Sape hated the though of what he had to do, he didn't hate dumbledore. this is why he didn't try to hurt harry, or let anyone else hurt him for that matter. if i remember rightly, didn't snape stop on of the death eaters from cursing harry behind his back or something?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 11:33 AM
starwarsfreak34 is currently offline Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

Originally posted by starwarsfreak34
Snape's Betrayal...

Snape? Betrayal?

Thank youno expression

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 03:32 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Snape is a Death Eater. Or was a Death Eater, and is one again now.

But yes, I think Dumbledore did it so Harry would have an ally in Voldemort's camp.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 10:39 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

I agree with him. Some good points made- some of which have been done already...

quote:
DD made snape take the UV after he defected to the Order and the fact that snape isn't dead means that he remains loyal to DD!

Interestingly, that can be taken any way. Maybe the Vow Snape made to DD (assuming he actually did make one) could've been for him to NOT kill Harry in the first place, or something that could enable him to keep the Vow and still betray DD- in other words, the Vow didn't necessarily have to be related to DD's death.
But, in any case, I still believe Snape is on the good side.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 11:03 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emily_depp
Soon to be Mrs Grint

Originally posted by Trickster
Snape is a Death Eater. Or was a Death Eater, and is one again now.

But yes, I think Dumbledore did it so Harry would have an ally in Voldemort's camp.

soooooo true!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 11:09 AM
Emily_depp is currently offline Click here to Send Emily_depp a Private Message Find more posts by Emily_depp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Umm...pretending to be one maybe?no expression

Please dont tell me you read the book in only one dimensionno expression

Old Post Sep 5th, 2005 11:17 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Some_Black_Guy

I'm pretty sure Dumbledore had the situation well under his control. After Malfoy disarmed him he had plenty of time to say 'accio wand', and he wouldn't have even had to do that because he can do non-verbal spells. I think he chose to be a martyr.

Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall... fade.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2005 12:50 AM
Some_Black_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Some_Black_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Some_Black_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

SNAPE IS A GOOD GUY.... faced with the choice of dying and having someone else kill Dumbledore, robbing the Order of two valuable players, Snape did the only thing possible.... he thought of the future, not one person.... by not blowing his cover, he will now be in a better position to fight Voldemort, and possibly help Harry.... Dumbledore was NOT IMPORTANT..... the fight against Voldemort is.... Snape is man enough to know this....Harry is just a petulant, stupid kid, who doesn't really understand that it isn't a game.....

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 05:53 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Some_Black_Guy
I'm pretty sure Dumbledore had the situation well under his control. After Malfoy disarmed him he had plenty of time to say 'accio wand', and he wouldn't have even had to do that because he can do non-verbal spells. I think he chose to be a martyr.

Not wanting to sound silly but how does he do that without his wand?

Meanwhile, people keep saying that Dumbledore knew he was going to die, but that does not seem to 100% fit events. Wy, for example, offer Draco protection?

In fact, why beg Severus? Did he seem hesistant to kill?

All that is just flim-flam, of cours,e but people seem to be making out that the only logical possibility is to think Dumbledore planned it, and I do not agree.

I am almost hoping Snape is evil (or at leasat that this was not just a good-guy plan) simply because it is looking far too obvious that this was just a ploy.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 9th, 2005 at 08:02 PM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 07:58 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rick01666

i think he is still good maybe i agree the look of hatred was to do with the task he had to do also when harry cathes up to him near hagrids and keeps trying to course him he tills him " no unforgiveable couses for u harry not untill u learn to keep ur mouth shut and ur mind closed" advise?????????

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 10:25 PM
rick01666 is currently offline Click here to Send rick01666 a Private Message Find more posts by rick01666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

SW has a good theory and I agree with him....except I think that Dumbledore might not really be dead.

I think he and snape planned the potion drink that dumbledore had to drink and snape probably advised him that it was going to hurt him but it would be the only way to block the curse and snape would know b/c he probably invented it himself.

Anyways so no one ever really confirms dumbledore is dead.....Hagrid just said he took care of it (and he may not be in on the whole thing or maybe he was and he faked it).

Snape didn't attack Harry and he could have.

This was all a set up so voldemort would think that DD was really dead and then he'll show up at the final battle in the end of book 7.

Dumbledore won't tell Harry b/c there's a possibility that Voldemort would be able to get into his mind and know that DD lived.

Meanwhile JK has most of her fans to believe that DD is long gone and snape is the bad guy that we've all been screaming about for the past 6 books and then in book 7 EVERYTHING comes out..... maybe even Snape will die for Harry....who knows.......

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 01:05 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote