KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » The Hills Have Eyes

The Hills Have Eyes
Started by: ILoveMyDaniel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

The Hills Have Eyes

Alright, I know all of you have seen the ad at the top of KMC flashing about the upcoming release of The Hills Have Eyes! June 20th, for those who haven't! Whose going to buy it? Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 12:48 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Not me. I watched it yesterday and thought it was as bad, if not worse, than the original. People are trying to make some sort of social commentary out of it when all it is are some genetically deformed cannibals in the middle of nowhere. There were some unnecessarily gruesome and disturbign scenes that were actually pretty tasteless and probably used to make up for the lack of anything of true interest.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 02:33 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I'll be picking it up. I rather enjoyed it. It's no High Tension but I thought it was a step up from the original.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 05:45 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hellsangels

i will be, trailer looks good.. found this little gem on it too www.unratedtrailer.co.uk

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:51 AM
hellsangels is currently offline Click here to Send hellsangels a Private Message Find more posts by hellsangels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Suleyman

I loved it. Aja's a great director (though I still like High Tension better), and the extra gore will be nice. Definitely picking this one up.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 11:07 AM
Suleyman is currently offline Click here to Send Suleyman a Private Message Find more posts by Suleyman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will be buying it to put next to my Haute Tension.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 04:21 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Sorry to interject again, but where's the rewatch value in this? The first 50 minutes, seriously, nothing happens. Aja resorted to cheap jump scares, which is a shame for someone who had the support of so many people before this. The remainder is just unnecessarily debotched, right down to the graphic rape scenes which have been done before, just not as tasteless, perhaps.

But, to each their own, I suppose. I'll leave a copy for you guys to let collect dust on your shelves.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 05:13 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolfie
I'll be picking it up. I rather enjoyed it. It's no High Tension but I thought it was a step up from the original.

thumb up
Originally posted by Suleyman
I loved it. Aja's a great director (though I still like High Tension better), and the extra gore will be nice. Definitely picking this one up.

thumb up
Originally posted by MildPossession
I will be buying it to put next to my Haute Tension.

thumb up

Good choice, people!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 05:14 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Raping a nursing mother. Even better choice? Seriously. The movie was grossly tasteless, and nothing can disprove that.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 05:51 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'm picking up a copy this tuesday. I doubt there will be a SE somewhere in the future. So I'll settle for this unrated edition.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 06:20 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by C-Dic
Raping a nursing mother. Even better choice? Seriously. The movie was grossly tasteless, and nothing can disprove that.

You must not've seen it then considering they didn't even rape her, they raped the other girl. eek!
Go watch it instead of getting information on it from your friends, you opinion might be different from theirs.
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm picking up a copy this tuesday. I doubt there will be a SE somewhere in the future. So I'll settle for this unrated edition.

I want the unrated edition too.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 07:31 PM
Suleyman

No. Cannibal Holocaust is grossly tasteless; THHE is just good, clean fun for the whole family. smile

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 08:49 PM
Suleyman is currently offline Click here to Send Suleyman a Private Message Find more posts by Suleyman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i enjoyed the movie alot. i'll be picking up a copy

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 09:43 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I liked it, but didn't LOVE it, per se. I might buy the DVD.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 09:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

you better! or i;ll hammer ya!

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 09:52 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by Suleyman
No. Cannibal Holocaust is grossly tasteless; THHE is just good, clean fun for the whole family. smile

When I went to the theater to see this, a woman brought her like seven year old boys. Quite strange, actually.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 10:37 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Truthfully this thread has received a lot better comments than I thought it would; not trying to insult the movie. I'm glad for it though. smile

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 11:08 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
You must not've seen it then considering they didn't even rape her, they raped the other girl. eek!
Go watch it instead of getting information on it from your friends, you opinion might be different from theirs.

I watched the DVD Wednesday night, at my house, by myself, and the mother WAS raped, because the camera was clearly focused on the one guy, sucking on her breast as she sat there and cried. A lingering shot of a lactating, new mom, being violated.

I don't cite reasons for the sake of knocking a movie. I know what I saw, and forced oral sex is as much rape as penentration. They both got raped, and it effected me on a personal level.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 02:54 AM
hellsangels

comes out 26th june in uk

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 10:11 AM
hellsangels is currently offline Click here to Send hellsangels a Private Message Find more posts by hellsangels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

I watched the DVD Wednesday night, at my house, by myself, and the mother WAS raped, because the camera was clearly focused on the one guy, sucking on her breast as she sat there and cried. A lingering shot of a lactating, new mom, being violated.

I don't cite reasons for the sake of knocking a movie. I know what I saw, and forced oral sex is as much rape as penentration. They both got raped, and it effected me on a personal level.

Violation of a womans' parts is clearly different from rape. Sexual ASSAULT, maybe, but not rape.
And if that gave an effect on you, well, that's weird.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 04:06 PM