KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » The Future of DVD?

The Future of DVD?
Started by: DeNiro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeNiro

wonder what will come next after dvds

what ever it is i aint changing my dvds to what ever they come out with next unless it is really fuuckin cool

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 12:28 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Next will be smaller dvds..........like the little 3" discs. They will play in your current dvd player but it will allow dvd players to be made smaller thus cheaper.

After that.......probably some sort of info. storing device........like memory sticks or something. I can't see these taking off though because they would cost more to produce than dvds do. The players would also have to be fitted with hard drives to read the info. on the memory stick....ofcourse making them more expensive.

I think dvds are here to stay for atleast the next 25 years..........they may be made smaller as I mentioned but the actual format will still be here. Who knows what will be after that. 25 years ago people were still watching Beta Max, VHS was the new technological breakthrough......people would have never dreamed of personal computers, MP3s, compact discs, dvds,etc.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 12:56 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

The dvd will be around for more than 12 years

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:19 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I wouldn't bet on that.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 03:09 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it has at least 20 years

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 03:17 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty soon we'll have little micro chips that we put into little machine that fit into the palm of are hand.You turn it on and a hologram will appear and youll have your movie :shock:

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 06:12 AM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by SlipknoT

That would be nice... but there's already formats that exist that are "supperior" to dvd. Smaller discs and such. They won't hit mainstream for quite a while, but 20 years is a big long.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 06:14 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by SlipknoT

I wish that were true. There's just a natural progression. Like Beta to VHS, Laserdisc to DVD, then after the whole HD-DVD and Blu-Ray DVD formats come and go, there'll be something totally out of this world in home entertainment.

The thing is, as obsolete as VHS are, they are still made for newer movies. People still own laserdiscs, too. Availability is the issue, and will be the same problem for current DVD's in about 10 years.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 06:21 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still think theres gonna be microchips.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 04:57 PM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didnt make this thread? But it might not have 20 years but it still has a little while

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 05:17 PM
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

Super VHS might come into fassion or something.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 09:34 PM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

There's already D-VHS, with a high definition transfer. It's limited to very few movies, and cost twice as much as an average DVD.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 09:54 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snipes
Number 1

beta kicked ass.

i love the beta max. on the beta i watched my first ever horror movie

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:25 PM
Snipes is currently offline Click here to Send Snipes a Private Message Find more posts by Snipes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snipes
Number 1

does anyone still own a beta max?

i do, with the remote with a cord attached. nice silver casing on the system and a whole 10 bete videos.

friday the 13th part 3
nightmare on elm street-dream warriors
survive( i think its called that, its about an airplane that crashes in the snow, and they start eating each other)
and the rest of the movies i forget the names off, but i had some comedys.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:32 PM
Snipes is currently offline Click here to Send Snipes a Private Message Find more posts by Snipes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really dont want to replace my dvd collection any time soon

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:43 PM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

nor do i, i wont untill it is completly outdated

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 12:52 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

God, most people are sick of re-buying their VHS videos on DVD. It's going to get REALLY annoying when everyone's favourite collections become obsolete every so often.

Yeah, natural progression yada yada yada - but at what cost? This natural progression could in fact send more and more people down the piracy route.

Think about it, would you continually buy the latest version of a movie, despite owning a legal copy, possible even a couple? Wouldn't you get tired of constantly updating and paying 3X plus, for essentially the same movie? Over and over again?

I know which route I'd prefer............

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 03:59 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

When DVD's sale for about $3 on store it kinda hints you that DVD most likely will fade in the next 5 years.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 05:08 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Yea I argee that it would be round but it will be geting very small.Smaller then it is.Like the other stuff that keeps geting thinner or smaller by the second!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 06:06 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Im gonna be so ***** off when I have to replace my dvds

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 06:12 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote