KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » A Sad Pawn Shop Story For You Guys.....

A Sad Pawn Shop Story For You Guys.....
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

A Sad Pawn Shop Story For You Guys.....

I was fillin' up the car this afternoon and popped into Pawn America to see what was shakin'. One of the regulars spoke to me, and Alison and I headed over to the glass case. I couldn't believe my eyes as to what I saw.

Sitting on the glass shelves were the following;

GI Joe Season 1 Pt. 1
GI Joe Season 1 Pt. 2
GI Joe Season 2 Pt. 1
GI Joe 2 Disc Original Mini Series
Transformers Season 1
Transformers Season 2 Pt. 1
Transformers Season 2 Pt. 2
Transformers Season 3 Pt. 1
Transformers Season 3 Pt. 2 & Season 4
Transformers Beast Wars Season 1
Transformers Beast Wars Season 2
Transformers Beast Wars Season 3
Tool: Salival DVD/VHS

Had it not been for their prices being eBay average, I almost fainted. The clerk walked over and asked me; "Did you see all the GI Joe and Transformers sets?", to which I said yes, and he told me it sucked because the guy came in for a loan, brought all those in AT ONE TIME, couldn't pay the loan, so they had to sell alllllllllll his sets.

Guys, for those of you that don't know, that's about $750 worth of DVD's right there. All of them OOP and extremely limited. Rhinovision had the licenses to all the DIC/Sunbow cartoons, i.e. Joe, Transformers, Jem, etc, and pressed all these sets for about a YEAR only. So, yeah, incredibly rare.

Anyway, I thought it was kind of a sad story, expecially when this guy could have just sold 'em on eBay and made a small fortune, as opposed to the $150 or so I'm sure he got for them at the Pawn Shop.

P.S. I got Transformers: The Complete First Season for $20. Happy Dance

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Oct 19th, 2005 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 07:10 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

How were they condition wise?

I used to watch beast wars in elementry school, I would have picked those up.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 08:53 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

All were excellent. "Beast Wars" and GI Joe Season 2 are still in print on DVD, the rest were discontinued. I ended up going back to get the GI Joe 2 Disc Original Mini Series for myself. Surprisingly enough, it was only $3.99.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 09:52 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

3.99?!?!

good stuff. Great story. I wish something would happen like that back here in VA. Every now and then I find something worth bragging about at gamestop.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 09:56 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

why the hell didn't you pick them all up!?! you know you'd make a fortune on eBay

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 10:57 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

They were being sold for the same price as eBay prices, if not more.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 04:23 AM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

ah ok...well thats pretty weak

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 11:39 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote