KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » V FOR VENDETTA (merged)

V FOR VENDETTA (merged)
Started by: echud12345six

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
echud12345six

Smile 7 Days...... (V for vendetta)

Seven Days Till V Day! That Is, When The Bitchin-ness Of V For Vendetta Comes Out! Thoughts? Does Anyone Know About Der Special Featas?? Do Tell Do Tell X)

Last edited by Dusty on Jul 25th, 2006 at 02:52 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 01:04 PM
echud12345six is currently offline Click here to Send echud12345six a Private Message Find more posts by echud12345six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GODOFALL1

This movie was weak, slow, dragging, and very long. I was very dissapointed.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 06:41 PM
GODOFALL1 is currently offline Click here to Send GODOFALL1 a Private Message Find more posts by GODOFALL1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I wholeheartedly disagree, but you also thought "Enter the Dragon" was garbage, too, so spare us your thoughts.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:03 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

V for Vendetta

Comes out tomorrow! (August 1st)

Anyone gonna buy it? smokin'

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 10:15 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Probably not me. I enjoyed it alright but the ending really hurt the movie, IMO.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 12:15 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

The ending was just fine for me.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 02:10 AM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I have it on order.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 09:59 AM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Good movie, and I'll be buying it. I wish the other adaptations of Alan Moore's work was this good. LXG was borderline shit compared to the graphic novel, and From Hell, while moody and very atmospheric, was to watered down. I liked it okay, though.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 12:01 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I got mine a few days ago, got a 2 disc deluxe edition with the comic book, it was the cheaper compared to the region 1 and had a different cover I liked, so happy with it.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 05:47 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

I got mine today, its a shame that in the UK we have to put up with the 1 Disc Edition of the film.

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 05:55 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

(I was very bored)

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Translation:

Look! Standing before you, a humble, experienced stage performer, shown in abscence as both a victim and a villain by the circumstance in which you see me. This appearance, no simple ornament of vanity, is a shadow of the people's voices, now empty, gone, as the once vital voice of truth will now respect what they once fought against. However, this proud visit of a voice from the past stands renewed, and has vowed to destroy these corrupt and infectious vermin who guard the evil and condone the violent and the violation of choice. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a vow, not without purpose, because the value and truthfulness of it shall one day vindicate the right and just. Yes, this overabundance of words turns most wordy face-to-face an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 06:34 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
(I was very bored)

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Translation:

Look! Standing before you, a humble, experienced stage performer, shown in abscence as both a victim and a villain by the circumstance in which you see me. This appearance, no simple ornament of vanity, is a shadow of the people's voices, now empty, gone, as the once vital voice of truth will now respect what they once fought against. However, this proud visit of a voice from the past stands renewed, and has vowed to destroy these corrupt and infectious vermin who guard the evil and condone the violent and the violation of choice. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a vow, not without purpose, because the value and truthfulness of it shall one day vindicate the right and just. Yes, this overabundance of words turns most wordy face-to-face an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

laughing out loud

How long did that take you ?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 06:58 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by T.M
How long did that take you ?

About 20 minutes of going back and forth from dictionary.com to here. yes

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 06:58 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by Impediment
About 20 minutes of going back and forth from dictionary.com to here. yes

Nice... 20 minutes well spent. big grin

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 07:02 PM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

i like this movie, i rented it. thought the acting was good. 2nd time watching it made me understand the story more better.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 02:09 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I got mine today.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 12:18 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by GODOFALL1
This movie was weak, slow, dragging, and very long. I was very dissapointed.

I agree. I was looking forward to seeing this on DVD, since I missed it in theaters, and I was dissapointed as well. I thought it was way too long and boring. I was not intrigued at all with the story, the effects, the acting, any of it. The tone seemed to change too often without enough foreshadowing as well. It was a good idea that could have been better.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 12:43 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

I loved it completely. It started off with a bang, and that really drew me in. The middle was mostly drama and story, which was understandable. You don't want a movie with nothing but a flock of action, much less all talk. The finale was well played. The fighting scene was awesome, not to mention the ending made me cry because it was so beautiful.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 01:45 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

i love the scenes that were involved with the dominoes. I think it went well with what was happening, like the uprising, people in Guy Fawkes masks, going against the government. Like a chain of events that were unstoppable...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 02:50 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

another movie i most defiantly have to buy, loved it. Actually, watching this was my PERFECT cinematic experience. I got to the cinema, got my malteasers and bottle of coke and went into the theatre, it was empty. not "a few people here or there" empty, i mean tumbleweed rolling down the isle, not a soul in sight, EMPTY! Not only did i have the entire place to myself, but they just put in new chairs, so i got in the middle, got comfy and lost myself in the movie. The projectionist came out and said cos i was the only one there he'd skip the trailers and when i was leaving i got the movie poster. I don't care what anyone says, that was nirvana.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 02:50 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote