KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » HP ~ What?

HP ~ What?
Started by: hayden's minx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hayden's minx
Safe

HP ~ What?

have I just missed a major part of the storyline or is there no reason to Harry Potter.
I mean we know harry's parents died to save him blah blah blah, and serius was a 'secret keeper' but changed to peter. But why did HP's parents have to have a secret keeper? I mean why did Voldermort want to kill his parents ~ have I missed something or just realised the biggest fault of the books.
It's been bugging me for ages and i hate harry potter so i thought i'd post this.

Old Post May 4th, 2003 05:19 PM
hayden's minx is currently offline Click here to Send hayden's minx a Private Message Find more posts by hayden's minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

hoho..sorry mate..can't help you. I barely saw the first movie.
Thsi should be in a movie section though

Old Post May 4th, 2003 05:53 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Maybe we'll find out in the later books...

Old Post May 4th, 2003 08:05 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

She's talking about the books, Dexx. They haven't filmed the plot she is talking about yet.

You know, Minxy, for someome who hates HP you seem to get into it rather a lot... don't be ashamed to admit that you like it...

Anyway, all we know is that Voldemort wanted the Potters dead. If there was a more specific reason other than them being his enemy we do not know it yet.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 4th, 2003 08:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

oh.. the books? Sorry...i'm even less documented

Old Post May 4th, 2003 08:19 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hayden's minx
Safe

Yeh well if I hate something I need a good reason and this shows ~ not a very dramatic build up if she has thought of the plot.

Old Post May 4th, 2003 08:41 PM
hayden's minx is currently offline Click here to Send hayden's minx a Private Message Find more posts by hayden's minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allor_Vader
Elven Warrior of the RP

As far as I know. Voldemort aka Tom Riddle was bringing people to his side. If they refused he killed them so they wouldn't cause trouble. The Potters refused. Thefore he killed them and tried to kill Harry, but that didn't work. That's just what I know.

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 03:13 AM
Allor_Vader is currently offline Click here to Send Allor_Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Allor_Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

as much as i enjoy reading the hp saga, there's too much good things happening to harry. it's almost like he never has to deal with tragedy, pain, and failure most of the time. it'd be nice if i could find out of the history/life of the malfoys and some of the other darker characters. like what's their deal. about draco, i'm guessing his father beats him and he just copies what he sees his father do. how sad if that were true. who knows? here's a good hp site about more details on the upcoming books and possibilties from author/rumors: The Harry Potter Network http://thehpn.rupture.net gtg ^.~ KaJi No ToRi NaOsU

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 05:24 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allor_Vader
Elven Warrior of the RP

I agree with Boprecruit 16. I would like to know more about the "darker" characters. Like Snape and the malfoys. Don't know why. I think he also has found out the reason why I hate the gryffindors. AlMost all of them are goody-goody-two-shoes and everything goes perfect for them unless there in potions class. Notice it wasn't a fellow gryffindor that died it was a hufflepuff.

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 01:07 PM
Allor_Vader is currently offline Click here to Send Allor_Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Allor_Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, well, it is obvious to anyone that Slytherin is the house for sensible people- they just seem to have a rather stupid crop during the time of the books. I cannot believe their founder was as crass as the dumb bullys we get in the film.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 07:03 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hayden's minx
Safe

Slytherin house is the best anyhoo - coz evry1 in the other houses are just annoying.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 04:21 PM
odin
Senior Fancy-Pants

Much is revealed in later books..... heheh(including Order of the Pheonix)
much about the history of Voldermort, his connection with harry, about harry's family, *his mom especially* and many suprises pop up... that actually connect many things...

"Video games don't effect children...If Pac-Man effected us as children we'd all we running around dark rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music."

.... sounds like a rave ;o)

Old Post May 26th, 2003 06:36 PM
odin is currently offline Click here to Send odin a Private Message Find more posts by odin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allor_Vader
Elven Warrior of the RP

cool, wish I had it.

Old Post May 26th, 2003 07:08 PM
hayden's minx
Safe

May i ask how you know of this information Odin? And if there is a connection with his mother; wouldn't there be a connection with pertunia?

Old Post May 26th, 2003 07:16 PM
odin
Senior Fancy-Pants

heheh well.. I have allready read the book.... awsome.... i was thinking of posting a spoiler thread..... but dunno....

"Video games don't effect children...If Pac-Man effected us as children we'd all we running around dark rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music."

.... sounds like a rave ;o)

Old Post May 26th, 2003 08:14 PM
odin is currently offline Click here to Send odin a Private Message Find more posts by odin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

Well, there are some sites that provide spoilers. As far as I know, there will be a major revelation about Harry's mom in the upcoming books. So that might clear up things.

IMO, though, it's not that strange Voldemort killed Jack and Lily Potter. I mean, he killed everyone, so why not?

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post May 30th, 2003 10:32 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmeraldMalfoy
Slytherin House

Every knows Slytherin is the best house.

Gryffinshitz is to many good-two shoes
Ravenfreaks are to smart
Huffygeeks are just damn clumsy

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 02:57 PM
EmeraldMalfoy is currently offline Click here to Send EmeraldMalfoy a Private Message Find more posts by EmeraldMalfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hayden's minx
Safe

Jack Potter? I though it was James. Oh well.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 03:47 PM
mac11586
Fallen Jedi

It is hard for me to believe that you actually think gryffndor is the worst house it is slytherin by far. They are rich kids that have everything you could ever need and all they can think to do is bully others.

If that isn't good enough for you how about this. The three main characters wich are Gryffyndors are of the lowest class of wizards. You have a poor one, a mudblood (which is supposed to be inferior, dobut it), and a kid who had no parents.

Not to mention the fact that others in their house like Neville who can't even get a simple charm right. And some one has the balls to say that good things only happen to them. Well duh, they are the ones that are actually trying to do good. Should Malfoy be rewarded for being a jerk all the time. Or his sidekicks for being croonies.

So next time try to think your comments all the way through before posting.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 07:30 PM
mac11586 is currently offline Click here to Send mac11586 a Private Message Find more posts by mac11586 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gryffindor is a house for poncey proud arrogants. Slytherin just has a bad rep because it is for peole who want to get ahead ane necause there are a few numbskulls in it in Harry's time. Salazar himself could not have been Draco stupid, can he? Else he would never have been the great wizard he was.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:35 PM