KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » anyone know when star wars IV-VI is coming to dvd?

anyone know when star wars IV-VI is coming to dvd?
Started by: StinkFist462

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StinkFist462
Your Mom

Question anyone know when star wars IV-VI is coming to dvd?

sumone tell me plz

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 11:20 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Moving to DVD talk
moving--moved

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 12:07 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Messenger

I know where you can get it butI can't post the link, it wont let me. . .

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 06:33 AM
The Messenger is currently offline Click here to Send The Messenger a Private Message Find more posts by The Messenger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Messenger

w w w . o n 9 m o v i e . c om

without no spaces

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 06:35 AM
The Messenger is currently offline Click here to Send The Messenger a Private Message Find more posts by The Messenger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roberto

never is the is answer is it not??????????????

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=roberto

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 02:20 PM
roberto is currently offline Click here to Send roberto a Private Message Find more posts by roberto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

"I know where you can get it butI can't post the link, it wont let me. . ."

Don't be fooled by that guy.........those Star Wars dvds are bootleggs ripped from the Laser Disc version.

The original trilogy has never been released on dvd. I don't know if they are ever going to release the original versions. Last I heard about it was when they began shooting for Episode 3. Natalie Portman was shooting scenes to be placed in Return of the Jedi.

When the current "prequel trilogy" is done.......they are re-releasing the movies to theater again, the special editions that came out back in '97......but with more newly shot scenes to connect the two trilogies together. This is supposedly happening in 2006........then will be released to dvd just as all movies are after they leave the theaters.

I don't believe the classic trilogy will ever be released on dvd......only the Special Editions with the extra scenes added in..............

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 10:27 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

DAMMIT!!!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 10:34 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

That's the exact same thing I said when I heard they were releasing the special editions back in '97.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 11:14 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Yeah they probably wont release the originals. I heard they wont start on the dvds until George Lucas is free to oversee whole thing and seeing as how hes still working on the trilogy and then possibly Indy 4 it may be quite sometime. Evil is that confirmed about the re-re-release?

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 12:46 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

No...........not all of it. It is only rumor about them inserting more scenes into 4 and 5 when they release them again.

People in the Star Wars forum claim it is only rumor that Portman shot scenes for Jedi........even though MSN's main page had an interview with her on it a couple months ago where she blatantly said she had shot a scene to be placed at the end (like Obi-wan, Yoda, and Vader at the end)...and might be shooting more, she didn't know. I guess I'm the only one that has MSN as a homepage, as it is also my ISP.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 01:15 AM
chico
chopper style

Thats interesting but really is it necessary? who knows?
Sad thing is i will probably be there when it comes out.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:03 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gstu

George Lucas said he would not be releasing them on DVD at all, that is what i heard. You can buy them online but like it was said, they are copied from the laserdisc's. I bought my brother copies like that because he wanted them regardless, they are ok I guess. Nothing to special.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 09:32 PM
Gstu is currently offline Click here to Send Gstu a Private Message Find more posts by Gstu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

they will be out by late 2004 probably, they will be the "archival edition" with more CGI improvements, new and restored scenes, and an improved, reorchestrated score by john williams. ep 1 and 2 are being discontinued as of 12/31 but will be rereleased with the same treatment

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 03:47 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blueboy

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
Natalie Portman was shooting scenes to be placed in Return of the Jedi.

Pain and suffering I feel. Meditate on that disturbance in the force I will. sick

Seriously everyone, Lucas must be on drugs.

Last edited by blueboy on Nov 12th, 2003 at 05:12 AM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 05:07 AM
blueboy is currently offline Find more posts by blueboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

The last interview I read with Lucas said the following........

The Classic trilogy will not be released on dvd. Each movie will be released seperately, no box set. Each DVD (all three films) will include both the ORIGINAL version of the film.......and the Special Editions of the films that were made back in '97. It will be just like the E.T. dvd.......it will have the original and the new/improved versions.

Once again.....no trilogy set will be released. Each movie will however be released seperately with both versions of the films included. The plans as of right now are to begin releasing them after Episode III hits dvd. They will not be released at the same time.......they will be released in order a few months apart. None will be released before the Episode III dvd comes out.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 06:33 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

sorry, but i heard of new material being shot and in an interview, john williams said that he is reorchestrating the triology.

I also believe that lucas said that the originals will not be released again. hence the advertisement on the THX editions to get them before they disapear

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:44 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

personally i'm hoping for a 7 pack, I, II, clone wars, III, IV, V, VI

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 01:46 AM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Believe what you want.......but do a google search for the criteria "Lucas Original Star Wars Interview" and read.......no matter what you believe, when George Lucas says he is releasing his movies he is. You have no say in the matter.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 03:14 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

exactly, "original" trilogy means the first three films, Unaltered

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 06:56 AM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

exactly........the un-altered versions will be released.

The Star Wars DVD will contain:

Star Wars : A New Hope Special Edition
Star Wars : A New Hope original/un-altered version

The ROTJ DVD will contain :

Return of the Jedi Special Edition
Return of the Jedi original un-altered version

Same with Jedi.

All are being released seperately with both versions of the films packaged together.........just like the "E.T. The Extra Terrestrial" dvd.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 01:08 PM